Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Holiday Sale Begins

The Steam Store now reflects the Steam holiday sale, which will run from now until January 2, offering up to 80% savings on select titles, as well as daily and weekly specials on individual titles and compilations. They are also offering a daily special for those who already own a specific Steam game, kicking things off with an additional 10% off on Portal (which is already 75% off) for those who already own Half-Life 2. Here are some of the more than 1000 titles on sale, with individual titles from these various bundles and collections also available at discounts:

View
73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

53. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 20:44 Bucky

Golwar wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 19:57:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 19:53:
I know I can get it a bit cheaper retail. But I would rather pay a bit more and keep all my games on Steam.

Isn't Black Ops one of those games that use Steam anyways? As Civilization or Empire for example.
In that case you could buy it via retail and will have it in Steam too. Can't say for sure, I don't have it.

Yes, Black Ops uses Steamworks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 20:34 Prez

Jensen wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 20:07:
I think the difficulty of the game (Super Meat Boy) is way over-stated. I can't even beat most Mega-Man games (or almost any other NES era platformer), but I had no trouble beating the light world of SMB. The Dark World was tough, but since very few levels take longer than 20 seconds or so to beat, and there are instant respawns with no lives counter, I was able to finish all the levels.

That's good to know. It is getting great reviews everywhere I look, so if the difficulty isn't insane it's a must-buy.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

51. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 20:31 PHJF

I GUESS I can get Bad Company 2 for $7...

And god damn you enahs, yesterday I buy Titan Quest (again) to play with you and now it's 75% off.

What a world, what a world...

Steam + PSN: PHJF

50. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 20:11 LittleMe

removed  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

49. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 20:07 Jensen

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 19:31:
The "tough as nails" part in the description turned me off from it. Stubbornly trudging through Ghosts and Goblins and Shinobi when I was younger was all well and good, but I'm an old fart with no patience now... If a game claims to be as tough as nails in its own description, I am probably not the target audience.

I think the difficulty of the game (Super Meat Boy) is way over-stated. I can't even beat most Mega-Man games (or almost any other NES era platformer), but I had no trouble beating the light world of SMB. The Dark World was tough, but since very few levels take longer than 20 seconds or so to beat, and there are instant respawns with no lives counter, I was able to finish all the levels.

48. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 20:02 [VG]Reagle

If ROCKSTAR is so good that they can't bring RED DEAD REDEMTION to the PC then FUCK THEIR STEAM COLLECTION.  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

47. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:57 Golwar

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 19:53:
I know I can get it a bit cheaper retail. But I would rather pay a bit more and keep all my games on Steam.

Isn't Black Ops one of those games that use Steam anyways? As Civilization or Empire for example.
In that case you could buy it via retail and will have it in Steam too. Can't say for sure, I don't have it.

46. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:53 [VG]Reagle

45. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:50 Golwar

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 19:44:
Im waiting for Black Ops on this list!

I highly doubt that this will happen. Even with a daily deal, it would never achieve more than -20%. You can get it for a better price via retail.

Thank you Prez. One game less to ponder about.

44. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:49 RaZ0r!

Man, I still have games from the LAST Christmas sale I haven't played! Here comes more!  

43. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:47 space captain

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 19:31:
Stubbornly trudging through Ghosts and Goblins

that fucker was brutal.. or a word we used to say quite a bit in the old days.. "cheap"

Go forth, and kill!

42. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:44 [VG]Reagle

Im waiting for Black Ops on this list!  

41. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:42 jimnms

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 16:00:
Break out the credit card, it's going to be a wild ride!
Can I get a ride on your credit card?

MeanJim on Steam

40. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:38 Golwar

Hehe, I see that Prez transfered the GOG spirit to Blue. Added you and I don't even want a free game!

So does anyone have some little secret must have titles?
Currently I have Space Rangers 2: Reboot and Guardians of Graxia on my watch list.

39. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:31 Prez

The "tough as nails" part in the description turned me off from it. Stubbornly trudging through Ghosts and Goblins and Shinobi when I was younger was all well and good, but I'm an old fart with no patience now... If a game claims to be as tough as nails in its own description, I am probably not the target audience.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

38. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:24 Jensen

Super Meat Boy for $3.75 is a great deal. (it's a great deal even at the normal $15 price!)

37. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 19:24 Bucky

Well, nothing jumps out at me right now. I own most of the games I want, and the publisher catalog sales aren't worth grabbing until the last day in case a specific game goes on the daily sale.

I still need to play through Dragon Age, so I'll probably grab the Ultimate Edition for all the DLC if it drops a bit more.

36. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 18:34 Ray Marden

It's a developer decision, but it's just about only Valve that lets you gift "extra" copies of games, else they just disappear.

If you are concerned, it will tell you prior to finalizing purchase - it will state "You already own <Game XYZ>, you will/won't be able to purchase additional copies." Well, something to that effect...
Kind of like reverse piracy by the publishers. ZOMG.
Having picked up all the Oddworld games as well as the newest PoP,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

35. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 18:12 Prez

C'mon, friend me - I was only kidding!

BTW, the 'deluded nutjob' comment was because you said I was awesome, not because of anything you have said in the past.

- Mahatma Gandhi

34. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 18:06 LittleMe

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 17:45:
Are you one of my friends yet? I need more deluded nutjobs smart rational people like you on my friends list.

Ouch. Good luck with your 'friends' with words like that!

Perpetual debt is slavery.

73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo