Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status

SEGAbits has a recent excerpt from Game Informer Magazine where SEGA's Alan Pritchard talks about plans for Aliens Colonial Marines, the upcoming Aliens shooter in the works at Gearbox Software. Pritchard explains why they've been so quiet about this project, but that they plan on telling us more soon (thanks Ant via IGN). Here's word:

Colonial Marines is still on. We've been working closely with Gearbox behind the scenes, and we'll be able to tell you a lot about that in the next couple of months. It won't be November 11 [as previously reported]. We haven't announced a date yet. This was kind of a pick up for us, with Activision acquiring Vivendi and us having the Aliens license. With the state of the code available to us with Aliens vs. Predator from Rebellion, that kind of forces us to slightly alter our Aliens roadmap and strategy. It made sense to release that first.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 21, 2010, 10:55 Prez

I think everyone should do themselves a favor and buy AvP Classic off of Steam if you haven't already, then install this mod:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-versus-predator-classic-redux

You can thank me later.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 21, 2010, 07:55 InBlack

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 16:39:
Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 12:36:
I can't help but get excited for anything set in the Aliens universe.

Same here. Glad I'm not the only one most likely setting himself up for another disappointment!

Same here, AvP was definitely dissapointing though.

I have a nifty blue line!

19. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 21, 2010, 07:17 Rigs

I find it odd that you accuse Valve and Telltale of "milking the franchise" yet when Gearbox does it, it's A-OK.

Awesome logic!

BUSTED!

Funny, regulars at Blues catch so much flak, they apparently think we're too pissed off and stupid to remember posts between topics...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

18. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 21, 2010, 04:19 StingingVelvet

I actually liked the marine campaign from the recent AVP quite a bit, I thought it nailed the Aliens movie experience. The multiplayer sucked though... haven't really played much of the other campaigns yet.

As for this I loved Gearbox's BiA games, but like Verno I found Borderlands to be pretty average and bland. I think a lot of people love it just because co-op with buds is fun by default and some people are obsessed with loot.

17. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 21, 2010, 01:59 LemonJoose

I worry that Gearbox has too much stuff on their plate at once. Duke Nukem Forever, Aliens Colonial Marines, and you know they must also be working on Borderlands 2.  

16. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 19:59 Blaaguuu

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 10:41:
A shame it's Gearbox who's involved.

Have you played the Brothers In Arms games? After playing Hell's Highway, then hearing that Gearbox was making an Aliens game shortly thereafter, I was incredibly excited. Borderlands is irrelevant.

At Gearbox's panel at this years PAX, they didn't outright say much about Colonial Marines, since it is a licensed property, and they don't have the last say for what can be revealed, and when... But it sounded like it will be their next big release after finishing up Duke Nukem. Then another Brothers In Arms is likely to follow.

15. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 19:24 Prez

For the sale price, I found that AvP 2010 was a decent buy because of the coop survival mode. The multiplayer is occasionally fun. I just feel bad for whoever paid full price for this.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 17:35 Lit_Reflex001

Better not be like that steaming pile of shit AvP was. And I was all over these forums spouting optimism and praise for their previous AVP games!

FUCK, that game sucked. They must have lost ALL of their original developers!

That other PC AVP game was fucking awesome. And the gore details were so sweet! I loved ripping people in half with the Predator or pegging someone's head to a wall with the Pred speargun.

It was also cool how every time blood went into the air, it would land on the ground and leave a decal that would stay. Everything was a great bloody mess (though it's better with a low level of the extra gore cheat)!

13. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 16:39 Prez

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 12:36:

Same here. Glad I'm not the only one most likely setting himself up for another disappointment!

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 15:59 nin

Plus let’s not forget that when they do a dlc this helps the company pay their bills so they can keep making games.

I find it odd that you accuse Valve and Telltale of "milking the franchise" yet when Gearbox does it, it's A-OK.

Awesome logic!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 15:55 Verno

I understand some of what you are saying, but are you really going to bitch about a 10 dollar add-on that gave several hours of game play?

Yes because it was a horrible piece of unfun garbage that is forced on the player if they want a feature that should have been free in the first place. The rest of your response is subjective and we'll agree to disagree.

Anyways I remain cautiously optimistic about this game because I love the Aliens license but Gearbox has let me down more than once at this point.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

10. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 15:40 Darks

I understand some of what you are saying, but are you really going to bitch about a 10 dollar add-on that gave several hours of game play? Moxi may have been the worst of the add-ons, but the other three were 5 times better and added a lot of new content.

Plus let’s not forget that when they do a dlc this helps the company pay their bills so they can keep making games. I just think you may be a little over critical of this company, Borderlands was a good quality game. I have played it Coop with my friends keeping us busy for countless hours.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

9. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 14:12 Verno

Darks wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 12:49:

your crazy, they did a great job on Borderlands, thats a great Coop game. I really think this is going to be their best game yet when its released.

Not really, Borderlands is fun co-op just like about any game is fun to play with friends. I wouldn't say its a particular standout. It was a fairly ho-hum game all things considered. The basic formula was an interesting concept that was fun for awhile but ultimately wears thin. They really needed to flesh out the game more instead of just tacking on more repetitive content. The PC port was a pretty big mess at release too, the multiplayer was barely functional and they flat out lied to people about the state of the game. Also Mad Moxxi is possibly the finest example of shitty DLC ever and they still to this day require you to purchase it to get a fucking stash. Finally the game was poorly tuned and balanced, rockets and grenades being totally pointless compared to any of the other weapons amongst other examples. The characters were homogenized due to the laughable individual skill each gets and being able to fill out the vast majority of the trees.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2010, 14:19.

8. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 12:49 Darks

your crazy, they did a great job on Borderlands, thats a great Coop game. I really think this is going to be their best game yet when its released.

7. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 12:47 Darks

As long as this gets completed, thats all I care about and the Coop of course.  

6. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 12:36 Verno

5. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 11:26 Rilcon

Obsidian was making an Aliens RPG, but that got cancelled about a year back.  

4. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 10:58 JoeNapalm

Wasn't this supposed to be an RPG?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

3. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 10:44 ochentay4

I like Gearbox. What I dont like is that SEGA stopped AvP support on PS3, 360 and PC. There are a lot of remaining bugs (speccialy on consoles) and room for improvement. Go to steam forums and foind out:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=774

SEGA should at least patch the remaining bugs before releasing Aliens Colonial Marines.

2. Re: SEGA on Aliens Colonial Marines Status Dec 20, 2010, 10:44 joe2tiger

With the state of the code available to us with Aliens vs. Predator from Rebellion, that kind of forces us to slightly alter our Aliens roadmap and strategy. It made sense to release that first

I only played the AvP reboot for a week, the gameplay felt unfinished and had less features than the previous games. I like the work Gearbox did on Gears of War. I'm very curious to see if it is better than AvP.

Carl Sagan wrote:
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo