Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

AIAS to Honor BioWare Founders

IndustryGamers has word that BioWare founders Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk will be the 14th and 15th developers inducted into The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) hall of fame in a ceremony to be held on February 10, 2011, the first time two individuals will be inducted together. "The Doctors -- Dr. Ray Muzyka and Dr. Greg Zeschuk -- have produced some of the most wildly successful and accomplished games, and these will resonate among gamers for a very long time," said Martin Rae, Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences president. "The range of their talents is endless, from game design and production to being accomplished in business and corporate leadership, and their original backgrounds as physicians. They truly embody what it means to be a Hall of Fame recipient and the AIAS is looking forward to including them into our esteemed list of inductees."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: AIAS to Honor BioWare Founders Dec 20, 2010, 10:23 J

That Santa emoticon could be useful. "Your trolling makes Santa cry..."  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: AIAS to Honor BioWare Founders Dec 20, 2010, 09:27 InBlack

Santa oh yeah about that santa, thats probably the coolest santa smiley ever, I dig the fact that he is totally sad and fucked up about Christmas...  

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: AIAS to Honor BioWare Founders Dec 20, 2010, 09:25 InBlack

I dont get it, why do they have a hall of fame for game developers? Are they rock stars or musicians? Not even hollywood actors have a hall of fame, although they do get their "stars" on the most "popular" street in L.A. if they keep at it long enough...

I dunno about this....hopefully it doesnt take off, its almost feels like ego-boosting compensation for a life-time of nerdyness.....

An award show like the Oscars would be more appropriate I think.

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: AIAS to Honor BioWare Founders Dec 20, 2010, 08:57 zirik

i wonder when derek smart will be inducted? :))  

4. Re: AIAS to Honor BioWare Founders Dec 20, 2010, 02:21 space captain

LIQUID-SEX wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 01:48:
Consoles handcuff every development team. They are a pox on the gaming world. On the other hand they give us rehashed mp games for 4-5 sequels!! I have been pleased with bioware, although as Acleacius pointed out, they could have been so much greater if not for the drag in development that are consoles.

If it wasn't for so many stupid people owning them and willing to part with cash for so much crap they call games nowadays, devs. would work harder to make games like they use to. Now they can release half finished, scripted, piles O' crap, and they know they'll sell at least 2 million copies on consoles. Plus they have to have messed up GUI's the horrible controls, the fubar'd FOV, and the fantastic quick time events all the kiddies can't seem to do without. Then the devs. just get too lazy to remove it for the pc version and we're left with a pile of crap which we of course don't buy, then they blame the poor sales on pirates. Damn Somalis. /rant

P.S. I hate Steve Jobs too.

you trying to make santa cry? Santa

seriously wtf is up with that santa

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: AIAS to Honor BioWare Founders Dec 20, 2010, 01:48 LIQUID-SEX

Consoles handcuff every development team. They are a pox on the gaming world. On the other hand they give us rehashed mp games for 4-5 sequels!! I have been pleased with bioware, although as Acleacius pointed out, they could have been so much greater if not for the drag in development that are consoles.

If it wasn't for so many stupid people owning them and willing to part with cash for so much crap they call games nowadays, devs. would work harder to make games like they use to. Now they can release half finished, scripted, piles O' crap, and they know they'll sell at least 2 million copies on consoles. Plus they have to have messed up GUI's the horrible controls, the fubar'd FOV, and the fantastic quick time events all the kiddies can't seem to do without. Then the devs. just get too lazy to remove it for the pc version and we're left with a pile of crap which we of course don't buy, then they blame the poor sales on pirates. Damn Somalis. /rant

P.S. I hate Steve Jobs too.

2. Re: AIAS to Honor BioWare Founders Dec 19, 2010, 23:47 Acleacius

There one of the best Action RPG developers we have atm and I'm sure they could do even better if they weren't being forced to dumb down their games for consoles.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Congrats... Dec 19, 2010, 20:46 JohnBirshire

They've been responsible for 100s of hours of entertainment for me, that's for sure.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo