Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG

The VGA Interviews page on Destructoid has a video interview with Frank Pearce of Blizzard, asking flat out about Titan, the project revealed in a recent document leak. He comes out and admits this is their next-gen MMOG, but says that the media shouldn't know anything about it, and that the only discussion of the project at the moment is to get word out about it in the industry to help recruit development talent.

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

58. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 18, 2010, 20:32 Yifes

Slashman wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 16:22:
WoW may cover all the basics when it comes to a standard fantasy MMO, but there isn't a single outstanding thing about it that you can't find in some other game. It simply managed to put a lot of systems together and polish them up(its what Blizzard does).

And that IS the single outstanding thing about WOW that no other game comes close to, the experience as a whole. I've tried to get friends to switch to other MMOs, but they inevitably go back to WOW because other are missing certain quality features that WOW players take for granted.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 17:13 Creston

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 16:38:
Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 16:33:
kxmode wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 14:26:
Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 12:05:
kxmode wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 11:31:
Blah blah blah. Blah blah, blee blee blah. *sad face*

I wish we could embed pictures, because this SCREAMS for Sad Keanu holding a copy of Cataclysm.

http://www.kxmode.com/tmp/sad-keanu-cataclysm.jpg

You, sir, are a God amongst men.

Creston

I sure hope you were directing that at kxmode, not Keanu.

*Grin*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Don't tempt the Wrath of Sad Keanu!

Creston

56. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 16:38 JoeNapalm

Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 16:33:

I wish we could embed pictures, because this SCREAMS for Sad Keanu holding a copy of Cataclysm.

Creston

I sure hope you were directing that at kxmode, not Keanu.

*Grin*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

55. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 16:33 Creston

Creston

54. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 16:22 Slashman

AnointedSword wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 11:14:
Oh yes, the pride of some of us to think our opinion is the only opinion that matters. All you guys that say Wow sucks please enlighten me with a better and more polished mmorpg? Please do because I would probably play it.

Ahhh lookie!? It is Joe Napalm again! God figure.I should have known that the capitalist hating machine would be here:)

Here is a good video that talks about capitalism. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A

Yeah dude, your slavish devotion is peeking out. Might want to wrap it back up nice and tight.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever said that WoW is a bad game. I have made a point of saying that as far as fantasy MMOs go, it's nothing special. That doesn't mean that there is something more brilliantly spectacular out there, it just means that I expected Blizzard to, for once, just man up and innovate something instead of just polishing the same grindy crap that's been out there since EQ went live.

I rate games as games, MMO or not. City of Heroes, for all its repetitive environments, at least has combat that's fun and lets you feel like a freaking hero(hey look...I can knock this thug 30 or 40 feet in the air and/or shock to death 20 equal level enemies simultaneously).

WoW may cover all the basics when it comes to a standard fantasy MMO, but there isn't a single outstanding thing about it that you can't find in some other game. It simply managed to put a lot of systems together and polish them up(its what Blizzard does).

So I dunno, explain what I'm supposed to find so awesome about playing WoW. Maybe I missed something.

53. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 15:57 JoeNapalm

AnointedSword wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 11:14:
Oh yes, the pride of some of us to think our opinion is the only opinion that matters. All you guys that say Wow sucks please enlighten me with a better and more polished mmorpg? Please do because I would probably play it.

Ahhh lookie!? It is Joe Napalm again! God figure.I should have known that the capitalist hating machine would be here:)

Here is a good video that talks about capitalism. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A

I say again...

Uh, what?

Dude, I don't know what kind of glue you're sniffing, but every time you reply to me, it's like reading the rantings of someone who is in the throes of a psychotic break. Nothing you have EVER said to me has EVER had the slightest, most remote connection to anything I have EVER said.

I've curbed several harsh responses to this crap - because it's obvious you really have no idea what I'm talking about - but seriously, just knock it off.

I've checked your history, and you appear to have some particular problem with me, and me alone. I don't appreciate it. It's idiotic. It's embarrassing to watch, let alone be associated with simply as the target of your misdirected ire.

Do yourself a favor...next time you see one of my posts, just assume that you have no @#$%ing idea what language I'm speaking. The net effect will be the same, and it will save you the trouble of spewing nonsense and vitriol.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

52. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 14:49 Verno

Hahaha, well done.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

51. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 14:26 Kxmode

50. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 13:12 sauron

Creston

Or a picture of a million WoW dwarves, all wearing Agent Smith sunglasses.

Kittens!

49. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 12:26 Optional nickname

Blizzard execs, step aside, you will need to sit down for this one:

Clearly, if you want to make a TRillion dollars with your next game, simply call it TITAN: WOW vs.Diablo. Hybrid MMO/RTS

enough said.

anything less, would not whet your money belt as much.

48. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 12:19 Optional nickname

Minneyar wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 22:50:
ASJD wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 22:30:
StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 21:28:
I actually just now, yesterday, for the first time, started playing WoW. It sucks as a game, I hate it, but I keep playing it.

I don't think that's normal. Seriously. Those freaks that play WoW usually get some little glimmer of enjoyment.

Those that are smarter and have played a lot of games and don't enjoy WoW won't ever become addicted.

I've played thousands of games and own every system ever produced. I just started playing WoW yesterday and it's easily the best game I've ever played.

(see, I can do this, too!)

I've too have played thousands of games and own every system ever produced. I just started playing WoW (when Lich King came out) and it's easily only game I've ever played for just 6 hours, once , and never touched it again. Not for me, although I am a dedicated Diablo, Dungeon Seige, and Warcraft RTS / CNC RTS player.

47. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 12:05 Creston

GayBlade wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 09:30:
All this use of the term, addiction, is pathetic. Can we at Blues News consider not externalizing our own issues and blaming a company or game (let alone substances) for our own weaknesses?

If you are so ineffective managing your time, perhaps you are not cut out for work, for relationships, for recreation, etc. and perhaps you should seek professional help to assist you in managing this most basic resource that everyone must master.

Shall we try it? Stop blaming external forces for what is truly an internal issue. Try taking personal responsibility and growing up.

Creston

46. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 11:52 Verno

nin wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 11:35:
Shall we try it? Stop blaming external forces for what is truly an internal issue. Try taking personal responsibility and growing up.

What? I think that's a perfectly reasonable request.

It was thinly veiled "Guys I love X and dont agree with this so you can't discuss it" crap. Yes that's totally reasonable, lol. Offering a contrary opinion is reasonable, shutting down discussion because you don't like the subject material is not.

45. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 11:35 nin

What? I think that's a perfectly reasonable request.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

44. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 11:31 Kxmode

GayBlade wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 09:30:
All this use of the term, addiction, is pathetic. Can we at Blues News consider not externalizing our own issues and blaming a company or game (let alone substances) for our own weaknesses?

If you are so ineffective managing your time, perhaps you are not cut out for work, for relationships, for recreation, etc. and perhaps you should seek professional help to assist you in managing this most basic resource that everyone must master.

43. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 11:21 Verno

All you guys that say Wow sucks please enlighten me with a better and more polished mmorpg? Please do because I would probably play it.

People don't need to think WoW sucks to recognize areas of improvement for the whole genre dude.

Your sarcasm is truly amazing...staggering in fact.

Your strange lack of empathy and loaded statement were also staggering

42. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 11:14 AnointedSword

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

41. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 11:10 JoeNapalm

Verno wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 10:29:
Actually this is all a fake universe created by Blizzard, we're secretly hooked up to bio-machines which are using humans as the power source for their MMO servers.

You're our only hope Neo-sauron, take the red pill. Anxious

I don't buy that...Blizzard doesn't create Universes...they steal them and make them more marketable.

They're really damn good at it, but creating isn't their thing.

Other than that, I find your Coppertop theory entirely plausible, of course. *Grin*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

40. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 10:56 sauron

Verno wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 10:29:
Actually this is all a fake universe created by Blizzard, we're secretly hooked up to bio-machines which are using humans as the power source for their MMO servers.

Jessica Simpson as an Epic Flying Mount.

You're our only hope Neo-sauron, take the red pill. Anxious

/takes the red pill.

Kittens!

39. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 10:55 GayBlade

Verno wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 09:42:
I didn't realize we had a professional psychologist who specializes in behavioral addiction on staff here. You should give this speech at some gambling or substance addiction sessions. It's so obvious, people should just grow up and stop being lazy good for nothings with no willpower!! Why didn't anyone else think of that? Amazing.

Your sarcasm is truly amazing...staggering in fact.

You don't need to be exasperated at the weak willed addicts, I'm sure they have enough self-loathing as it is

On this I agree with you for once, Verno.

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo