Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Heroes of Newerth 2.0 Launches

The Heroes of Newerth Website announces the launch of version 2.0 of S2 Games' session-based, multiplayer action/RPG, which is available as a free upgrade for all HoN players or as a one-time purchase for newcomers. Word is: "HoN 2.0 features a more action-packed game style that will enhance the adrenaline factor for hardcore gamers and attract more casual gamers, a growing breed of HoN players. In addition to enhanced visual and interface elements, a new 3v3 map, a map editor, and a cosmetic items shop, HoN 2.0 introduces a new-and-improved Match Making System that fairly and quickly matches players. HoN 2.0 also introduces an entirely new game play mode, called Casual Mode, aimed to lower the barrier to entry for new and casual gamers."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Heroes of Newerth 2.0 Launches Dec 14, 2010, 18:56 Golwar

raVen wrote on Dec 14, 2010, 13:01:
play lol instead, lol = casual (when compared to hon.)

(League of Legends is Free to Play)

Not so sure about it being more casual, but it is generally more fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Heroes of Newerth 2.0 Launches Dec 14, 2010, 17:51 Frijoles

WiillyWonka wrote on Dec 14, 2010, 14:19:
S2 should have done this from the beginning. Maybe then I would have stayed with the game.

Agree. I haven't played since beta due to the community. I may try it out though. I like S2.

5. Re: Heroes of Newerth 2.0 Launches Dec 14, 2010, 16:59 Sleyn

I like how the game still costs 30 dollars and they are coming up with f2p style nickle and dime mico transactions. Pass

Unlike League of Legends, none of their "nickle and dime" transactions have an impact on gameplay. Alternate models, announcer packs, etc. And you can earn the in-game currency to buy them by playing games.

I'm all for hating micro transactions when they're evil, but this seems alright by me.

4. Re: Heroes of Newerth 2.0 Launches Dec 14, 2010, 16:08 Kobalt

I like how the game still costs 30 dollars and they are coming up with f2p style nickle and dime mico transactions. Pass  

3. Re: Heroes of Newerth 2.0 Launches Dec 14, 2010, 14:19 WiillyWonka

S2 should have done this from the beginning. Maybe then I would have stayed with the game.  

2. Re: Heroes of Newerth 2.0 Launches Dec 14, 2010, 13:01 raVen

play lol instead, lol = casual (when compared to hon.)

(League of Legends is Free to Play)

1. Re: Heroes of Newerth 2.0 Launches Dec 14, 2010, 11:39 justice7

Glad to see them trying to fix the community with the casual mode, I may actually look this one up.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo