Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours

Blizzard announces sales figures for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, saying the third expansion for their MMORPG sold through more than 3.3 million copies during its first 24 hours of availability. They say this makes the add-on the fastest-selling PC game of all time (including digital pre-sales), "based on internal company records and reports from key distribution partners." They say: "This milestone eclipses the previous record of more than 2.8 million copies sold in 24 hours, set in November 2008 by Blizzardís second World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King." On a semi-related note, the new UK game sales chart from GFK Chart-Track is online, where Cataclysm is number three in a chart that's still dominated by Call of Duty: Black Ops.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Good! Dec 14, 2010, 19:04 Eldaron Imotholin

kxmode wrote on Dec 14, 2010, 18:54:

So is Cataclysm good?

"Good" wouldn't be the first word that comes to mind, but yeah.. I guess you could call it that!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Good! Dec 14, 2010, 18:54 Kxmode

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 14, 2010, 17:52:
I haven't read the thread yet at all but...

This expansion is GOOD!!! But I mean really fucking good. I am VERY happy I bought this game with my coupons (sorry Ant, but they were of no use in America else I would've sent them to you... of course).

Let me tell you this: This game/expansion is the best thing that has happened to me -- game wise!! -- in the entirety of 2010.

The quests are good. The story is good. The flow is good. The new classes are good. The new instances are good. I'm a sucker for singleplayer games, and the singleplayer experience I feel while playing is good too!

I'm still not sure if I should hate to admit it... but Cataclysm is good!

So is Cataclysm good?

46. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 14, 2010, 17:57 Eldaron Imotholin

ASeven wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:51:
The only, real question is and remains:

How many elf ladies are actually girls?

I like that remark. Hence the name of my guild: G I R L.

...Guys In Real Life.

45. Good! Dec 14, 2010, 17:52 Eldaron Imotholin

I haven't read the thread yet at all but...

This expansion is GOOD!!! But I mean really fucking good. I am VERY happy I bought this game with my coupons (sorry Ant, but they were of no use in America else I would've sent them to you... of course).

Let me tell you this: This game/expansion is the best thing that has happened to me -- game wise!! -- in the entirety of 2010.

The quests are good. The story is good. The flow is good. The new classes are good. The new instances are good. I'm a sucker for singleplayer games, and the singleplayer experience I feel while playing is good too!

I'm still not sure if I should hate to admit it... but Cataclysm is good!

44. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 14, 2010, 04:17 InBlack

AnointedSword wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 11:37:
JoeNapalm...why are you so concerned about what others make? Stop focusing on the negative and go after success yourself. Unless you are an alien, I believe anyone can be successful if they have the right mindset. Btw, I am not nerding out on you. I am trying to open your eyes to the truth. I have started my own business and I am my own boss. There is also a flip side of having your own business. You have to get out there and bring the money in because no one will cut you check for just showing up.

Call up your local internet provider and ask them how much it was cost to host for 3million plus people. Once you get that number, let me know if you think running a business is all fun and games.

Well said, TJ.

What the fuck???

I have a nifty blue line!

43. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 18:58 The Half Elf

Your still in the starting area Tumbler. Your at the point where the devs want to make sure you can 'play' the game and know what your doing. As for PVP you can start doing that at level 11, just mouse over the hotbar near the bottom middle/right of the screen.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

42. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 18:30 Kxmode

Tumbler wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 16:52:
But then I got a mission that said to go see someone in darkshore which is right below my little newb island and I can't figure out how to get there... I can go to stormhelm or something and the other ship kicks me off because I don't have burning crusade.

Talk the Flight Master in Rut'theran Village. He looks like a Night Elf standing next to pair of winged lion creatures. You should visit http://www.wowwiki.com/ for general information.

41. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 16:52 Tumbler

Hmm, I booted this game up on a trial when Cataclysm came out and I can't say it plays any different than before. I started a game as a nightelf archer guy and the quests so far are exactly what I remember. Go here, hunt 5 guys, come back, etc. I'm lvl 9 I think, maybe 10, but the content seems very limited. I tried to join a PvP game, at least i think that is what that guy was offering. Battlemaster something?, it didn't work. Didn't do anything in fact.

The most interesting thing I've seen so far is the ships that take you off the island and to stormhelm or whatever. You get to walk right on and then they set sail with you on the deck. Very cool.

But then I got a mission that said to go see someone in darkshore which is right below my little newb island and I can't figure out how to get there... I can go to stormhelm or something and the other ship kicks me off because I don't have burning crusade.

How do you find a pvp game? And how do you find dungeons that you can que into as people have mentioned.

Basically if you are a lvl 10 night elf and you're bored to tears in the starter zone what should I do next? There are a handful of missions to do here still but I am sick of the cookie cutter MMO missions.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

40. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 15:34 Cram

Well a few were married and had kids, but the others....

Halo wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 14:39:
Cram wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:56:
If the last guild I was in is any indication...1 out of about every 20 I would say.

How many of them have actually touched a girl?

39. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 15:13 PropheT

Shok wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 14:06:
I did cheat a little by using the Carbonite addon with its quest helper to point me where to go for alot of the quests though. I just have no patience running around trying to find some of the little clues sometimes.

There's quest indicators built into the default game now, no addon necessary.

38. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 15:08 Doma

Halo wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 12:31:
Dwarf Fortress to me is greater than a lot of RTSs out lately.

QFT!

Also, Unreal World!

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html

37. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 14:57 kimbambaman

Thanks to everyone for their input to my question, I appreciate it!

I will definitely look into grabbing a trial and checking it out.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

36. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 14:41 Krovven

The new dungeons, especially in Heroic are HARD. There are a few exceptions, ie: Lost City which is pretty easy by comparison to say Blackrock. The 3rd boss in Blackrock on Heroic will wipe most PUG groups repeatedly. And in all honesty, in-general casual players without raid experience will have a very hard time in most of the new Heroic 5-mans.  

35. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 14:39 Halo

If the last guild I was in is any indication...1 out of about every 20 I would say.

How many of them have actually touched a girl?

34. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 14:34 Krovven

Also while it saves time, having almost all the quests available in the instances for you is kind of lame, and removes the exploration factor. Even those this happened a while ago, I don't like that an account can have to factions on one server.

However...you have to discover at least the entrance to the new dungeons before you can random queue for them, so theoretically you should have been able to pick up those quests when you got there. On the flip side, maybe you discovered the entrance but had not yet completed the quest lines to unlock those instance quests...

I like how the quests pull the player through the dungeon (ie: Blackrock), and honestly would really like it if these were weekly lock quests so you can do it each week, but sadly not the case.

33. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 14:11 Beamer

Vash'jir, you change into a Naga

gesundheit

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

32. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 14:06 Shok

I'm enjoying this expansion. Even though there are still those 'kill 10 goblins' and 'collect 6 samples' type grinding quests they mix in a lot of fun quests. For example, in the underwater zone, Vash'jir, you change into a Naga for series of quests.

I did cheat a little by using the Carbonite addon with its quest helper to point me where to go for alot of the quests though. I just have no patience running around trying to find some of the little clues sometimes.

31. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 13:59 ASeven

Scary.

30. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 13:56 Cram

29. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 13:54 ASeven

Also, I think this appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkf0mluLLgw

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo