Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Batman: Arkham City Trailer

A new Batman: Arkham City trailer shows off more of the setting for Rocksteady Studios' upcoming Batman: Arkham Asylum sequel, as well as Dr. Hugo Strange, one of the many villains in the game. The clip is accompanied by a pair of new screenshots, and the embedded version follows.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 14, 2010, 17:48 Eldaron Imotholin

Jerykk wrote on Dec 14, 2010, 03:11:
I'm not sure why you assume that the game must be finished by now. Arkham Asylum was released in August 2009, which means that Arkham City has been in development for only a little more than year. It usually takes at least two years to make a good game.

Haha Jerykk can't you see Cutter was mocking me by being sarcastic?

Well, actually... I'm not that surprised if you couldn't because the mocking was rather silly and I still don't know if I should feel offended by the absurdity of it or be genuinely entertained.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 14, 2010, 03:11 Jerykk

I'm not sure why you assume that the game must be finished by now. Arkham Asylum was released in August 2009, which means that Arkham City has been in development for only a little more than year. It usually takes at least two years to make a good game.  

7. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 20:17 Cutter

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 18:53:
That "Fall 2011" hit me in the nuts so hard I'll never be a dada.

Every promising game: Fall 2011. *sigh*

Ok except for The Witcher 2.

I love the part of the film where he kicks the guy in the nuts...hard. It made me wince and grab me jumblies. But yeah, why Fall 2011? Why???? Release it NOW and another one, or big expansion in the fall instead. Will the PR people for these companies ever come to realize that you can release a good game at any time of the year and it will still sell. In fact, probably even better because it's not competing with everything else all being released then. This game must be finished by now.

And yeah, I'd love to see some feature length stuff like this.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 18:53 Eldaron Imotholin

That "Fall 2011" hit me in the nuts so hard I'll never be a dada.

Every promising game: Fall 2011. *sigh*

Ok except for The Witcher 2.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

5. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 18:48 The Half Elf

CythrawL wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 14:14:
Good all round, but that second screenshot.... Total rip off of the Preacher in the Chaos Engine..http://www.giantbomb.com/preacher/94-8767/all-images/52-301959/preacher/51-822317/

Professor Hugo Strange is a fictional character, a comic book supervillain in the DC Comics universe. He first appeared in Detective Comics #36 (February 1940) and is one of Batman's first recurring villains, preceding the Joker and Catwoman by a couple of months.

Yeah DC ripped off a guy who was around 60 years later...

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 14:14 CythrawL

Good all round, but that second screenshot.... Total rip off of the Preacher in the Chaos Engine..http://www.giantbomb.com/preacher/94-8767/all-images/52-301959/preacher/51-822317/

3. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 12:47 StingingVelvet

Techie714 wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 11:02:
Man, if the people that make these amazing trailers could just make full length movies I would probably start attending the theaters again..lol. Between the suff Blizzard puts out, this trailer, & the Deus Ex stuff I'm just blown away at the quality on ALL levels.

Pro Tip: Hey Hollywood get a clue, THIS is the stuff we want.

I'm pretty sure Hollywood is satisfied with The Dark Knight.

2. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 11:52 JoeNapalm

Batman: Arkham Asylum was a great game, visually.

A great game, in general, but they did a very good job of translating the input from the player into a movie-like effect on the screen.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

1. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 11:02 Techie714

Man, if the people that make these amazing trailers could just make full length movies I would probably start attending the theaters again..lol. Between the suff Blizzard puts out, this trailer, & the Deus Ex stuff I'm just blown away at the quality on ALL levels.

Pro Tip: Hey Hollywood get a clue, THIS is the stuff we want.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo