Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution Extended Trailer offers an expanded cinematic from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the upcoming action/RPG prequel. The clip runs a bit over five minutes, showing an Icarus-themed dream sequence, augmentations, combat, and background on the game's dystopian setting. The embedded version follows.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 14, 2010, 03:06 Jerykk

So is it going to go into one of those annoying mini cut scene events every time you wanna punch someone? I seriously hope not..

Unfortunately, that's exactly the case. There is no melee combat in the game. "Melee" consists of reaching a close enough range that the "Kill dude" prompt appears, at which point you push the appropriate button and watch a 5-10 second animation of your character killing some dudes.

Rainbow Six: Vegas did this and it was a little disorienting at first, but it was easy to get used to.

I think the lead designer on DX:HR was also the lead designer on R6:V, which is disconcerting because I hated R6:V, especially the third-person cover system that let you aim while completely behind cover.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 14, 2010, 00:46 AhrimaaN

Awekward and not fully 'realistic' cgi, but Paris: Renaissance was ok... http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/renaissance/ has Daniel Craig voicing.  

25. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 23:16 Wildone

So is it going to go into one of those annoying mini cut scene events every time you wanna punch someone? I seriously hope not..  

24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 18:17 Acleacius

Fion wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 14:52:
Developers and publishers will you PLEASE stop wasting money on cinematics? For christ sake!
Exactly, millions on these cinematics, then have to ship the game early broken, buggy and untested. Especially RPGs which need more testing then add in weakened console design and game play, then shake it all about.

Next we will hear about DLC, oh wait nm.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 17:32 DG

Excellent vid. Shame all pre-rendered, but anyway.

Skipped through the long gameplay video too. Both reminded me a bit of Mass Effect.

22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 16:39 Techie714

Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 14:07:
kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 11:58:
Is there something that is keeping Hollywood from making a film like this trailer?

Yeah. It's called the "total revenue from Final Fantasy; Spirits Within."

Which was around 42 dollars, IIRC.

Edit : Dammit, Blue beat me to it. Damn you, Blue!!!

Creston

Creston is right, Hollywood sees no money in this art.
Now if you had a GREAT story with an awesome director you might have something. But studios wont take a chance on this stuff unless you're James Cameron.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 16:31 finga

Gameplay trailer for those unwilling or unable to google for "Deus Ex Human Revolution gameplay trailer":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgXHCVQGl5s

20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 16:27 finga

TangledThorns wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:56:
Awesome trailer but from the gameplay is this 3rd or 1st person or both? Looks like it should all be 3rd person really. Especially if a lot of melee is involved.
First person. Third person for if you choose to grab cover or you do a melee takedown. Rainbow Six: Vegas did this and it was a little disorienting at first, but it was easy to get used to.

19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 16:26 finga

Wildone wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 15:36:
What was different than the other trailers, except the very end couple of shots worth about 3 seconds.
There was like a minute of new footage, much of it at the beginning with Jensen's origins, and nearly the whole thing was recut to better pace between dialogue and music.

18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 15:36 Wildone

What was different than the other trailers, except the very end couple of shots worth about 3 seconds.  

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 14:52 Fion

Developers and publishers will you PLEASE stop wasting money on cinematics? For christ sake!  

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 14:18 TangledThorns

Blue wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 12:07:
Can someone explain to me why a CG movie like this hasn't been made and released in cinemas yet? Why do studios continue to release CG movies like Despicable Me, Igor, Toy Story, UP, Tangled, Cars, Clone Wars, and so forth? Is there something that is keeping Hollywood from making a film like this trailer?

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - 2001.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/final-fantasy-the-spirits-within - 49.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/final_fantasy_the_spirits_within/ - 44.

Beowulf was a mature CGI film that did better than the FF film.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/beowulf/

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 14:07 Creston

Is there something that is keeping Hollywood from making a film like this trailer?

Yeah. It's called the "total revenue from Final Fantasy; Spirits Within."

Which was around 42 dollars, IIRC.

Edit : Dammit, Blue beat me to it. Damn you, Blue!!!

Creston

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 14:06 Creston

Awesome trailer. No gameplay, but still awesome.

If that's 2027, shouldn't the people of that city just about start building that second level, if they want to finish it in time?

Definitely excited for this.

Creston

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 13:56 TangledThorns

Awesome trailer but from the gameplay is this 3rd or 1st person or both? Looks like it should all be 3rd person really. Especially if a lot of melee is involved.  

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 13:05 Dr. D. Schreber

Overon wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 11:55:
Where is the gameplay trailer that can demonstrate that this will not be consolitis tripe? Wake me up when that shows up.

Here's twenty-five minutes of gameplay. Audio is terribly out of sync, though.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 12:48 StingingVelvet

It's an amazing trailer as said, but honestly the thing I love most about it other than the general look of the world is the music. My God what great music.  

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 12:36 Veinman

I'm hopeful for the game, and that is one amazing trailer.  

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 12:28 bhcompy

Can someone explain to me why a CG movie like this hasn't been made and released in cinemas yet? Why do studios continue to release CG movies like Despicable Me, Igor, Toy Story, UP, Tangled, Cars, Clone Wars, and so forth? Is there something that is keeping Hollywood from making a film like this trailer?

See "A Scanner Darkly". Animated(rotoscoped) and based on a Philip K Dick dystopian near-future story(which Dick is either the best at, or second best, depending on how you rate William Gibson).

edit:

The other thing you can do is playwatch MGS4.

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 12:09  Blue 

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 11:59:
Overon wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 11:55:
Where is the gameplay trailer that can demonstrate that this will not be consolitis tripe? Wake me up when that shows up.

There was a trailer not so long ago that was showing all gameplay.
How "consolitis" the gameplay will be we will know when we play it.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/116129/deus-ex-human-revolution-trailer

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo