Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

One of my favorite things about tackle football is that they do not postpone games due to the weather, they just play through whatever comes. And weather certainly shouldn't have been an issue this weekend for the Giants, as they were heading into Minnesota to play in their dome. Of course that was before the G-men's flight was diverted to Kansas City due to the snow in Minny, which postponed the game until tomorrow night. And that was before the Metrodome roof caved in due to snow, so now the game will be played in Detroit, which will actually give the Giants home field advantage, as you are not going to find any Lions fans rooting for the Vikings. When the Giants got to play the Saints on a neutral site after Katrina it seemed unfair, but in this case the Vikes are getting less sympathy from me, as this is the fifth time that roof has caved in from the snow, which seems a clear indictment of the judgment of using a fiberglass roof supported by air pressure to cover the field in one of the most inclement spots in the entire country.

Snowy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: City Siege.
Isoball 3.
Links: 6 Shocking Ways TV Rewires Your Brain.
Who Needs Acid When You Have These Animated Buildings? Thanks brother19.
Five Sci-Fi Children's Books. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: Assembling the Global Baby.
Stowaway breaches security, hides in plane wheel well, dies. Congrats TSA.
Red Sea Shark Attacks: Killing Spree Puzzles Scientists.
Media: A Real Life Size TF2 Sentry Gun.
Christmas time in Portland.
Elaborate cardboard Gundam cosplayer.
The Funnies: FoxTrot.
Follow-up: The "Real" Hamster Dance. Thanks Neatorama.

View
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2010, 21:29 Kosumo

A51Abductee wrote on Dec 12, 2010, 18:33:
GICP1610 wrote on Dec 12, 2010, 17:42:
I was just saying the same thing about football to my wife while watching the Chicago New England game, no other sport has its athletes tough it out through rain, snow, fog or any other kind of nasty weather.
Where else can you see 22 millionaires all freezing their butts off and trying to beat each others brains out at the same time?!

Hockey. Try the NHL's Winter and Heritage Classics, both outdoor games. This is the same sport where a defenseman will block a shot with his face, lose 12 teeth and simply have the roots trimmed off on the bench and return to the game.

No knock on football, it's tough in its own way.

Well, Rugby is played out doors in all weather, I'd say that the rugby players are as tough as football players, even tougher are the Rugby League players. (Rugby League is diferent to Rugby, is more like American Football) The Aussie NRL competion I'd call the hardest comp in the world.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 12, 16:04 Re: Out of the Blue Killer Kane
  2. Dec 12, 17:42 Re: Out of the Blue GICP1610
  6. Dec 12, 18:33  Re: Out of the Blue A51Abductee
  7. Dec 12, 18:54   Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  13. Dec 12, 23:45    Re: Out of the Blue xXBatmanXx
>> 8. Dec 12, 21:29   Re: Out of the Blue Kosumo
  3. Dec 12, 17:43 Re: Out of the Blue Jeraxle
  4. Dec 12, 17:48  Re: Out of the Blue eRe4s3r
  5. Dec 12, 18:15   Re: Out of the Blue  Blue 
  10. Dec 12, 21:59    Re: Out of the Blue Jeraxle