Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free TrackMania Changes

The TrackMania Forums have word on changes operation of TrackMania Nations Forever, the free version of Nadeo's racing game. They say players with free accounts are now restricted to direct access to freezone servers, which are hosted by Nadeo, explaining that change is prompted by the closure of Massive, Microsoft's in-game advertising service. There is a way around this, however, as they add that players will also be able to join other servers (such as the Blue's News TrackMania Server) through their favorites list, saying: "We are aware that the game can't be bought by many (even in some nations) This is why we keep the solution to enter a server with the favorite list function. This list will be reset and limited to three for free account. A server can simply be added through a tmtp link like this 'tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin'." Thanks peteham.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Free TrackMania Changes Dec 12, 2010, 15:05 Nighthawk

Tell that to all the people driving the T-Mobile Mazdaspeed 3 in Need for Speed World.
Or the Top Gear race (with billboards).
It might not convince me to buy them, but damn sure I notice them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Free TrackMania Changes Dec 12, 2010, 11:42  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 11, 2010, 19:36:
Of all the times I have played, I don't think I have seen the same track.....crazy how many there are.

How many are loaded to the BN server?

Seems like a million, but it's 136.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

6. Re: Free TrackMania Changes Dec 12, 2010, 10:37 Suddenly_Dead

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 12, 2010, 10:22:
YES!!!! That is absolutely brilliant news! Here's hoping that they're gone for good.

Well, we all know ingame ads don't work. Hope this starts the downfall of all of this garbage.

It was working for us here, if their closing is enough for Nadeo to begin restricting access by the free version of the game (which really was pretty much all anyone needed before).

5. Re: Free TrackMania Changes Dec 12, 2010, 10:22 xXBatmanXx

Shadowcat wrote on Dec 12, 2010, 03:05:
that change is prompted by the closure of Massive, Microsoft's in-game advertising service.
YES!!!! That is absolutely brilliant news! Here's hoping that they're gone for good.

Well, we all know ingame ads don't work. Hope this starts the downfall of all of this garbage.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: Free TrackMania Changes Dec 12, 2010, 03:05 Shadowcat

that change is prompted by the closure of Massive, Microsoft's in-game advertising service.

3. Re: Free TrackMania Changes Dec 11, 2010, 19:36 xXBatmanXx

Of all the times I have played, I don't think I have seen the same track.....crazy how many there are.

How many are loaded to the BN server?

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: Free TrackMania Changes Dec 11, 2010, 16:13 elefunk

If you're *still* playing the free version of this game all these years later, you have no clue how much amazing content you're missing and may as well purchase it by now anyway  

1. Re: Free TrackMania Changes Dec 11, 2010, 14:08 dubfanatic

Lame.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo