Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Treasure Hunt Continues

The Steam Website now offers the latest objectives in the Steam Treasure Hunt. Included are sales on Mafia II, Magic: The Gathering, and Droplitz.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Steam Treasure Hunt Continues Dec 12, 2010, 13:24 Enahs

You can keep your free 100 around almost as long as you want, but it si only games that they have in their catalog on or before 12-20-2010.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Steam Treasure Hunt Continues Dec 12, 2010, 08:12 Dev

jimnms wrote on Dec 11, 2010, 18:17:
I already had two from the first batch and one from the second batch without doing anything. I got one more from the second batch by adding a few friends, but I only got one this time around. I'm not going to go out of my way to buy a game to complete an objective, unless it's a game I want at a good price. If I won the 100 games prize, I hope that includes future games as well because I had a hard time finding 10 games to put on my wish list to qualify for that event.
You think valve will want to do that? You'd have free $60 games for life everytime something would be avail for pre-order. No, they will make you get them all at once I'm sure, because there might be a couple games you are interested in and the rest not so much. And its likely many of them are priced lower since they've been out a while. Plus you probably have to do only non-preorder games. So you'd end up with a bunch of crap and a few decent games.

7. Re: Steam Treasure Hunt Continues Dec 12, 2010, 02:14 xXBatmanXx

I dont the get "competition" part of it.....buy games to win 100 games?

So a million people have bought, or did buy all of these games to play for the competition, and 1 person gets 100 games? meh.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Steam Treasure Hunt Continues Dec 11, 2010, 18:17 jimnms

I already had two from the first batch and one from the second batch without doing anything. I got one more from the second batch by adding a few friends, but I only got one this time around. I'm not going to go out of my way to buy a game to complete an objective, unless it's a game I want at a good price. If I won the 100 games prize, I hope that includes future games as well because I had a hard time finding 10 games to put on my wish list to qualify for that event.  

Steam Profile

5. Re: Steam Treasure Hunt Continues Dec 11, 2010, 15:04 Dev

Slashman wrote on Dec 11, 2010, 12:31:
So does this mean we wont get any of the normal holiday sales that Steam had last year?

I never win anything in competitions. Sad
This is not a competition, its a drawing. You don't have to outscore everyone or anything, just meet the requirements for each treasure hunt goal you want to complete. Each one gives you more entries into drawing. Some of them are quite simple, like have someone on your friends list.

And I really doubt that steam will stop the normal holiday sale. If that was the case, they'd have stopped it after the first year if they saw it crashed and burned with no sales. Since I'm pretty sure it was a rousing success for both years in a row they've done it, they are going to keep doing it.
Notice they want you to login on 20th to have a chance at drawing? As the other post mentions, thats probably the kickoff for the holiday sales.

4. Re: Steam Treasure Hunt Continues Dec 11, 2010, 12:31 Slashman

So does this mean we wont get any of the normal holiday sales that Steam had last year?

I never win anything in competitions. Sad

3. Re: Steam Treasure Hunt Continues Dec 11, 2010, 11:08 Enahs

I am not going to buy any games for the treasure hunt.

It was a better idea for them to do it with all the demos and do more then just "play the demo". Great advertising.

I will be content with the chance to win 5 games every 2 days if I do not get the total 10. Three days into it, I am at 4, with 4 more days to go. Hopefully some of the other game specific ones are games I have.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

2. Re: Steam Treasure Hunt Continues Dec 11, 2010, 09:10 Bill Borre

Mafia 2 is well worth 34.00.  

1. Re: Steam Treasure Hunt Continues Dec 11, 2010, 05:43 Dev

That droplitz thing was annoying to get. My first 4 games were like 8,000.

Then I went to the steam forums and read up on some tips that really helped. 5th time I got 150k or so.

I'd like to get all 28 treasures, but I'm not going to pay $34 for ruse and $34 for mafia 2. I dont really care about ruse, and I'd like to get mafia 2, but not until it drops a lot lower than that. Given that its 100% linear and the DLC has a bunch of stuff that should have been in the game in the first place.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo