Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 10, 2010, 19:42 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 10:52:
Would I miss caps lock?

No. Never use it. Even when I'm doing my annoying ALL BOLD STRESSING WHEN I THINK SOMEONE IS BLATANTLY IGNORING KEY INFORMATION I'm just typing with my pinky on the shift key. Moving the left pinky onto that key doesn't slow my typing down at all - it makes me slightly adjust my fingers but I don't think I use either pinky in typing, so...

Actually, I think I only use two fingers and the thumb on each hand, with the exception of q, a and z. Hard to tell, typing consciously is awkward. Seems like even "a" depends on the letter I hit first - jumping from the w in awkward to the a seems like I just use the same finger.

Pretty much how I type. Except I use left ring finger to shift.
Must be a WASD as home-row type of thing.

The only reason I hold shift to yell instead of caps lock is because caps lock didn't use to work in HL engine games' chat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2010, 21:47 sliv

Mac's don't have a Num Lock light, so no lights on my keyboard.

As a graphic/web designer, I use the Caps Lock often in my designs and coding (since it != yelling) so yes I would miss it.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2010, 20:36 skyguy

PHJF wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 16:18:
I don't use caps lock for anything even though it is PRIME REAL ESTATE for gaming.

I just can't stand any of the three function lights on my keyboard being active. Except numblock. Numlock is ALWAYS active.

AS IT SHOULD BE.

I always go into my BIOS to set numlock off at boot so I NEVER see any of those damn green lights.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2010, 16:18 PHJF

I don't use caps lock for anything even though it is PRIME REAL ESTATE for gaming.

I just can't stand any of the three function lights on my keyboard being active. Except numblock. Numlock is ALWAYS active.

AS IT SHOULD BE.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2010, 16:15 Icewind

In games that allow for a run/walk toggle, I often put the toggle on the Caps Lock key, so yes I would miss it.

Before In-game voice was a standard I used to have to always apologize to people I gamed with because they'd sometimes catch me with the toggle on and my messages to them WOULD BE LIKE THIS.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2010, 13:53 Keebler

I WOULD TOTALLY MISS IT!

Sorry, I had to. I actually wouldn't.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2010, 12:46 Tigger

The caps-lock key: WOULD YOU MISS IT?

You bet. I write all of my SQL stuff in upper case. It would be nice if you could make it application or window specific. I've answered way too many IMs with hELLO!

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2010, 10:53 Zyrxil

I would even use the Caplock key if companies would just make it clear whether product keys are case sensitive.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2010, 10:52 Beamer

Would I miss caps lock?

No. Never use it. Even when I'm doing my annoying ALL BOLD STRESSING WHEN I THINK SOMEONE IS BLATANTLY IGNORING KEY INFORMATION I'm just typing with my pinky on the shift key. Moving the left pinky onto that key doesn't slow my typing down at all - it makes me slightly adjust my fingers but I don't think I use either pinky in typing, so...

Actually, I think I only use two fingers and the thumb on each hand, with the exception of q, a and z. Hard to tell, typing consciously is awkward. Seems like even "a" depends on the letter I hit first - jumping from the w in awkward to the a seems like I just use the same finger.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo