Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 8, 2010, 16:57 JoeNapalm

m0deth wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 16:13:
If this is all it has to offer, I'll pass, I'm no fan of the "cloud" which is nothing more than the ancient server/thin client model over IP.

Glad to hear someone else say it. There are, of course, technical and economic differences - but it's not terribly different from the old mainframe/dumb terminal arrangements from the '70s.

It has it's place, but it's not gaming. I'm looking at you, OnLive....

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 8, 2010, 16:13 m0deth

Wow, I was expecting so much more from Chrome, but then, the browser should have clued me in.

If this is all it has to offer, I'll pass, I'm no fan of the "cloud" which is nothing more than the ancient server/thin client model over IP.

Big flipping deal, now they get all the serious computing hardware, all your info, all your habits in detail, and you are left with an underpowered tablet that's useless without a connection.

And ALL THIS for the cheap price of Google bastardizing Linux for profit!! Yippee ain't this grand!!

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 8, 2010, 12:12 Enahs

Of course people are going to buy the Chrome Notebook, but I am not really sure it moves computing forward. So what everything is in "the cloud", you lose a lot of processing power having to go through a damn web browser.

Also, if they were really smart they would make it the swivel tablet ala old style tablet PCs, with a touch screen, and allow for installation of Android OS apps as well.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo