Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 8, 2010, 10:37 JoeNapalm

As Twain liked to say...lies, damn lies, and statistics.

The article cites that more people who have dedicated gaming devices also play games on their smartphones.

Not exactly a revelation.

The article goes on to say that people are playing their DS/PSP less, and some people who own a DS/PSP don't play them at all...

Which makes sense - but it doesn't mean that it's because of smartphones. Correlation /= causation.

I mean, Hell, I fall into the category of someone who owns a PSP, no longer plays games on it, and "plays games on a smartphone" (which is to say I play about 10 minutes of Sudoku in an airport now and then).

The fact that I play some crappy free game on my smartphone has absolutely nothing to do with the PSP. Heck, it probably has more to do with the fact that the luggage pocket I used to put my PSP in, I now stuff with a Kindle.

Prob & Stat, along with logic, should be a required course in High School and/or College. Too many people fall for the old "If A = B, then C!" non-sequitur trick.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 7, 23:36 Re: Evening Mobilization Cram
  2. Dec 8, 00:36 Re: Evening Mobilization WyldKat
  3. Dec 8, 08:19 Re: Evening Mobilization avianflu
>> 4. Dec 8, 10:37 Re: Evening Mobilization JoeNapalm

footer

Blue's News logo