Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evil Genius Web Game

Rebellion announces the launch of Evil Genius: WMD, a free-to-play web-based edition of the classic bad-guy game conducted through Facebook. They say:

Based on the critically acclaimed and much loved PC title Evil Genius, the game challenges Facebook users to create their own evil empires, undertake dastardly missions and recruit friends into their evil syndicates.

Jason Kingsley, CEO, said “This is an exciting project for us. The team has done a great job and we’re thrilled at the amount of attention EG:WMD is already getting. We’re looking forward to expanding the game with big new features and additional content over the coming months.”

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 8, 2010, 04:52 Warskull

So they are making Farmville dressed up as Evil Genius. How about just making some good games for Rebellion. The last decent game they made was AvP (the original 2000 release.)  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 18:16 Rilcon

Pray to god Reb doesn't make a sequel. Better nothing at all than something that'll rape the memory of a good game.  

11. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 17:12 Dev

Cabezone wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 15:58:
I looked around and it seems it's a farm-ville clone(whatever that is) with the Evil Genius theme.

"Basic items can be paid for in cash, but the top Evil Geniuses buy the best stuff using Evil Tokens! You are awarded one Evil Token every time you level up, but you can buy extra to give yourself the edge..."

From the main screen. Basically using the same theme to make a facebook game designed to suck money out of you. Its NOT the same game.
I wish them luck, I doubt I'm ever going to pay any money, though I may waste some time on the facebook app.
I'd love for them to make a sequel if they get enough money to do so, but I doubt they ever will actually do it.

If 3dr had gone this route with some casual and facebook games maybe they would still be around. Then again, we probably STILL would not have any duke if that was the case.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2010, 19:44.

10. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 17:08 Kxmode

elefunk wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 16:29:
kxmode wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 15:48:
Facebook is slowing becoming its own gaming platform.
Slowly? Becoming?

touché

9. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 16:29 elefunk

kxmode wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 15:48:
Slowly? Becoming?

8. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 15:58 TurdFergasun

hmmm hopefully they use that marketing machine as it was designed for and drum up enough support for an actual new version of this fine game.  

7. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 15:58 Cabezone

I looked around and it seems it's a farm-ville clone(whatever that is) with the Evil Genius theme.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

6. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 15:48 Kxmode

5. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 15:41 Dev

Ant wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 15:21:
Oh wow, I remember this game. Is Facebook's exacrtly the same as PC/Windows'?
Yeah thats what I want to know. Since I'm about to buy it on the steam sale.

4. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 15:21 Ant

Oh wow, I remember this game. Is Facebook's exacrtly the same as PC/Windows'?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

3. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 13:54 Mark

Most of the appeal for me in the original game was setting up the traps. When a bad guy stepped on a floor panel which triggered some fan which blew them into a gas chamber... it was quite satisfying! Even better was when they'd think they've outsmarted your trap by jumping out of the way at the last moment. But then they'd land on a backup trap you've set up...

I used to have a third layer of traps set up, incase they managed to get past the first two.

I don't think there's any of the trap stuff in the web-based version of the game, but I've only played for about 15 minutes.

2. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 13:22 Hyatus

That game is pretty fun. It needs a supervillain version sequel.  

1. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 12:40 Mark

Really weird to see this today, I thought this game was pretty much forgotten. I loved it when it came out, and I was planning to buy it since it's on sale on Steam right now.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo