Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears

A Fallout tweet announces work is complete on an upcoming patch for Fallout: New Vegas, Obsidian's action/RPG sequel. Word is: "Weve wrapped up work on the Fallout: New Vegas patch and submitted it. Well let you know when its up on PS3, 360, and Steam."

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 8, 2010, 09:15 Eldaron Imotholin

Good to hear! Yer welcome!  

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 8, 2010, 06:36 InBlack

The console command works, thanks again!  

I have a nifty blue line!

32. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 11:15 Creston

InBlack wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 05:01:
My dog dissapeared on me.....

Now this wouldnt be so bad, but.....Im in the Fort, on my way to see Ceasar and the stupid guard wont let me in unless Im "alone". Do you see my plight? The game thinks my companion is still with me, but in actuality my cyber-doggy is.....in virtual limbo....

The worst part is I cant leave the fort until Ive seen Ceasar so Im stuck....

Terrible game breaking bug

Yeah, that's been reported as an existing game-breaking issue. I figure the patch will probably take care of that.

Alternatively, you can probably use the console to spawn the dog again and thus get him to "stay", and move on past Caesar.

It's been widely advised to leave your companions behind before you go to the Legion's camp...

Creston

31. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 10:38 InBlack

Thanks guys will try that, returning to Freeside is out of the question as I cant leave the Fort without speaking to Ceasar and I cant speak to Ceasar without first asking my companions to wait outside....:)  

30. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 10:36 Undocumented Alien

I need a strong story to believe the illusion I'm not wasting my life xD

Ditto.

29. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 10:36 Eldaron Imotholin

InBlack wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 10:16:
Hmm ive tried to google it but cant seem to find it? Any help Eldaron? Do you know the command?

moveto player <0010d8df>

That command should work.

Edit: Oh thanks Ecthelion. I don't know which works, InBlack. Maybe both? Anyway, hope it helped ya.

28. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 10:31 Ecthelion

InBlack wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 10:16:
Hmm ive tried to google it but cant seem to find it? Any help Eldaron? Do you know the command?
I had to use the same command once for a quest when an NPC disappeared on me. According to the page on Rex, you can wait 3 days and he'll return to Freeside (I guess in the King's room).

If you want to try the move command, here it is. Make sure you do them both, in order.

prid 0010d8df
moveto player

27. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 10:16 InBlack

26. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 10:08 Eldaron Imotholin

Beamer wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 09:13:
I don't really understand your logic. Side-quests are optional. You don't have to do them. If you want a shorter experience, skip the side-quests and focus on the main quests. What you're basically saying is that you want the game to have less content so that you don't have to play it as much?

In Oblivion I got so tired of the game after a billion side-quests that I never finished the main quest. But I don't knock the game for that - I got way more than my $50 worth playing those side quests alone. 80 hours or so.

Fallout 3 was close to it - I noticed I was getting tired of plowing through every empty building just to see what there was to see - so I plowed through the main mission instead.

Let's be honest here, the main missions of these games are like 8 hours. When you start getting fatigued just move to them and get through. Or don't. The main missions aren't usually any more fun than the better side missions, or than just doing your own thing. They just have cut scenes and plot, often ones that don't matter much.

Sooo are you saying that's good or bad? I personally don't know if your critisizing or complementing the game.

I myself would've loved to see LESS side-quests and MORE main-quests. That's because I'm a person that quickly gets the "What the fuck am I doing, running around in a virtual world all alone?" feeling when I'm doing mindless sidequests in games like Oblivion or Fallout. I need a strong story to believe the illusion I'm not wasting my life xD

25. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 10:04 Eldaron Imotholin

InBlack wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 05:01:

Now this wouldnt be so bad, but.....Im in the Fort, on my way to see Ceasar and the stupid guard wont let me in unless Im "alone". Do you see my plight? The game thinks my companion is still with me, but in actuality my cyber-doggy is.....in virtual limbo....

There's a console command where you can summon your doggie right to your feet. All you need is it's ID.

I hope you're playing on PC, else it's all your fault anyway

24. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 09:13 Beamer

I don't really understand your logic. Side-quests are optional. You don't have to do them. If you want a shorter experience, skip the side-quests and focus on the main quests. What you're basically saying is that you want the game to have less content so that you don't have to play it as much?

In Oblivion I got so tired of the game after a billion side-quests that I never finished the main quest. But I don't knock the game for that - I got way more than my $50 worth playing those side quests alone. 80 hours or so.

Fallout 3 was close to it - I noticed I was getting tired of plowing through every empty building just to see what there was to see - so I plowed through the main mission instead.

Let's be honest here, the main missions of these games are like 8 hours. When you start getting fatigued just move to them and get through. Or don't. The main missions aren't usually any more fun than the better side missions, or than just doing your own thing. They just have cut scenes and plot, often ones that don't matter much.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 05:01 InBlack

22. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 7, 2010, 00:55 Dev

DG wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 16:49:
Nice, I should be playing this in a couple of weeks

BTW does the game run fine on a 4850?
Did FO3 run fine on that card? Did oblivion? Because its the EXACT same engine, still running on dx9.

21. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 6, 2010, 23:17 Jerykk

I would rather have a shorter game, than a buggy one. I spent SO MUCH time on side quests (finishing 90% of all non-vegas quests), that when it came to finishing the main, i was so sick and tired of the whole thing, and was wishing it would end, even though i had lotsa fun getting there.

Bunch a hogwash. I didn't exactly take my time and finished 85% of the locations at ~30 hours. The game isn't THAT big.

Chicanery, no doubt. Surely you underestimate the the sheer amount of quests in the game. To suggest that you were able to complete the vast majority of them within 30 hours is nothing but scandalous drivel.

20. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 6, 2010, 19:35 PoopieMoopie

I would rather have a shorter game, than a buggy one. I spent SO MUCH time on side quests (finishing 90% of all non-vegas quests), that when it came to finishing the main, i was so sick and tired of the whole thing, and was wishing it would end, even though i had lotsa fun getting there. I simply can't imagine playing on the console without cheat commands. I used Setgs_fmoverunmult (walk speed) and movetoqt (move to quest location) constantly.  

19. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 6, 2010, 18:37 J

The sooner it is patched to the point of being 'smoothly playable; a delight' the sooner they can have my money. The longer it takes - the less they'll get. I'm still having fun with Risen, so no rush.  

18. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 6, 2010, 18:35 PHJF

Only 44 hours? You missed out on a lot of content. I'm over 100 hours and really only getting started on the main quest.

Bunch a hogwash. I didn't exactly take my time and finished 85% of the locations at ~30 hours. The game isn't THAT big.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 6, 2010, 17:50 Creston

Nice, I should be playing this in a couple of weeks

BTW does the game run fine on a 4850? Debating grabbing a 5870 on sale but it's still quite a big chunk of change and probably will be CPU-starved since I've only got a E8400 (3ghz Core2Duo).

Next big upgrade probably not for best part of a year though I'll only be gaming much from mid December to May or so. Er OK I'm rambling now...

After the DirectX fix, it runs like smooth butter on my 5850 at 1650x1080. Do with that info what you will.

Creston

16. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 6, 2010, 17:09 AravanL

BTW does the game run fine on a 4850? Debating grabbing a 5870 on sale but it's still quite a big chunk of change and probably will be CPU-starved since I've only got a E8400 (3ghz Core2Duo).

I was playing on x-fire 5770's which is pretty much equivalent to a 5870. Had my settings maxed at 1920x1200. I was getting 50 to 60 fps average. A 4850 isn't quite as powerful as a single 5770 from what I remember, so I would guess you would be lucky to get half of my frames at that resolution.

I'm guessing if you tried to play at 1920, you would probably be in the neighborhood of 25 fps. You're probably going to have to drop the resolution and quality settings some to get it to play hitch free on a 4850.

15. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Nears Dec 6, 2010, 16:57 AravanL

jimnms wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 16:42:
AravanL wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 15:16:
I finished up with the game right at 44 hours of play time.

Only 44 hours? You missed out on a lot of content. I'm over 100 hours and really only getting started on the main quest.

Once I hit max level and did most of the main faction quests, I honestly started getting bored of the exploration. By that time, I had jumped around to most of the main locations on the map and getting around seems to be more fast travel and not as much exploration. Sure....I could have walked everywhere, but I don't like slamming my head into a wall repeatedly either.

I just find the leveling/skill upping/weapon upgrading part of rpg's to be more entertaining than exploration. Once I was done with most of the upgrading, I just finished it out. I did play through each of the faction lines to see the different endings though, except for Caeser's Legion. Those bastards are just too evil for me to be able to immerse myself into their storyline.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo