Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2010, 06:22 InBlack

I rarely agree with you on most things Beamer, but this was well said.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 17:13 Beamer

I feel the same way DangerDog. I work in PC support so I'm not some technophobe or anything. I just know I don't want my information to come up on a google search in 5, 10, or 20 years from now.

Which is why I don't put any real information up and lock it all down.

I couldn't care less who knows what I have up there because nothing I put up is anything I'm ashamed of. In fact, I tend to use it solely for the things I'm proud of. And to screw around with friends.

It isn't like Facebook is some big, evil soul-sucking beast that finds your deepest, darkest secrets and sells them to the highest bidder, as many make it out to be. It's a for-profit corporation that only knows what you tell it. So, unless you think you're a moron that can't be trusted, as many people are, it's really easy to use for your own benefit rather than getting screwed like so many morons.

Don't want something public? Don't put it on Facebook. It's that simple.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 16:02 LittleMe

WyldKat wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 12:06:
I really really really really really really really really hate Comcast.

Good. Now go to your city/county government, with whom Comcast has partnered, and make that sentiment known and organize with others who feel as you.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 14:06 Shok

I feel the same way DangerDog. I work in PC support so I'm not some technophobe or anything. I just know I don't want my information to come up on a google search in 5, 10, or 20 years from now.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 13:54 m0deth

Agreed, then again, let those who think changing an avatar will do some good, stay on FriendFace˜ , MyTwit˜ , or whatever vacuous social platform that exists solely to sell your info like a cheap whore.

The rest of us are happy they aren't where we are.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 13:44 DangerDog

Why are people driven to facebook like moths to a flame? All that private information about yourself is being harvested by corporations, government, your place of work, criminals.

Every time I read a story about some idiot getting fired for something they posted to facebook warms my heart.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 12:06 WyldKat

Comcast's DNS servers went down like a $2 whore. Switching them to Googles or OpenDNS fixed the issue, of course no one without another source of Internet could find that out because Comcasts support phone number was conveniently down too. Seriously?

I really really really really really really really really hate Comcast.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 11:57 zirik

Cartoonify yourself on Facebook - raise awareness of child abuse? Pedobear? Man!

didnt realize blue visits 4chan.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo