Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Developer Blog has a look at crew skills in BioWare's upcoming Star Wars MMORPG written by systems designer Patrick Malott. The main topics here are crafting and companions, including how the attitude of your companions impacts their willingness to craft items, and how crafting will continue while you are offline. There are also details on Armstech, the crafting skill that allows the creation of premium blasters. Additionally, there is a new news blurb explaining that the Jedi Wizard advanced class is now known as the Jedi Sage, offering a bit of distinction between the game's sci-fi theme and the fantasy themes associated with wizardry.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 4, 2010, 02:19 Scottish Martial Arts

ockky wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 17:08:
what's the definition of 'Synonym' again?

Synonym refers to words with the same, or extremely close, meaning. In other words, mage and wizard both mean the same thing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates Dec 3, 2010, 23:42 WyldKat

GTAIV didn't sell loads because of the thrill of taking care of cousin or other bro-mances, though.  

25. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates Dec 3, 2010, 21:05 TurdFergasun

well gtaIV sold like heroine, and unfortunately thats their main, and only reason to make this game. otherwise we'd have another, better edition of kotor and not some mmorpg crap tryin to make hay while the sun is still shining on mmorpg bandwagon.

i'm sure this one will be good tho, SW-galaxies was a fantastic game full of effort. and really anyone who's touched the star wars IP in the last decade has only had good intentions and results right?

24. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates Dec 3, 2010, 19:13 WyldKat

"The main topics here are crafting and companions, including how the attitude of your companions impacts their willingness to craft items."

....so we'll have to babysit our NPC "companions" in order to craft shit?

LOL...

As if the horrid and boring looking "stand in one place" combat system and on rails space "flight" didn't turn me away from this game this surely has.

I've babysat NPCs enough in GTAIV, thank you.

23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates Dec 3, 2010, 18:44 Eldaron Imotholin

He made a point, though. I can't say I agreed with JoeNapalm's "Star WoW" thing simply because they use the word "wizard". Also... that whole synonyms citation doesn't mean much either because if you think about it... a wizard and a mage are 2 different classes in Forgotten Realms IP. So, in this way, he also had a point saying WoW doesn't have a wizard class.

Just had to chime in clearing that out.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

22. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 18:05 CJ_Parker

HAHA JoeNapalm pwned that ockky guy like the little Vietnamese village idiot that he is

21. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 17:47 fatguy

Why didn't they just use the name from kotor? Wasn't it Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular or something like that?

Heh I accidentally hit report instead of reply the first time, oopsy.

20. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 17:46 Kxmode

ockky wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 17:08:

It's what you put in your eggnog. Mmmmm.... synonym... Drool

19. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 17:41 Grounded

ockky wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:34:

Clearly you've not played WoW, otherwise you'd know that there is no 'wizard' class,

Wrong, it is a mage

18. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 17:08 ockky

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 17:00:
ockky wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:54:

mage != wizard != sorcerer != warlock != elephants

mage
- 1 of 1 thesaurus result
Main Entry: conjuror
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: magician
Synonyms: enchanter, juggler, mage, sear, shaman, sorcerer, warlock, witch, wizard

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates Dec 3, 2010, 17:03 UttiniDaKilrJawa

space captain wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 17:01:
juggler?

Also known as TSA Bag Checker

16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates Dec 3, 2010, 17:01 space captain

juggler?  
Go forth, and kill!

15. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 17:00 JoeNapalm

ockky wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:54:

mage
- 1 of 1 thesaurus result
Main Entry: conjuror
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: magician
Synonyms: enchanter, juggler, mage, sear, shaman, sorcerer, warlock, witch, wizard

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

14. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:58 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Jedi Sage..DAMMMIT!!

I was holding out for Jedi Nutmeg...or at the very least Jedi Rosemary.

Sigh.

13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates Dec 3, 2010, 16:58 space captain

yeh get over it jeez  
Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:54 ockky

lol i didn't read your book of a post so i did miss the quote and thanks for pointing out the sarcasm...i totally would have missed that

and

and they used a word that was used from THE movie...why do you care about this so much?! its' a friggin word, get over it. by your logic, they shouldn't use the term 'knight' when describing jedi

11. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:48 space captain

ockky wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:37:
nice to see you could add some value to the thread...tip of the hat to you

just trying to keep up with your contributions.. its impossible i know but i gotta try

Go forth, and kill!

10. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:46 Cram

Clearly you've not played WoW, otherwise you'd know that there is no 'wizard' class,

oh wow.

9. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:41 JoeNapalm

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:25:

The whole point of my original statement is - if they're calling this class a "Wizard" in-house, then that alone tells you quite a lot as to where their though process is...which is, clearly, Fighter/Rogue/Wizard/Priest.

I, for one, am not interested in "Star WoW".

also, if you want to use quotes on me, how about you use the quote that goes something along the lines of describing 'ol ben' as a 'crazy old wizard' ...

finally, this is clearly the nerdiest fucking thread i've ever decided to pipe-in on lol

A) "Clearly" you didn't read my whole post, as I DID use that quote. Well played. (And yeah, that is sarcasm.)

B) WoW has no wizard class? WTF do you call a MAGE?! Forgive me if English is not your first language, or if you have some other reason for not understanding that they are the same bloody thing! Do you not grasp what I am saying here? It would be easier if you read whole posts, rather than forming an opinion halfway through, but my whole point is that they're using standard fantasy RPG archetypes as established by bloody CHAINMAIL, before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye.

*Sigh*

What was I saying? Something about decorum? Anyway...

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

8. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:37 ockky

space captain wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:24:
its awesome reading threads about whiny children crying about someone stepping on their precious wittle bwanky

if you have a problem with the threads, just dont read them and move the fuck on jeez

nice to see you could add some value to the thread...tip of the hat to you

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo