Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule

GameTrailers.com has the Back To The Future Video Game Trailer that debuted GameTrailers TV, which features Marty, Doc, the DeLorean, and, of course, Huey Lewis and the News. The clip concludes with an outline of titles for the five episodes in Telltale's next series, along with a release schedule for the first four of them: "It's About Time" in December, "Get Tannen" in February, "Citizen Brown" in March, "Double Visions" in April, and "Outatime," which doesn't have a date, but is rather listed as "Finale."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 21:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Darks wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 11:43:
I was excited up until I read 5 episodes. Great, another Half life wait one per episode to be released. This has milking the franchise written all over it.
Yeah except they haven't finished half life yet. I figure they might get around to doing that somewhere around 2020.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 20:20 Sepharo

baltar wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 15:11:
Fion: FYI it's been confirmed that Christopher Loyd signed on with Telltale to reprise his role. That in itself is very cool.

Biff too actually.

Marty is just an amazing impersonator who they had a video article up about.

17. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 20:16 Orogogus

Blue wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 12:46:
Darks wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 12:29:
Whether Iím familiar with them or not is beside the point, the fact is they are developing a game that is episodic content. If the game does not do well you can kiss those other episodes goodbye, they will never see the light of day. Plus as I said, this is a way for them it milk you dry on releasing the game in slices rather than giving you the full content. Valve has ruined half life over this. Itís like they have now forgotten about Half life because Left for Dead is their prime money maker.

The comments that followed your original statement are on the money, you don't seem to get that Telltale has an impeccable track record. If you insist on suspecting they will screw the pooch on this the way Valve has done so royally with the Half-Life 2 episodes, then feel free, but there is no reason to. Here is the history of Telltale's episodic games, which all received complete releases and kept to their promised schedules:

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - 5 episodes
Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space - 5 episodes
Sam & Max: Save the World - 6 episodes
Tales of Monkey Island - 5 episodes
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - 4 episodes
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People - 5 episodes

To be fair and complete:

Bone -- 2 episodes and then died, 22% of the way through the story.

On the other hand, these were also two of the dullest adventure games I've ever played (and I loved the comic), so it's no big loss.

16. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 19:18 WyldKat

Really interested in playing this but I think I'll wait until they've released all the episodes in a pack after the free episode they promised me.  

15. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 15:50 StingingVelvet

Fion wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 13:07:
I cant say I've played a lot of the Telltale Games.. games but the ones I have were very well done and enjoyable. Easily my favorite classic animated adventure game was the first Sam & Max (followed quickly by Day of the Tentacle of course) so I bought the first Sam & Max episodes and they were fantastic, nearly as good as the lofty original.

If you thought that of the first season you should really play 2 and 3, as it got much better each time. I would almost... ALMOST... put parts of season 3 up there with Hit the Road.

Almost.

14. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 15:11 baltar

Fion: FYI it's been confirmed that Christopher Loyd signed on with Telltale to reprise his role. That in itself is very cool.  

13. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 14:17 DangerDog

I want to see where they go with this, I hope it's not a "wild west" scenario, but if they take off from the ending of BTTF 3 didn't Doc say he wasn't going to the future.

I want my Hover Board damnit!

12. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 13:07 Fion

I cant say I've played a lot of the Telltale Games.. games but the ones I have were very well done and enjoyable. Easily my favorite classic animated adventure game was the first Sam & Max (followed quickly by Day of the Tentacle of course) so I bought the first Sam & Max episodes and they were fantastic, nearly as good as the lofty original.

I have to put the others on my list to play during a rainy day. And I cant 'wait' for this series. I like the fact that it is set after the movies and not just a re-creation of them especially. The voice work seems great to. They hired people who can quite accurately mimick the originals actors voices from back in the 80s.

11. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 12:49 peonjohn

Games like this are all about the characters. I never cared much for Sam and Max, just aren't likeable or funny to me, but I could see myself getting behind Marty McFly and Doc.  

10. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 12:46  Blue 

Darks wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 12:29:
Whether Iím familiar with them or not is beside the point, the fact is they are developing a game that is episodic content. If the game does not do well you can kiss those other episodes goodbye, they will never see the light of day. Plus as I said, this is a way for them it milk you dry on releasing the game in slices rather than giving you the full content. Valve has ruined half life over this. Itís like they have now forgotten about Half life because Left for Dead is their prime money maker.

The comments that followed your original statement are on the money, you don't seem to get that Telltale has an impeccable track record. If you insist on suspecting they will screw the pooch on this the way Valve has done so royally with the Half-Life 2 episodes, then feel free, but there is no reason to. Here is the history of Telltale's episodic games, which all received complete releases and kept to their promised schedules:

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - 5 episodes
Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space - 5 episodes
Sam & Max: Save the World - 6 episodes
Tales of Monkey Island - 5 episodes
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - 4 episodes
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People - 5 episodes

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

9. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 12:37 stingray

That trailer was neither particularly convincing nor exciting.

I won't get my hopes up.

8. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 12:36 Dr. D. Schreber

Five titles for five bucks each, the first one is free if you "order" it before release.

Greedier than Activision, these bastards.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

7. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 12:34 baltar

Telltale isn't milking, their games are designed to be episodic by nature with cliffhangers.

I remember when I purchased the season pack for tales of monkey island, they were trying to get ideas together for episode 4, and this was about a month before they release episode 1. Judging from this, I would think they already got at least the first 2-3 episodes already made and in testing, which is why they are solid on dates for those, and not so solid on the finale.

They release on a monthly basis and the entire season (all 5 episodes) cost 25 bucks and it totals a full adventure game that bobby kotick would slap a $60 price tag on if he owned telltale.

I already preordered, I was more pleased with TOMI than the rest of their lineup, Telltale has really made a reputation for themselves.

6. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 12:29 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 11:59 nin

I was excited up until I read 5 episodes. Great, another Half life wait one per episode to be released. This has milking the franchise written all over it.

Apparently you're not familiar with how TellTale works then.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 11:58 StingingVelvet

Darks wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 11:43:

You should probably read up on Telltale before bashing them for something they never do. Their episodes are always released quickly one after another.

3. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 11:50 Ecthelion

Telltale actually manages to release their episodes in a timely manner. Their stories are somewhat connected, but not completely.

I'm looking forward to this, especially since one of them apparently revolves around Biff.

2. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 11:43 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 10:57 nin

Lookin forward to it!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo