Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

If Chanukah was really supposed to start at sundown yesterday, then I guess it's not yet underway, since the sun never came out all day due to the rain. The real problem with the weather was the wind, though, which reached 60 MPH at times, to the extent that flights were delayed by hours, but even more dramatically, causing the closure of the Statue of Liberty, which is the first time I've ever heard of a statue being closed due to weather.

Windy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Storm Ops.
Crusade 2.
Last Flower Defense.
Links: The 11 Most Racist Video Games.
Spacelog: space exploration stories from the original transcripts. Thanks Neatorama.
Quiz- Are You a Tron Wizard?
Story: Ailene Brown & Shmeco Thomas Try To Steal $2,600 Of Clothes In Their Body Fat.
Science: Miscarriage 'raises heart risk'.
Has NASA Made Breakthrough In Search For Extraterrestrial Life?
Ball lightning 'may explain UFOs'.
Star Wars Set Photo of Greedo... in high heels. Thanks dakslf.
Crosswalk signal flips bird.
Media: Aperture Science in Typography.
Cool Milk Trick.
The Funnies: UserFriendly.
Brevity.
Follow-ups: Experts call for routine HIV testing in high risk areas.
Band Members Face Charges After Blocking Freeway For Publicity Stunt. Thanks Boing Boing.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2010, 17:46 xXBatmanXx

InBlack wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 04:48:
osage no onna wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 14:41:
Ratty wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 13:26:
I guess I was wrong. Turns out it's not water. It's arsenic.

Very interesting, although I'll wait to read the paper when they publish one before getting excited.

Also, woah, that lady is very pleased with herself. Me me me me me! Almost making the press conference unwatchable. Puke

I have a friend, no wait make that aquaintance exactly like that. Total EGO trip. Unbeliavable. Its a disease, you have to remember that they cant help themselves. Maybe with medication and psychotherapy.

No one can stand the guy, but he thinks he is "the chosen one". I for one think that its probably self-esteem issues. People with very low self-esteem either become very depressed and/or suicidal or they overcompensate with the ego-maniac act...

Its called narcissistic personality disorder. Most presidents have it to the point of it being a psychological or mental health problem.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2010, 04:48 InBlack

osage no onna wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 14:41:

Very interesting, although I'll wait to read the paper when they publish one before getting excited.

Also, woah, that lady is very pleased with herself. Me me me me me! Almost making the press conference unwatchable. Puke

I have a friend, no wait make that aquaintance exactly like that. Total EGO trip. Unbeliavable. Its a disease, you have to remember that they cant help themselves. Maybe with medication and psychotherapy.

No one can stand the guy, but he thinks he is "the chosen one". I for one think that its probably self-esteem issues. People with very low self-esteem either become very depressed and/or suicidal or they overcompensate with the ego-maniac act...

I have a nifty blue line!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 20:41 xXBatmanXx

kxmode wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 11:04:
Why is the emphasis placed on the 'H' when pronouncing Chanukah? It's kind of like how Stewie places an emphasis on the 'H' in Wil Wheaton.

Or Cool wHip.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 16:40 Cutter

Woooweee! Made me an apple crisp so good it makes you wanna slap your mama!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 14:41 osage no onna

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 13:52 Kxmode

Hoop wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 13:38:
"I'll never watch Star Wars again without thinking that Greedo is wearing high heels."

Dude whats more distracting the high heels or the MONSTER CAMELTOE ACTION!
Great Bajeebers it looks like the sarlacc pit location.

Meg plays Sarlacc in It's a trap!. What's funnier: Rush Limbaugh plays the Rancor.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 13:38 Hoop

"I'll never watch Star Wars again without thinking that Greedo is wearing high heels."

Dude whats more distracting the high heels or the MONSTER CAMELTOE ACTION!
Great Bajeebers it looks like the sarlacc pit location.

Um .. Behind you...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 13:26 Ratty

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 11:59 Kxmode

Jim wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 11:47:
Ratty wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 11:39:
Personally I think it has something to do with that Japanese probe that came back from that comet a while ago
Nah, it's probably just about water somewhere. It always comes down to water.

"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA"
"ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE"

Have you read 2061? It explains why there was to be no landings on Europa.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 11:47 Jim

Ratty wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 11:39:
Personally I think it has something to do with that Japanese probe that came back from that comet a while ago

"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA"
"ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE"

Jim

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 11:39 Ratty

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 11:04 Kxmode

Why is the emphasis placed on the 'H' when pronouncing Chanukah? It's kind of like how Stewie places an emphasis on the 'H' in Wil Wheaton.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2010, 10:46 InBlack

Kind of late with that NASA story Blue

Whatever it ends up being though, at 2PM today (Cape Canaveral time I suppose?) we will find out though. Personally I think it has something to do with that Japanese probe that came back from that comet a while ago....Although now that I think about NASA had very little to do with that mission didnt it....

I have a nifty blue line!

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo