Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website

A Sarif Industries Website is online, as a viral dealie to promote Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Given the nature of the Deus Ex series of action/RPGs and the presentation of the Flashy site, it seems safe to presume there are some clues about the game hidden within. Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 2, 2010, 10:04 JoeNapalm

Sometimes I get the feeling that all decent IPs are being hunted to extinction.

(Or, maybe, they're already dead and are now being exhumed and violated.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 2, 2010, 08:54 jason

I have a feeling this will be just about as good as Daikatana.  

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 2, 2010, 00:00 TurdFergasun

Jerykk wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 23:29:

If a game has high marketing values and sufficient production, console gamers will buy it.

edited for truth

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 23:55 TurdFergasun

wow ppl here complain so much! why can't you just eat the feces and pretend it's the wonderful kibble us sheep are supposed to love? comeon now these company's went to the trouble to manipulate the market and demographics so that we'd be stupid enough by now to embrace these half assed effortless games rubber stamped with IP's we'd recognize. why can't you people respect that? shame on you all!  

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 23:29 Jerykk

Also with the pile of total shit that the last Deus Ex game was they will need more than words to convince people. Like a demo, of which is VERY unlikely.

Unfortunately, that's not true at all. The vast majority of people who buy DX3 will have never played and probably never even heard of DX1 and 2. That's what happened with CoD4, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Bioshock and pretty much any console game with PC predecessors.

If a game has high production values and sufficient marketing, console gamers will buy it.

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 22:36 tuddies

Just a veteran gamer with skepticism. If you can stay in first person the whole time and the graphics and gameplay aren't being held back by console limitations, then I will eat my hat and be very happy doing so.

Until then...

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 20:45 mag

Grounded wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 20:38:
Why is this not exciting me? I used to Love Deus Ex but I am not hyper about this game at all

Maybe you saw the 'gameplay' videos that were 90% third-person press-A-to-win melee kills.

7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 20:42 necrosis

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 19:43:
Wow, mega-negativity here. From everything we've seen, this game is embracing multiple paths, free-roaming environments, a detailed, grid-based inventory system with modifiable items, a fair amount of aug upgrades, vent-crawling, crate-stacking (and you can see through the crate when you pick it up), and so on, plus every third sentence out of their mouth is about how they're trying to be like the original Deus Ex. Pretty much the only substantial changes to the formula appear to be much improved graphics (I suppose I can live with that), 3rd person elements (worse than genocide), and a button you can hit to knock someone out instead of thwaking them with a baton. If sticking this close to the classic PC game is console bullshit then I wish ever game was full of console bullshit.
When you have played PC games as long as I have... actually one has to only have played PC games for the last 10 years which is not a long time to realize that games now a days, if they have a console version coming out, will be a consolized pile of crap no matter what the publisher/developer says.

At the very least one has to be severely skeptical on what anyone says. About the only time you can take their word for it is if it only has a PC release. Which is rare as a snowball in hell.

Also with the pile of total shit that the last Deus Ex game was they will need more than words to convince people. Like a demo, of which is VERY unlikely.

6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 20:38 Grounded

Why is this not exciting me? I used to Love Deus Ex but I am not hyper about this game at all  

5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 20:22 Sepharo

Icewind wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 19:50:
When you've spent 28 years playing computer games, you gain the ability to see through all the corporate bullshit and can smell a garbage game a mile away.

It must not have hit me yet. Should I hold my breath?

4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 19:50 Icewind

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 19:43:
Wow, mega-negativity here. From everything we've seen, this game is embracing multiple paths, free-roaming environments, a detailed, grid-based inventory system with modifiable items, a fair amount of aug upgrades, vent-crawling, crate-stacking (and you can see through the crate when you pick it up), and so on, plus every third sentence out of their mouth is about how they're trying to be like the original Deus Ex. Pretty much the only substantial changes to the formula appear to be much improved graphics (I suppose I can live with that), 3rd person elements (worse than genocide), and a button you can hit to knock someone out instead of thwaking them with a baton. If sticking this close to the classic PC game is console bullshit then I wish ever game was full of console bullshit.

When you've spent 28 years playing computer games, you gain the ability to see through all the corporate bullshit and can smell a garbage game a mile away.

3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 19:43 TychoCelchuuu

2. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 19:36 Lord Tea

three words:

optimized for consoles

(you have been warned...)

UPSA = United Police States of America

1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 19:36 tuddies

Deus Ex: Console Revolution! The dumbing down of a classic RPG  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >