Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack

The Battlefield Blog announces the availability of VIP Map Pack #7 for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, adding the maps Harvest Day, Heavy Metal, and Cold War to the military shooter sequel. There are posts to the forums suggesting some folks have not been able to get the pack yet, so your mileage may vary. There are also posts from players complaining of being temporarily banned even after updating Punkbuster, so it's possible there's a problem with that. The comments stopped updating hours ago, so it's not clear where this all currently stands.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Dec 2, 2010, 08:59 eRe4s3r

It would be nice if PB would finally manage to detect the aimbotters - even with this patch no change in the detection of them, admin screenshot function is still broken and returns black screens. PB is a fracking mess, and it does not even work for what its supposed to be used for.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Dec 1, 2010, 17:34 GarrettTX1

Just FYI - seems the all clear alarm has sounded again:

EvenBalance Update:
Wednesday 12.01.2010 [11:30AM]

We have confirmed that some of the kicks for violation numbers 132110, 132352, and 132322 made during the past few hours were caused by something other than the presence of a cheat. We encourage server admins to give players the benefit of the doubt and not ban players for these violations.
PBBans (Everson) update:
#EvenBalance have requested PB Hack Violations #132110, #132322 and #132352 to be removed from ban lists. These have now been lifted @PBBans

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Dec 1, 2010, 17:30 McJammiepants

It's probable that had they released this six months ago, I might have given a shit.  

4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Dec 1, 2010, 17:19 TurdFergasun

they are to video games what tsa gropings are to air flight, and just as effective.  

3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Dec 1, 2010, 14:45 Rattlehead

Punkbuster is fucking shit and the staff at evenbalance are incompetent morons. I STILL keep getting kicked for no reason with this god damn error message.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/961750.page

This issue is not limited to BC2, but to all PB enabled games. Go fuck yourself Evenbalance.

2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Dec 1, 2010, 14:44 entr0py

If this does inspire you to play the game again, go to the punk buster site and update your client first. According to the comments on the battlefield blog, not only does it fail to auto-update, but you might be banned from servers if you don't manually update pb.  

1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Map Pack Dec 1, 2010, 13:59 Tumbler

It's a little confusing but I believe there are 5 "new" maps being added to the game via a patch and the VIP map pack. I'm not sure why I keep seeing different numbers but the video clip that talks about vip map pack 7 goes through at least 5 new maps being added and one of them is definitely oasis which isn't listed here... I'm not sure why there seems to be a different number of maps each time they announce this. 2 and 3 seem to be the most common reports but the video clips shows 5 new maps...maybe some of them are existing maps in new game modes?

Edit: er...4 maps. I can't count. It's 4 maps.

"Oasis, Harvest Day, Heavy Metal, and Cold War are now live in Bad Company 2"

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo