Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

CrimeCraft: Bleedout Starter Kit

A CrimeCraft: Bleedout starter kit is now available, announces Steam News, where they explain what this purchase brings to the free-to-play persistent-world multiplayer shooter CrimeCraft, including a two-month premium subscription. Bleedout is the first major content expansion for the game, offering "10 consecutive weekly episodes featuring story content from a lineup of comic book industry superstars. Conspiracies will blossom and explode in an epic campaign that examines the cause of the global collapse, and the nightmarish consequences that loom on the dark horizon." The contents of this "starter kit" follow.

• 2 Months of Deluxe Subscription (2x XP gain, 2x loot from battles, 2x in-game cash from battles)
  • Includes access to the first 8 episodes of the Bleedout Campaign
  • 20 Gold Bars (for character customization and items)
  • Powerful 3 Slot Customizable Sniper Rifle
  • Trigger and Ammo to buff up your new gun
  • Steamrolls serum boost (combat bonus)
  • Powerload Energy MAX (additional XP boost)

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: CrimeCraft: Bleedout Starter Kit Dec 1, 2010, 17:16 Kxmode

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 16:58:
kxmode wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 16:04:
A pound of flesh. No more, no less.

Bluesnews people quoting Shakespeare makes me very, very nervous.

Just sayin'.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Don't be nervous. I quoted Shrek in another thread.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: CrimeCraft: Bleedout Starter Kit Dec 1, 2010, 16:58 JoeNapalm

kxmode wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 16:04:

Bluesnews people quoting Shakespeare makes me very, very nervous.

Just sayin'.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

3. Re: CrimeCraft: Bleedout Starter Kit Dec 1, 2010, 16:04 Kxmode

2. Re: CrimeCraft: Bleedout Starter Kit Dec 1, 2010, 16:01 Trooper119

Just to clarify this game is completely free, nothing is held back unless you want more guns and such faster.

EDIT: Also upgraded guns give a few percentage in certain categories like range or recoil which means you'll never be beaten by a p2p player unless it was your fault really.

The stuff they're trying to get you to pay for is for a premium account which has some perks that some people like but I have no problems ignoring myself.

Given that it is free, when I tried to download it, it was far more of a hassle then I care to admit however after playing it for a while I can say 1. Nothing like APB, it is its own thing, and 2. It is a good amount of fun if you want a team based or free for all (usually objective based) shooter.

EDIT: The game has been out a while, went p2p and failed miserably. (sounds like APB eh?) since then it was bought out and has gone f2p but you can buy certain things if you so choose.

Great quality and good for a few weeks of good fun, at the very least you'll probably play it longer then you take to download it, however I would say the tutorial is to long for its own good and gives a bad first impression since I've never played another PvE mission since then (personal choice, the game offers plenty of PvE if you want it)

1. Re: CrimeCraft: Bleedout Starter Kit Dec 1, 2010, 13:51 JoeNapalm

Hmm.

This looks a LOT like APB...including customization (could it be as powerful as APB's?)...but free to play, with PvE and a storyline?

As one of the three people on earth who actually admits to having fun with APB, I am intrigued.

Not sure I'm "$10 Starter Kit" intrigued, but intrigued all the same.

[EDIT: I didn't realize it had been out a year - didn't make much of a splash, I guess?

Also:
"Pay Your Way Episodic content will be automatically available for free for all Deluxe or Premium CrimeCraft subscribers and available for individual purchase for free players."

I really hate how "FREE" gets applied to @#$% you gotta pay for, these days. Bloody marketing wonks.]

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo