Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed?

A post on MMOGameSite.com offers what is purported to be a leaked product slate from Blizzard, though this not confirmed to be genuine, and the leak is attributed to a "gamer, speaking on condition of anonymity," which raises the question of how such a document fell into the wrong hands. Questions about its authenticity aside, the image says the schedule is "as of 04/02/10," and it includes release windows (presumably tentative, even if they are accurate) for a number of projects, including a Q4 2011 release for Diablo III followed by expansions in Q2 2013 and Q4 2014. It also lists a Q4 2011 window for StarCraft II expansion 1 as well as SC2 Phoenix and a Q1 2013 window for the second expansion for the RTS sequel. There are two World of Warcraft expansions listed, one in Q2 2012 and another in Q4 2013, as well as listings for a WoW TCG (Q3 2012) and the WoW movie (Q4 2012). Finally, there is also a listing for an unannounced project called Titan in Q4 2013. Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

25. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:45 Verno

Krovven wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 13:20:
a) You are using something to modify quotes.

Huh? If I want to change a quote then I just go ahead and do that. I certainly don't need a justification to change a sentence in a post or something silly. I'll even sometimes post something then convince myself of the opposite later then go back and edit my thoughts or post a followup. I type pretty fast but often forget to read my thoughts so I tend to edit a lot but oh well, just my posting style. It's a forum, not a court of law so /shrug.

b) You spelled the old name wrong.c) My old name is still in my profile, for those that actually care for whatever reason.

Sorry I thought it was with a C for some reason but my memory is probably just fuzzy, I guess it was awhile ago already eh. I just can't get used to the new one for some reason but I totally get why you changed it, I unified my steam account and other stuff awhile ago for similar reasons. Anyways no harm intended and glad to see you back.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Re:Gamerleaks Dec 1, 2010, 13:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this whole story seems like complete bullshit, hehe. I sure hope Diablo 3 comes out before 2012 though, that would be great.

23. Re: Re:Gamerleaks Dec 1, 2010, 13:37 Dirwulf

Techie714 wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 11:59:
I'm buying the domain "Gamerleaks" to hell with Wikileaks...LOL.

Too bad it already exists...but there is no web site. I'm sure the guy would be willing to sell it to you for about $10,000 though...

Registrant:
david beyda
888 east 8th street
brooklyn, New York 11230
United States

I checked gameleaks.com as well. Also already taken. But hey. .net is available for both...until I log into my Godaddy account...

22. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:26 Optional nickname

a Q4 scheduled release for D3 Chapter 1 of 4, can only mean one thing. That the game will be out 2 years later after many many delays.

Just add + 2 years to every scheduled release date on this tablet, there fixed.

Although, a Q4 2011 D3 release, will make for a very MERRY Xmas 2011.

Blizzard, when you do officially announce a set date for D3 release, pls announce it 3 months in advance, so I can plan my 2 year Sabbatical accordingly, kthxbye

21. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:20 Krovven

I know you by your old name so that's what I tend to use, it's certainly nothing personal.

a) You are using something to modify quotes. b) You spelled the old name wrong. c) My old name is still in my profile, for those that actually care for whatever reason. d) I changed from Dagok long before I changed it on Blues, mainly because at one point it was unique, but over the years more and more people were using that name in games and websites (Same thing happened with another names I went by Dayzed & Daga). Krovven is unique. ie: Only 1 Dagok character in WoW is mine, of 12. All (2) of the Krovven characters in WoW are mine, nobody else is using it. Im sure at some point I'll have to change the from the name Krovven.

20. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:19 Slashman

I'm pissed that those Blizzard jerks didn't give this movie to Uwe Boll. Furious2  

19. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:18 Verno

Jonny wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 13:17:
They're talking about updating Outland and Northrend, because with the updated vanilla content their stories are now out of sync. I'd guess that the next expansion with update them both, boost the level cap to 90 and introduce a new hero class. Then a last one to knock it up to 100.

That all sounds pretty reasonable so I guess I am just letting my bias get the best of me in this situation, I retract my earlier statement about milking.

18. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:17 Jonny

There are two World of Warcraft expansions listed, one in Q2 2012 and another in Q4 2013

They're talking about updating Outland and Northrend, because with the updated vanilla content their stories are now out of sync. I'd guess that the next expansion will update them both, boost the level cap to 90 and introduce a new hero class. Then a last one to knock it up to 100.

17. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 12:57 gilly775

Heh, I even called it on here that it could be out in 2011, but no, there were skeptics!

Obviously this is just a rumor mill, but there is a chance of hope!

16. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 12:49 Verno

If ya missed it, ya missed it, just surprising is all...just sayin'.

I will happily admit that I missed it or don't really remember it. I'm sure there is plenty I miss on a regular basis even Googling the subject reveals a 2009 article that says it was born from a deal made in 2006 that was rumored dead several times so I either heard about it and forgot or just never saw it. Either way, why are you nitpicking what I should or shouldn't know? Who cares dude, seriously. I asked because I obviously didn't know at the time, sheesh.

Anyways I was really interested in what "lore" from the universe they will be using but it doesn't seem like they're at that stage yet I guess.

Was this supposed to be some lame attempt at insulting me? Not only did you edit the quote info, but you misspelled it (intentionally or not), either way, real mature. Good to see you haven't changed.

I know you by your old name so that's what I tend to use, it's certainly nothing personal. If it bugs you then I can use your new one but honestly it makes me think of a german microwave manufacturer or something, your old name was way better

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2010, 12:55.

15. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 12:36 Krovven

It's not like there has been any shortage of news about it since the first announcement of Raimi signing on well over a year ago.

Kotaku search list

Story on Blues 1

Story on Blues 2

Story on Blues 3

Story on Blues 4

If ya missed it, ya missed it, just surprising is all...just sayin'.

Dagoc wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 12:10

Was this supposed to be some lame attempt at insulting me? Not only did you edit the quote info, but you misspelled it (intentionally or not), either way, real mature. Good to see you haven't changed.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2010, 12:41.

14. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 12:13 Verno

Dagoc wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 12:10:
An actual motion picture or something done internally?

How have you not heard about this?

It's not like a WoW movie is Harry Potter type news or something, I think it's reasonable to assume there might even be other people in the universe who don't know about it. Thanks for the info though!

13. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 12:10 Krovven

An actual motion picture or something done internally?

How have you not heard about this?

Sam Raimi is on-board to direct. It's in early pre-production, story, scripting drafts, etc. But Raimi is busy with other projects for awhile still.

12. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 12:05 Verno

Dagoc wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 11:59:
WoW is only up to its 3rd expansion in 6 years. Everquest has had 17 expansions over a period of 10 years.

^ What he said. When Blizz starts releasing expansions every 6 months for 10 years, then you can start talking about "milking".

Beatnik Idea

and the WoW movie (Q4 2012)

An amusing aside that I missed reading it the first time:

I'm not even sure what to think of a World of Warcraft movie. An actual motion picture or something done internally? Is this what Kotick was talking about or just selling cutscene DVDs for their games(something Blizzard did in the past anyway)?

11. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 12:00 Krovven

However I really doubt Diablo 3 will ship in April.

The chart doesnt say April, it says Q4 2011.

10. Re:Gamerleaks Dec 1, 2010, 11:59 Techie714

I'm buying the domain "Gamerleaks" to hell with Wikileaks...LOL.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 11:59 Krovven

WoW is only up to its 3rd expansion in 6 years. Everquest has had 17 expansions over a period of 10 years.

^ What he said. When Blizz starts releasing expansions every 6 months for 10 years, then you can start talking about "milking".

An expansion every 2 years, possibly the next two 1.5 yrs apart...is far from milking. Leaving it any longer would kill the game.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2010, 12:07.

8. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 11:57 Verno

That's Q2 2012 and Q4 2013, which is 1.5 years apart, realistically 2 years apart with delays.

Maybe but that combined with the SC2 "Phoenix" thing slotted in for Q4 2011 makes the whole thing seem a bit odd.

7. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 11:55 Hyatus

Wookiestick wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 11:48:
However I really doubt Diablo 3 will ship in April. I'd be surprised if it was even out by late summer.

No. It says the schedule was current as of April. The schedule is for Diablo III to come out in the 4th quarter.

6. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 11:54 Zyrxil

That's Q2 2012 and Q4 2013, which is 1.5 years apart, realistically 2 years apart with delays.  

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo