Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Inception Game Confirmed?

In an interview with EW.com director Christopher Nolan seems more decisive about his previous indications he has plans for a movie follow-up to Inception, his science fiction heist movie. Though he still indicates this is a long-term project, it sounds like it's really happening. "I always imagined Inception to be a world where a lot of other stories could take place," says Nolan. "At the moment, the only direction we’re channeling that is by developing a videogame set in the world." Thanks Computer and Video Games.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 2, 2010, 02:53 Ant

Grounded wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 11:08:
That doesnt mean it sucked. It was a good film. Avatar was over rated but I feel Inception deserved the hype.
Inception had a better story, but Avatar was prettier.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 23:31 siapnar

Surf wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 10:59:
I don't know which movie was more overrated, Avatar or Inception.

People are so fucking gullible these days as neither movie was brain challenge in any way shape or form. Visually, sure, but story, yawn.

Inception a 2010 remake of The Matrix!
When you're trying to rip on a film for the lack of it's brain challenging content, it's usually a good idea to structure said ripping sentence properly.

Avatar is overhyped. Inception on the other hand is a great movie by all means.

Also, I'd love to hear your take on a "brain challenge" movie.

I have projectile dysfunction.

14. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 14:15 Creston

J wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 13:40:
BAAAAAAAAAAM

tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu

Creston

13. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:52 DangerDog

I suppose the movie Dreamscape is too old (1984) for many to remember, Inception was just an updated and heavily stylized version of that movies idea of entering into peoples dreams. I also got a "Total Recall" vibe with the whole, is he dreaming or is he awake - especially the very end of the movie.

As for an Inception game, seems like they borrowed from Call of Duty with that arctic military base towards the end of the film, it didn't make any sense as to why that kind of location was put into the movie other than to try to make the film seem cool to the 18-30 male audience.

I'm sure there's someone who's over analyzed every detail of the movie (leo's disappearing and reappearing ring) could fully explain it.

12. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:40 J

BAAAAAAAAAAM  

11. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:35 saluk

RE: The matrix sequels: they just got very lucky the first time around. They chose a carefully selected set of philosophies to make their blend for the first movie, but I think they felt the leaned too hard on some of them and went in another direction. We can see the result of that. They really lost their way.

Look at the Star Wars series. The philosophy on display in the prequels is very different from that of the originals. The force goes from a very mystical thing that connects everything, to a magic spell power.

It's easy for creative types to try to distance theirselves from past works, in order to keep on their creative toes so to speak, and go in the wrong direction.

Anyway, while I think Inception was a bit overhyped, it was so different than the matrix I don't really see the comparison. I was underwhelmed by the action, but the ideas behind the movie are pretty good, and the way they are handled are very fresh (which is why there was hype in the first place). But it didn't blow me away or move me the way I expected it to.

10. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:20 JoeNapalm

Verno wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 13:05:

I know it's unreasonable but I also felt like The Matrix was dragged down by it's sequels. Yeah I know, I should consider it on it's own merits but the sequels were so godawful they actually tarnish the whole franchise in my mind.

I think that's perfectly reasonable.

People tend to avoid things that remind them of past trauma, even if those were things they used to enjoy.

[While Snopes claims that rumors that they lost the lawsuit about the authorship of the screenplay are false, I can't help but think that the sequels show a deep lack of understanding of the first film - sort of odd, if they actually wrote it. But I digress...used to date an English PhD student who did a thesis or something on this stuff.]

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

9. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:20 Verno

I even liked Pandorum

High five man. I don't get why so many people disliked it. It wasn't the best sci-fi film I've ever seen but it still managed to be a fairly tense, interesting film with some original ideas and an interesting twist. Yeah it had pacing problems and probably was about 25 minutes too long but overall it was still pretty good.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

8. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:17 Grounded

Im gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. We need more SCI FI films and Ill take what we can get. I even liked Pandorum. I dont mind the Matrix, or Inception or Avatar. Keep em coming. Also looking forward to Star Trek 2. or is it technically star Trek 14 or whatever.  

7. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 13:05 Verno

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 11:42:

And I suppose Full Metal Jacket was just a remake of Apocalypse Now?

I mean, everyone's entitled to their opinion...not interested in getting into a "my movie can beat up your movie" conversation...but comparing Inception to The Matrix is pretty thin.

Besides, there's only like three good stories that just get retold over and over, when you get down to it. So Avatar is Pocahontas...I'd rather watch Avatar. *Shrug*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

I know it's unreasonable but I also felt like The Matrix was dragged down by it's sequels. Yeah I know, I should consider it on it's own merits but the sequels were so godawful they actually tarnish the whole franchise in my mind.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

6. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 12:33 Wallshadows

I think the best part about Inception was the South Park parody.  

5. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 12:23 JaguarUSF

I had a dream there was an Inception game.

Or did I?

4. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 11:42 JoeNapalm

And I suppose Full Metal Jacket was just a remake of Apocalypse Now?

I mean, everyone's entitled to their opinion...not interested in getting into a "my movie can beat up your movie" conversation...but comparing Inception to The Matrix is pretty thin.

Besides, there's only like three good stories that just get retold over and over, when you get down to it. So Avatar is Pocahontas...I'd rather watch Avatar. *Shrug*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

3. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 11:21 Mangrove

I quite like the film, but I thought the dream within a dream within a dream thing was done to almost self-parody...

...and it took me about a week to get the Everly Brothers out of my brain box.

Dream, dream, dream, dream
When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is

2. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 11:08 Grounded

That doesnt mean it sucked. It was a good film. Avatar was over rated but I feel Inception deserved the hype.  

1. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 10:59 Surf

I don't know which movie was more overrated, Avatar or Inception.

People are so fucking gullible these days as neither movie was brain challenge in any way shape or form. Visually, sure, but story, yawn.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo