Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 1, 2010, 16:26 Cutter

Just check out the DCUO beta if you want every reason possible why MOGs don't belong on consoles. Great game, potentially, but it's ruined because its consolized.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 1, 2010, 13:17 Verno

Will&#8200;MMOs ever find a home on consoles?

I'm kind of torn on that because I'm not a big fan of MMOs anymore but at the same time they are very successful on the PC platform. I think it would be a shame to have them ruined by changes made to accommodate console limitations such as memory and input devices(or lack thereof).

If FF14(from the article) is the leading example of such a thing then I think most people would agree that MMOs should stay on the PC because when you try to make it for both platforms you end up with a totally fucked product.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 1, 2010, 12:16 Tumbler

Free content for Monday Night combat! Looking forward to trying this. That game was a lot of fun but gets repetitive too quickly. Hoping they've added features that make it more interesting.

I guess the main problem was that over the course of one game you should be able to see everything each class has to offer so once you've played a dozen times or so you've seen almost everything the game has to offer. (MP team battles)

Offering upgrades as you level up I think is what this game needs, hopefully keeping the game balanced though.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo