Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rift Beta Friday

Trion Worlds sends a reminder that, as promised, three days of closed beta testing will kick off on Friday for RIFT, their upcoming MMORPG. The test will kick off at 18:00 GMT on December 3, offering the chance to play the game's first 20 levels, PvP combat, and more. There's still time to sign up for an account, which includes the chance of being selected as a tester.

View
3. Re: Rift Beta Friday Nov 29, 2010, 23:17 jsmith

WyldKat wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 22:16:
I'm signed up for beta apparently but I have no idea why I signed up in the first place. It looks like a typical Korean MMO and I don't really see anything that sets it apart.

Really? Korean MMO? The game looks like a Vanguard / WoW hybrid with a sprinkling of EQ2 (maybe that's just the Hartsman factor). How do you come up with Korean MMO? Korean MMOs are Rising Force Online, Maple Story, 2Moons, Asda Story, et cetera. You may not care for the game, but at least be realistic about its appearance.

As for what will set it apart, the dynamic solo / group / raid content in the form of rifts (on top of regular group and raid dungeons) seems like a unique concept. At the very least, it's a step in the right direction from Warhammer's PQ system. Also having NPC factions warring with eachother seems like a neat feature.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 29, 21:06 Re: Rift Beta Friday Cutter
  2. Nov 29, 22:16 Re: Rift Beta Friday WyldKat
>> 3. Nov 29, 23:17  Re: Rift Beta Friday jsmith
  4. Nov 29, 23:52   Re: Rift Beta Friday Cutter
  5. Nov 30, 00:28    Re: Rift Beta Friday Kobalt
  6. Nov 30, 00:37     Re: Rift Beta Friday Esoteric
  7. Nov 30, 00:43  Re: Rift Beta Friday Ant

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo