Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

MCV - Retail vs Steam.
This creative working of pricing, promotions and catalogue is something I am convinced retail can learn and benefit from. It frustrates me greatly that once a game is six weeks old, it is written off and consigned to the bargain bins, never to rise again. We have a 10-year-old simulator title that still sells regularly on digital platforms. This brings me to a quick recommendation. The Long Tail by Chris Anderson is an essential read for anyone who wants to understand the differentials and opportunities offered by the digital platform.

Cliffski’s Blog - Achievements.
I just can’t make my mind up about in-game achievements. The pseudo-intellectual whiny part of me says ‘they are just like pavlovs dog being trained, don’t give in to that manipulative OCD crap’. The rest of me goes ‘Oh YES! I just scored 47 hits with the flamethrower whilst running backwards, that’s the ‘platinum running backwards with flamethrower achievement’ checked off.’ (High-fives all-round).

View
12. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2010, 20:24 Nate

Pfft, last game I bought in a store was more than a year ago. Steam or Impulse prices are close enough for launch day pricing.  

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 29, 12:04 Re: Op Ed ASeven
  2. Nov 29, 12:32 MCV - Retail vs Steam jimnms
  3. Nov 29, 13:08  Re: MCV - Retail vs Steam TheEmissary
  4. Nov 29, 13:54 Re: Op Ed Verno
  5. Nov 29, 15:57  Re: Op Ed PHJF
  6. Nov 29, 15:59   Re: Op Ed DDI
  7. Nov 29, 16:05    Re: Op Ed Verno
  8. Nov 29, 16:31   Re: Op Ed Icewind
  9. Nov 29, 17:03    Re: Op Ed DG
  10. Nov 29, 19:11 Re: Op Ed mag