Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So today is the so-called Cyber Monday, a celebration of online consumerism where deals should abound, which apparently works, as I've seen it estimated that well over 100 million Americans plan on doing some online shopping today. Today is also unofficially Hug A Gamer Day, so you should attempt to cash in on that as best you can. The occasion is inspired by the anniversary of the launch of the arcade version of Pong in 1972.

R.I.P.: Leslie Nielsen Dead At 84.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: GunBlood.
Link: Best Package Shipping Company. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: Old Horror Movie Room In Burning Hotel Gives Cops, Firefighters Fright. Thanks Neatorama.
Miss New York crashes Miss USA float in Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Science: Harvard scientists reverse the ageing process in mice – now for humans.
Scientists Trick Cells Into Switching Identities.
Gene therapy 'memory boost hope'.
The Walken Dead.
Blank DVDs FAIL.
The Funnies: ActionTrip Comic Strip- New Vegas Nicety.
Follow-up: Sea level-ice sheet dynamics may help stabilize Antarctica's ice.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2010, 02:22 Hoop

kxmode wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 20:31:
Hoop wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 17:45:
kxmode wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 17:36:
I predict Gene Wilder is going to die in less than a month.

Poor guy his last thought will probably be I wonder what happened to that beautiful sheep I once had on the bed in fishnets & suspenders.

See no evil! Hear no evil! Ignoring

Go on click the link Kxmode

http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/WilderSheep.JPG

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2010, 01:06 Prez

Rest in peace Leslie Nielsen; thanks for the many laughs that resulted in many pairs of pissed-in pants. Spot_right  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 20:31 Kxmode

Hoop wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 17:45:

Poor guy his last thought will probably be I wonder what happened to that beautiful sheep I once had on the bed in fishnets & suspenders.

See no evil! Hear no evil! Ignoring

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 18:48 nin

nin
I can see its gonna be worth it.

lol, I can only assume that's sarcasm.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 17:48 Hoop

nin
I can see its gonna be worth it.

Um .. Behind you...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 17:45 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 17:36 Kxmode

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 17:30 nin

I can't focus, will be caffeine free a week tomorrow, would like to say something funny & or intelligent but I'm not capable. I will divulge this whole giving up coffee is taking it's toll, very surprised by the spin this has put my head in but I will win, two weeks & I sould be clear.
As a side the weather here has been one of the driest Springs in a long time, sould be a hot summer ahead.

I've never cared for coffee, which I guess is good, as I've been told I need to eliminate as much as I possibly can, by a doctor. This includes coffee, pop, chocolate, etc. You'd be surprised what it's in, including some drink mixes you add to water, and even some multivitimins (hint: if it says "energy", beware). I sometimes cheat and have a pop once or twice a month, but that's about it. I spoiled myself with a couple of brownies the other night and lived...

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 17:21 Hoop

I can't focus, will be caffeine free a week tomorrow, would like to say something funny & or intelligent but I'm not capable. I will divulge this whole giving up coffee is taking it's toll, very surprised by the spin this has put my head in but I will win, two weeks & I sould be clear.
As a side the weather here has been one of the driest Springs in a long time, sould be a hot summer ahead.

Um .. Behind you...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 16:46 Cutter

Besides Airplane I always really liked Les in Forbidden Planet. That was such a great flick!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 16:40 Vulkan

kxmode wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 11:08:
Blue we just want you to know, we're all counting on you.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 15:28 Kxmode

nin wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 13:41:
I was hoping George would admit he screwed up the prequel and let Kershner do it properly. Well, this is a kick in the balls.

Fuck him. Peter Jackson is my George Lucas now.

I consider Empire Strikes Back the best of the Star Wars films; probably one the best sci-fi films made. Not surprisingly it had the least input from Lucas. As far as I'm concerned Kershner contributed greatly to the Star Wars ethos and cannon, and I am grateful to him for that! R.I.P. Mr. Kershner. Salute

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 13:41 nin

I was hoping George would admit he screwed up the prequel and let Kershner do it properly. Well, this is a kick in the balls.

George is too full of himself. When you're young, you have drive and you take risks. When you're older and have huge piles of money to wipe your ass, that all goes away.

I'll all but decided, with his frequent tweaks and reissues of the classic trilogy, that it was just being at the right place and the right time for him. Everything he touches these days is shit.

Fuck him. Peter Jackson is my George Lucas now.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 13:36 Kxmode

nin wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 11:36:
Damn! http://io9.com/5701120/empire-strikes-back-director-irvin-kershner-dies-in-la-at-87

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 12:45 Steelcamp

... And this Château le Blanc '68 is supposed to be served slightly chilled! This is room temperature! What do you think we are, animals? -Frank Drebin  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

6. History of Blasters Nov 29, 2010, 12:27 Fion

Some might recognize the 2009 'blaster' to be one of the completely bad assed alien weapons known as AMR-B21 from the fantastic movie District 9. It's the one that shoots lightning and insta-gibs anyone it touches. To cool! Though personally my favorite is the one that throws people around and blasts holes in everything.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 12:12 Enahs

Best Package Shipping Company.

They had to contact a specialty company to build the device? And it was hard to get the power for it? Really?

All of that could be done with dozens of cell phones, the programming is quite easy. And with the screen and phone part always off, you can easily get the battery to last a long ass time. My phone last 2 days without charging and it is always connected for push-email and has the accelerometer and compass shit in it to do all that...

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 11:08 Kxmode

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2010, 11:04 nin

Thought it was classy that the family asked, instead of flowers, to send the money to the charity of your choice.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo