Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch

The first patch is now available for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit to update the racing game to version 1.010. The patch is available on the Need for Speed Downloads Page, and there are mirrors on The Patches Scrolls and WorthPlaying. The patch notes follow.

The following issues have been fixed in this patch:

• Quad-core CPUís crash
  • Dreamshots are corrupted in non-16:9 aspect ratios: If you configure your game with a different resolution that yields an aspect ratio thatís not 16:9, dreamshots and snapshots were corrupted. This has been fixed.
  • Missing rain, snow and corona effects
  • CL Eye driver crashes the game

New Features:

• D-Box motion chair support

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 17:35 Flipper405

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 01:54:
How about Most wanted fans ?

In that case, the past blasts better than the future. And Hot Pursuit "Time Trial Edition" is a farce.

I also loved most wanted, and I was a little disappointed by the demo I played of this on the 360. However, I may pick it up (on PC of course) at some point. I can't really pinpoint what is wrong, but the driving just doesn't feel right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 16:11 PHJF

I can live with the driving mechanics (almost every turn I take, I take by tapping the handbrake and drifting through it at 5000MPH), but the fucking Mario Kart horseshit is WAY, WAAAAAYYY out of place. May as well have included green/red/blue shells.

And Time Trials (especially where you CAN'T FUCKING HIT ANYTHING) is, as others said, pretty much the worst idea in the history of the universe.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

14. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 14:33 avianflu

Actually if one _carefully_ reads those reviews praising the game there are notable "cons" mentioned in the text; hence the generally 8-ish scores and not 9-ish scores from reviewers. Amazon customer reviews are even more critical.

I want the game but decided against when I saw complaints about the slow-mo that cannot be turned off and that can cause you to lose the race when the slo-mo stops. Graphics look nice tho.

13. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 11:39 eRe4s3r

EA also publishes good games. This here is imo a clear case of EA not caring at all and just outsourcing the entire series to random developers.

That said, i wonder if Test Drive Unlimited 2 is gonna be good. Hopefully they (dont) mess it up

Edit: whoops :;p

12. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 11:31 Optional nickname

Until NFS after 25 unsuccessful sequels finally gets its game right once again, ala - original Point to Point gameplay, I will be busy playing GT5 on my PS3 for a very very long time. GT5 isn't perfect, but it puts a smile on my face every 10 minutes or so that I play the game, and NFS hasn't done that since 25 sequels ago. Well, I admit, PU , Shift, MW were good iterations, but their immediate sequels totally destroyed the magic that was before it. Good riddance NFS (I blame EA though).

EA, where E.veryones an A.ssclown.

11. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 07:25 The Half Elf

Drezden wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 01:25:
I like how some of you throw words around like "Shitty" toward a game that has almost perfect scores across the board from a lot of review sites/mags.

The game is great. If you don't like the drifting around corners mechanic tuff titties. (And thats really only on some of the VERY tight Hairpin/U Turn corners, most of the Super/Exotic class cars like the Lambo's, Porches, Pagani's and Mclarens can take tight corners without ever drifting. It all depends on the cars handling. Performance cars like the Charger, Mustang, etc, yeah you're going to do a lot of drifting around tighter corners cause they aren't handling machines, they're built for power)

The game is a hybrid of the ORIGINAL Need for Speed series which involved ONLY supercars, and exotic track locals, with a little bit of the racing style of Burnout which was a great arcade racing series in it's own right.

Good riddens to the craptacular rice burner modification games that the NFS series had become. Undercover was a tragic piece of shit. Drift was salvageable but still not great, although better than the previous games (Undercover, Carbon, etc) Being able to modify shitty cars doesn't make a good game.

Driving Supercars is what NFS was originally about, and I'm glad to see it go back to that. Hot Pursuit 1 and 2 were the best of the original series. This is a great throwback to that. I have enjoyed every minute of the game. Can't say I know anyone who bought it who has disliked it either.

You're only shooting yourself in the foot by calling it crap without even playing it.
C'est la vie

Until NFS Underground, the series has always been about RACING. Getting from Point A to Point B in the fastest time, not Figure Skating and how well the car drifts around a corner.
Personally with Hot Pursuit, it was all about speed, driving ability and getting away from the cops, not about 'sytle' driving.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 07:21 eRe4s3r

heh thats very true, and when i read who made this game i was already doubting my sanity, why you would let Criterion handle a game where its about police chases? Police chases are only fun if you have a *high* chance to actually get chased down - i honestly - never could manage that in hot pursuit.

What really bugs me though is that the "car-free" camera is WAY too low. And the hood camera way too far back and up.

And then theres the entire thing with time trials and the balatant obvious "car-makers name in yo face, unskippable shit times 5" when you have a good race or an unlock. Half the game you look at unskippable car presentations or unlock movies.. seriously wtf

9. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 06:59 Bludd

The fact that you have to drift around corners to get a decent time is not how most tarmac racing is done. Rally cars drift and slide on gravel, but on tarmac you want as little drift as possible.

Criterion took the driving mechanic from Burnout and just threw it in their NFS game. It is totally misplaced. I am very disappointed and I have uninstalled the game.

8. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 01:54 eRe4s3r

How about Most wanted fans ?

In that case, the past blasts better than the future. And Hot Pursuit "Time Trial Edition" is a farce.

7. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 01:25 Trevellian

I like how some of you throw words around like "Shitty" toward a game that has almost perfect scores across the board from a lot of review sites/mags.

The game is great. If you don't like the drifting around corners mechanic tuff titties. (And thats really only on some of the VERY tight Hairpin/U Turn corners, most of the Super/Exotic class cars like the Lambo's, Porches, Pagani's and Mclarens can take tight corners without ever drifting. It all depends on the cars handling. Performance cars like the Charger, Mustang, etc, yeah you're going to do a lot of drifting around tighter corners cause they aren't handling machines, they're built for power)

The game is a hybrid of the ORIGINAL Need for Speed series which involved ONLY supercars, and exotic track locals, with a little bit of the racing style of Burnout which was a great arcade racing series in it's own right.

Good riddens to the craptacular rice burner modification games that the NFS series had become. Undercover was a tragic piece of shit. Drift was salvageable but still not great, although better than the previous games (Undercover, Carbon, etc) Being able to modify shitty cars doesn't make a good game.

Driving Supercars is what NFS was originally about, and I'm glad to see it go back to that. Hot Pursuit 1 and 2 were the best of the original series. This is a great throwback to that. I have enjoyed every minute of the game. Can't say I know anyone who bought it who has disliked it either.

You're only shooting yourself in the foot by calling it crap without even playing it.
C'est la vie

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

6. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 29, 2010, 00:43 ViRGE

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 22:34:
TurdFergasun wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 22:25:
it sounds like a complete and total tragedy. may it burn in the pit of video game hell along with the ppl who decide to make games this shitty.

I haven't played it but reviews are generally very good. For people like me who prefer arcade racers it is likely a good buy. I plan to get it when it hits $20.
Ditto. I picked it up back at release and I'm having a great time. I can certainly see how Shift or even Underground fans would hate it, but for those of us that favor arcade racers, HP is a blast from the past.

5. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 28, 2010, 22:34 StingingVelvet

TurdFergasun wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 22:25:
it sounds like a complete and total tragedy. may it burn in the pit of video game hell along with the ppl who decide to make games this shitty.

I haven't played it but reviews are generally very good. For people like me who prefer arcade racers it is likely a good buy. I plan to get it when it hits $20.

4. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 28, 2010, 22:25 TurdFergasun

3. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 28, 2010, 21:40 css2010

The drifting isn't too bad, I hated it at first but after practicing in free mode for awhile it's quite simple, just need to use quick taps of the brake.  

2. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 28, 2010, 20:59 siapnar

I'm surprised there is a drifting mechanic, considering how basic the driving "physics" look.  

I have projectile dysfunction.

1. Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Patch Nov 28, 2010, 20:16 Bludd

This game is not fun. I do not like that you have to drift around all corners. The drifting mechanic is crap IMHO.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo