Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Bestsellers

Here is Valve's list of bestselling titles on Steam for the week.

1. Sid Meier's Civilization V
  2. Counter-Strike: Source
  3. Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
  4. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Gold Edition
  5. Borderlands
  6. Super Meat Boy
  7. Alpha Protocol
  8. Torchlight
  9. ARMA II: Combined Operations
  10. Indie Pulse Pack

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 29, 2010, 19:29 IQ

Government is not the problem - the voters are the problem.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 29, 2010, 15:08 JayDeath

Jerykk wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 17:36:
I wish Amnesia would go on sale. Not that I don't think it's worth $20 (I already have it and definitely is worth more than that), but a sale would give the game some much-needed exposure. More people need to know about the best survival horror game in years.

It was for sale for 10 bucks I think for the Halloween sale.

Steam: BenRichards

10. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 29, 2010, 08:20 xXBatmanXx

spindoctor wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 01:53:
Bhruic wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 19:28:
I must admit I'm surprised myself. Especially as CoD:Blops has completely dropped off the list. Admittedly I think it's a crappy game, but it seemed to be selling quite well before - easily outselling Civ V.

Black Ops is still the number 1 selling game on Steam, even throughout the week.

Here's the thing... Blue compiles this list from the official (and automated) weekly top sellers RSS feed that Steam has and updates every Sunday. The problem with that feed is that it sometimes spits out more than 10 games at a time, and sometimes two or even three games share the same rank in the list. Meaning you can have 2 games which were both the 7th best selling game of the week. In cases like this, I believe Blue has a policy of only listing the last game took a particular rank. So if Black Ops was mentioned first, and then later the feed also mentioned Civ 5 as the top seller, he will only list Civ 5. That's what we see here.

It's a bug with the automated feed, something that Valve doesn't seem to care enough to fix.

edit - this is the feed in case anyone is interested - http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml

I just go here: http://store.steampowered.com/

And click on "Top sellers"

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 29, 2010, 07:08 Enahs

It is the top selling games by revenue, not by amount sold.  

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

8. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 29, 2010, 01:53 spindoctor

Bhruic wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 19:28:
I must admit I'm surprised myself. Especially as CoD:Blops has completely dropped off the list. Admittedly I think it's a crappy game, but it seemed to be selling quite well before - easily outselling Civ V.

Black Ops is still the number 1 selling game on Steam, even throughout the week.

Here's the thing... Blue compiles this list from the official (and automated) weekly top sellers RSS feed that Steam has and updates every Sunday. The problem with that feed is that it sometimes spits out more than 10 games at a time, and sometimes two or even three games share the same rank in the list. Meaning you can have 2 games which were both the 7th best selling game of the week. In cases like this, I believe Blue has a policy of only listing the last game took a particular rank. So if Black Ops was mentioned first, and then later the feed also mentioned Civ 5 as the top seller, he will only list Civ 5. That's what we see here.

It's a bug with the automated feed, something that Valve doesn't seem to care enough to fix.

edit - this is the feed in case anyone is interested - http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

7. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 29, 2010, 01:23 Muscular Beaver

Its prolly because many parents right now tell their children that they won't get a new video game before Christmas.
So just wait until Christmas.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

6. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 28, 2010, 22:35 StingingVelvet

Zadig wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 20:16:
It's bizarre since COD is currently listed as a top seller and CIV isn't.

These lists aren't exactly super accurate I bet.

5. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 28, 2010, 21:32 [VG]Reagle

Surprising. Must be the $60 price of COD.  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

4. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 28, 2010, 20:16 Zadig

It's bizarre since COD is currently listed as a top seller and CIV isn't.  

3. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 28, 2010, 19:28 Bhruic

2. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 28, 2010, 19:18 jimnms

Why is Civ V #1 all of the sudden, did I miss a sale?  

MeanJim on Steam

1. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 28, 2010, 17:36 Jerykk

I wish Amnesia would go on sale. Not that I don't think it's worth $20 (I already have it and definitely is worth more than that), but a sale would give the game some much-needed exposure. More people need to know about the best survival horror game in years.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo