Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Miner Wars MMO with Preorders

The Miner Wars Forums have an effort by Keen Software House to clear up a misconception they've caused about Miner Wars 2081 that has people thinking the game is an MMOG (which probably has something to do with the website logo carrying a caption saying: "6DOF - Fully Destructible Environment - Single Player Story & MMO"). Word is that while Miner Wars 2081 will include multiplayer support, there is also a separate Miner Wars MMOG in the works. Taking responsibility for the confusion, they are now planning on giving a free copy of the MMO version of the game to all who have preordered the non-MMO version so far, and are extending this offer to anyone who preorders between now and December 1. Here's the explanation of how this two-game confusion came about:

If you're unaware of the nature of these things, after I explain why it is this way, you'll understand: The version of the game you are guaranteed by pre-ordering, WILL (will, will, will) come with multi-player mode, but more in the style of Descent with server lists, each based in one sector/level at a time. An MMO, something quiiite different, takes quite a bit of work, even for a professional company, and a LOT more money/resources to keep running, (server costs, developers, paid maintenance, etc.). Remember, we're an independent company, and as such it is a risk we literally cannot afford until we have substantial, reliable income from the first release (what you have pre-ordered). This has been the plan from the very beginning.

View
4. Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders Nov 23, 2010, 13:49 Will W

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 11:44:
How is the game anyways? I was thinking about getting it. I saw people were raving about it a while back. Is it still fun or is this one of those instantly fun get old quick kind of games?

I've played it a few times, I'm a sucker for space games. It's most definitely in the alpha stage now. Last time I played it was a month or so ago and it was like a tech demo...single player with not a ton to do but fly around.

I consider it worth the current price in it's current state as long as you understand it's in the Alpha stage right now and you don't expect too much from a game that's not ready for consumption by the general public.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 23, 11:08 Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders Zyrxil
  2. Nov 23, 11:44  Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders SpectralMeat
  3. Nov 23, 13:08   Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders Cutter
>> 4. Nov 23, 13:49   Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders Will W
  5. Nov 23, 18:11  Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders Lesaonar
  6. Nov 23, 19:31 Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders Nate
  7. Nov 23, 20:57  Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders Safety Helmet
  8. Nov 23, 23:22   Re: Miner Wars MMO with Preorders fawker

footer

Blue's News logo