Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory

Telltale Games and Steam now offer Poker Night at the Inventory, the gaming-themed poker game, which is a Steamplay title for both Windows and OS X. Here's the deal: "Prepare for a different kind of poker night in a very different kind of club. In Poker Night at the Inventory, you'll deal with Penny Arcade's clever, cunning Tycho, Team Fortress 2's hulking Heavy, Homestar Runner's self-proclaimed "awesome icon" Strong Bad and the hyperkinetic 'rabbity-thing' from Sam & Max. These characters come together in ways some never thought possible, in a setting few would have predicted."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory Nov 23, 2010, 09:25 Golwar

I only wonder why multiplayer isn't supported.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory Nov 23, 2010, 09:00 Wolfox

nullability just described exactly how I feel about the game. It's definitely well worth $5, and lots of fun.  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory Nov 23, 2010, 03:11 nullability

I've spent over 3 hours on the game tonight and it's a lot of fun! There is enough unique dialogue that it is not too repetitive, and it is all well-written and true to the characters' personae. For example, Penny Arcade fans will enjoy the numerous obscure references to the comic (such as Tycho ogling the pot and commenting that it could "buy a lot of giraffe time" (ahem)).

I don't normally like poker, and am still learning how to play texas hold 'em, but just watching the characters banter and interact makes this well worth the $5. The TF2 items are just icing on this sweet, sweet cake of a game.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory Nov 23, 2010, 00:43 Cutter

Someone needs to make a poker game titled Liqour in the front, Poker in the rear.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory Nov 23, 2010, 00:19 jimnms

I'm having a blast with it. I've beaten everyone except Tycho. I've played 7 games so far and only lost 2. Most of the games so far have lasted about half an hour. I won my first game which was head to head with Max. My next game I made it head to head with Strong Bad with about 6000 chips. It lasted a while, I got my chips up almost knocking him out, then it went back and forth several times before he finally won.

I've got two TF2 unlocks so far, Max's and Tycho's. I might have to start playing TF2 again to see what they do.

Edit: My only complaint with it is that sometimes the dialog gets repetitive. They should put something in there to have a minimum time between saying things so they don't repeat themselves. Also, it looks like each player has a set play style, which is fine, but it won't take long to figure their play pattern out and eventually it will be easy to win. The Heavy for instance, twice he's gone all in on the first hand with crap cards. He got lucky once, that was the last game I played where he made it heads up with me. He only had 4000 chips and went all in on the first heads up hand.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2010, 00:24.

MeanJim on Steam

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Poker Night at the Inventory Nov 22, 2010, 23:21 Kosumo

Enjoyed what I played of it, for a poker game. (~30mins)  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo