Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Safety Dance

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 23, 2010, 10:26 Will W

space captain wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 09:55:
but then the chick starts fondling your nuts and you go "ahhhhh" and the jig is up

Not just the jig....

(edit for tags)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 23, 2010, 09:55 space captain

Will W wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 09:42:
My only complaint is that they won't honor a request to be searched by someone of the OPPOSITE sex.

maybe if you told them you were gay .. that should work if they are honestly trying to avoid sexual arousal

but then the chick starts fondling your nuts and you go "ahhhhh" and the jig is up

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 23, 2010, 09:42 Will W

My only complaint is that they won't honor a request to be searched by someone of the OPPOSITE sex.  

11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 23, 2010, 09:21 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 06:24:
What a mess. I'm never flying again unless some unforeseen event requires me to travel overseas. Highly doubtful. I like driving anyway.

Driving is way more enjoyable but unfortunately quite a bit more expensive these days for moderate distances.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

10. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 23, 2010, 07:03 BobBob

Glad I'm in Europe.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 23, 2010, 06:24 Prez

What a mess. I'm never flying again unless some unforeseen event requires me to travel overseas. Highly doubtful. I like driving anyway.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 23, 2010, 06:21 xXBatmanXx

So it sounds like hating on the TSA is the new hating on the cops of yesterday?  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 23, 2010, 05:40 WyldKat

I have no sympathy for TSA workers, especially after all the child abuse that's been shown on the Sift recently.

I realize that TSA workers are just trying to do their jobs but they signed up for it, they had the chance to decline to violate another human's basic personal rights and they chose money instead. There are plenty of other jobs out there, even in this recession, that don't require you to act like the gestapo.

6. Re: TSA workers face verbal abuse from travelers Nov 23, 2010, 02:24 Pumas

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_Orders

"I'm just doing what I'm told" is NOT a defense for doing something illegal if you have the ability to refuse.

How will I know limits from lies if I never try?

5. Re: TSA workers face verbal abuse from travelers Nov 23, 2010, 02:13 Pumas

"Better minds construct their own point of view, are daring in attitude, unable to mend and change. But the stubborn dogmatic fools, bound by tradition's rules, create a cultured hate."

Carry Love by Hey Mike!

4. Re: TSA workers face verbal abuse from travelers Nov 23, 2010, 01:13 Cutter

Wow, most brilliant post I've read in a long time.

The word "customers" implies a voluntary relationship, that we can take our business elsewhere if it suits us. This is not the case.

Sorry, but flying is not a privilege, it is a right guaranteed by the ninth amendment to the consitution. The right to fly is not somehow magically created by the government for them to be able to declare that I cannot fly if I do not agree up front to being treated like a convicted criminal. Unwarranted search is covered by the fourth. The TSA makes me no safer from al Qaida, and no one is there to keep me safe from the TSA!

I've had enough of government accomplishing the exact opposite of its stated goals. The FDA does not keep me safe from the pharmaceutical companies -- provably, and my own medical records document my education there. The Defense Department has never defended an eyelash of me, instead preferring to guard remote outposts halfway around the world in the name of cheap oil -- and have you been at the pump lately? The Department of Education churns morons out of our schools. The FCC has spent millions of our dollars defending us from Janet Jackson's rather attractive boobies in the name of public decency. The State Department funds nations that never did anything for us, to the tune of zillions of dollars, and those it cannot fund are messed with internally -- unless we're both screwing with them and funding them. The CIA is messing with internal US agencies, in violation of its charter, and to what end? These are the people behind some of the biggest cocaine deals in history. Don't even get me started on the damage wreaked by Monsanto corporation, with the full cooperation of many of its puppets and former employees in government. Increasing regulations from all bureaus of government have increased the cost of business to the point where almost all our real work happens overseas. Tampering with the value of the dollar by the Federal Reserve, in cahoots with a spendthrift Congress and a Treasury department headed by a string of economic morons has put our last resource, our money, at risk.

So long as people subscribe to the ridiculous idea that our federal government is somehow the same thing as "our country", and somehow synonymous with the Constitution that has gone almost completely ignored by Left, Right, and even the Tea Party in their blinder moments, this behavior is only going to get worse. Perhaps it's time to start imagining a future that does not include the federal government. They're blind, insane, and out of control -- and every idealist sent in to "improve" and "reform" the bloody mess ends up making it worse. The American people have long been part of an economic workhorse that powers and generates this whole "Guns and Butter" mentality in DC, with them somehow believing that they know better than the rest of us, *are* better than the rest of us, and frankly own us. If this controlling, abusive behavior continues, that workhorse is going to be crushed to death, and we will sit here, blind, broke, and ignorant, starving in the land of the formerly free and currently cowardly.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: TSA workers face verbal abuse from travelers Nov 23, 2010, 01:08 Cutter

Heroes of Liberty? LOL! More like Minimum Wagers who couldn't even cut it in Fast Food. How anyone can possibly feel safter with tools like this supposed to be security is beyond me. It's all just political theater. In this case the TSA cronies are getting their share of looting the treasury with this nonsense.

And when this all finally gets enough and the airlines start to tank once again they'll be there once more with their grubby little hands out all while John Q. Taxpayer bends over obediently to take it sans lube once more. Welcome to Griftopia.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: TSA workers face verbal abuse from travelers Nov 23, 2010, 00:05 Veinman

The TSA and the airlines can fuck themselves. I will NEVER let one of those Heroes of Liberty search my children.  

1. Re: TSA workers face verbal abuse from travelers Nov 22, 2010, 23:20 Pumas

Fuck you, Stewart Baker. Every employee is the face of every organization. I pick up garbage. Do you honestly think that if my employer instituted a new policy where I was to dump a can of trash on a person's yard if they refused to bag it...that ANYONE would give a shit that I'm just doing my job?

The second the TSA stops dumping trash on our lawn is the second their employees stop getting berated.

The American public is not what it used to be. We are not nearly as willing as our ancestors to get bloody to protect our rights and freedoms. But if you push hard enough, you'll find that the People will find it necessary to push back.

The sad part of 9/11 is that it scared the country so much that the People became willing to sacrifice liberty for safety. We gave our government much more power than it ought to have. But those who have power want only to gain more power...and they are finally pushing to far. They best watch themselves lest they burst the dam of public anger.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo