Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Blackout Announced

SG Interactive announces Project Blackout, a free-to-play online first-person shooter that's expected to enter open beta testing next month. The Project Blackout Website is online with screenshots and a teaser trailer. Here's word: "Project Blackout tasks players with joining one of the two factions trying to control the country of Korogese. After rising to become a global power at a meteoric rate, the massive corporations responsible for the country’s success now seek to control the government and deprive the population of the right to bear arms. Aegis Inc., a powerful, highly trained, para-military group was formed by the corporations in order to create this utopian society. From the groups of civilian rebels arose the Corps, a skilled militia that holds to their rights as citizens and the upholders of the original Korogesian government. Players must take on the role of either an Aegis utopian or a civilian rebel as the struggle reaches a boiling point. Which side will stand victorious after the smoke clears? Only time will tell."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Project Blackout Announced Nov 21, 2010, 13:36 space captain

how about a game where nobody is the good guy, like it is in real life  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ugh Nov 21, 2010, 13:34 wtf_man

Dreagon wrote on Nov 21, 2010, 00:53:
Another evil corporation. Just once it would be cool to see somebody do something original...or even radical like make the corporation the good guy and the government the bad guys.

Just once.

Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America, and then Team America goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money.

(Tim Robbins Character: Team America World Police)

10. Re: Project Blackout Announced Nov 21, 2010, 12:38 [VG]Reagle

I for one am totally sick of this FPS crap. We like things like last stand and squads and having one team be aliens and vehicles and COOP and new game play ideas and hot chicks with big boobs and friend lists but even my dog could crap a better game then this.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2010, 12:46.

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

9. Re: Project Blackout Announced Nov 21, 2010, 10:47 eRe4s3r

Or put differently, its gonna the same boring linear fps gameplay as usual. How can anyone still stand this crap? I got bored to tears playing MOH and the new cod (only seen at a friends) is like whack-a-mole with armed moles.

FPS games are dead!

8. Re: Ugh Nov 21, 2010, 10:46 ColoradoHoudini

Was that game made in 1998 and just getting released now? Good lord that looks ugly. Also, that weapon outro..garbage.

7. Re: Ugh Nov 21, 2010, 09:15 LittleMe

Yeah the graphics look like something in-between HL2 and TF2. Agreed with others above, I don't care about the cliche' plot. The gameplay is all that matters and I'm not too inspired by the screenshots. Yay, we have another shooter that looks dumbed down for hyperactive teenagers.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2010, 09:56.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

6. Ugh Nov 21, 2010, 00:53 Dreagon

Another evil corporation. Just once it would be cool to see somebody do something original...or even radical like make the corporation the good guy and the government the bad guys.

Just once.

------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

5. Re: Project Blackout Announced Nov 21, 2010, 00:01 space captain

damn that was clever  
Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: Project Blackout Announced Nov 20, 2010, 20:40 Ruffiana

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 20, 2010, 17:59:
Stupid games have stupid plots. Its a fps do we really need to know all this crap about a supposed plot? How about telling how the freaking game play is going to be?

Just going on on a limb here, but my guess would be that you use the mouse to move some sort of targetting reticle around on the screen while simultaneously using a combination of keys to navigate and move around a virtual environemt, and then rapidly press the mouse button until what you're aiming at dies.

3. Re: Project Blackout Announced Nov 20, 2010, 19:30 Trevellian

The trailer made me LOL
Really, this is supposed to make me want to play the game?
The weapon spotlights in the trailer were hilarious. Who cares what weapons the game has if the gameplay sucks.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

2. Re: Project Blackout Announced Nov 20, 2010, 18:17 Joss

Can I suggest a fresh-out-of-the-oven Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll with a cup of coffee? It's pure heaven and it makes me happy. Try it.  

1. Re: Project Blackout Announced Nov 20, 2010, 17:59 [VG]Reagle

Stupid games have stupid plots. Its a fps do we really need to know all this crap about a supposed plot? How about telling how the freaking game play is going to be?  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo