Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 19, 2010, 11:01 MrBone

The Droid is a dog. Good luck Woz with your prediction. haha.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2010, 23:54 John

space captain wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 14:01:
you missed the best part about android and the reason it will be the dominant platform.. its tied to google - its so integrated its like another appendage

And that's why they must fail.

This space is available for rent

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2010, 17:06 Wowbagger_TIP

Enahs wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 13:44:
Windows Phone 7 has the advantage that many companies are making the phone, marketing different features (bigger screen, better speakers, thinner and longer battery, better camera, etc, etc) at varying different prices on ALL networks. And their baseline requirements and configs are more specified while still allowing for variability in hardware (and pricing); which means developers should not have the same trouble as they are facing now with Android.
Wonder if it'll stay that way after several versions. If so, will it still be able to effectively compete with Android on features? I think it will probably find its niche and we'll just have another mobile OS to choose from. Different people care about different things after all, so there's probably room for more.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2010, 16:53 Jdrez

Woz was apparently misquoted: http://goo.gl/wYh80  

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2010, 14:01 space captain

Enahs wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 13:44:
Android is nice, in that there is varying hardware for different styles and such; but they suffer from a huge problem; their minimum requirements and requirements for certain aspects of the kernel is very lax; and it is starting to cause huge problems for developers.

Windows Phone 7 has the advantage that many companies are making the phone,

you missed the best part about android and the reason it will be the dominant platform.. its tied to google - its so integrated its like another appendage

Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2010, 14:00 Verno

It is annoying that Windows Phone 7 dumbed down from the previous version, but it has the largest potential right now if they advertise it correct and hard and support the developers of apps and games.

What's the royalty situation for manufacturers with WP7? Last I heard they weren't happy because Microsoft wanted to charge royalty fees or something along those lines.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2010, 13:57 Tumbler

Android is nice, in that there is varying hardware for different styles and such; but they suffer from a huge problem; their minimum requirements and requirements for certain aspects of the kernel is very lax; and it is starting to cause huge problems for developers.

I think apps were simply a control device for apple. Now that Android gives me so much functionality on web pages I rarely use apps. The android phone is an excellent way to access the internet in the palm of your hand. You don't need these stupid apps to do it. Sometimes the apps are nice but developers should just make a web page with the functionality they want and then poof people on android can use it.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2010, 13:44 Enahs

If Microsoft really invests money into courting developers and helping get apps out, I suspect they will dominate.

Apple is Apple, no longer innovating, just regurgitating; and their hardware is limited.

Windows Phone 7 has the advantage that many companies are making the phone, marketing different features (bigger screen, better speakers, thinner and longer battery, better camera, etc, etc) at varying different prices on ALL networks. And their baseline requirements and configs are more specified while still allowing for variability in hardware (and pricing); which means developers should not have the same trouble as they are facing now with Android.

It is annoying that Windows Phone 7 dumbed down from the previous version, but it has the largest potential right now if they advertise it correct and hard and support the developers of apps and games.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2010, 12:30 Bet

Woz is an evil genius that never learned to hate the world and so we're left with a fun genius instead.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo