Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Fable 3 Not Dead

Lionhead Studios tweets with word that Fable 3 is still in development for PCs, so they seem to understand they have not been very forthcoming with details on the Windows edition of their RPG sequel. This may not change soon, though, as word is: "Fable 3 PC Version is still in development here at Lionhead so PC GAMERS don't panic. We'll announce details when we're ready to do so." Thanks Eurogamer.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 19, 2010, 02:06 Jerykk

If they won't add, everyone will say, they're not moving forward, if they remove some of it, people will start crying about dumbing down their game.

Except they aren't really adding anything. They're just removing the UI and replacing it with a tiny level where you have to actually walk to your map and inventory items. I'm pretty sure nobody considers this to be a welcome addition to the game, as it's just a a slower and more cumbersome way to do the same things that a UI does.

There's a silly misconception amongst some developers (like Lionhead) that UI should be completely abolished no matter what the cost. It's pretty retarded logic. UI is fine as long as its intuitive, efficient and tells the player what they want to know. Nobody is going to criticize a well-designed UI.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 17:33 Goomich

Jerykk wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 04:35:
It's called progress.

Sarcasm, I hope? Turning a quick and simple process into a slow and tedious process doesn't quite qualify as progress.

Yes on the sarcasm part, but in games progress = add more stuff.
If they won't add, everyone will say, they're not moving forward, if they remove some of it, people will start crying about dumbing down their game.

24. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 11:04 Elessar

necrosis wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 21:25:
By the time it does come out it will be dead. Even the die hard PC people will have bought or played it on 360 by then because they are stick of waiting.
Not true for all. I have a 360, ps3 and most importantly patience. There's plenty of other games to play and stuff to do, I won't be sick of waiting. I'll gladly wait for a hi-rez version for the PC. Hopefully it won't be a bad port.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

23. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 10:35 killer_roach

Lorcin wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 07:52:
about as funny as a 90 minute lecture on economics.

You sell the dismal science short, sir.

22. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 10:33 necrosis

ibm wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 08:55:
I still think it's good they are even releasing this on the PC, however if it's released any where near Dragon Age 2 or Witcher 2 it'll fail hard(er)
Fixed.

21. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 09:51 nin

time for microsoft to announce another "recommitment to pc gaming", it's been a few months since the last one.

"Cmon baby, take me back! It'll be different! I won't even hit you this time!

Baby?

BABY!"

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 08:55 ibm

I still think it's good they are even releasing this on the PC, however if it's released any where near Dragon Age 2 or Witcher 2 it'll fail hard(er)  

19. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 08:42 Verno

I'm not panicking but I'd certainly like to see PC versions of Fable 2 and 3. If you play them as action-adventure games instead of RPGs then they are quite fun and humorous. I don't know where people got the idea that Fable has to be some crazy CRPG, the first game wasn't even a CRPG. We might as well tell Blizzard not to make Diablo because it isn't Baldur's Gate. They are very tongue in cheek, casual action adventure games with some lite RPG aspects. Fable 2 was a great game, it just needed some more polish. Fable 3 on the other hand I hear that they totally screwed up the UI which is really disappointing. I'd still like to give a whirl though and more games on the PC can only be a good thing, particularly well known ones.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

18. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 08:29 Bhruic

I wonder where they got the idea that any PC GAMERS were panicking?  

17. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 08:07 Rilcon

Well I personally DISAGREE. A "normal" menu system would have likely been better, especially for PC, but I'm comparing to the Fable 1 and 2 menus here.

As for the game being short, it depends on what you do. My first time through I just blitzed through the main quest in about 8 hours. Second time now I'm roughly a third through the game, actually doing sidequests and exploring, and have put another 16 hours into it.

Meh, I find it fun. I'm not playing it expecting a game like BG2, just a some hack and slash with some minor stat building and exploration.

16. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 07:52 Lorcin

Would actually be better dead - that way at least it could come back as a zombie which would probably be prettier and move more fluidly than fable 3.

And no Rilcon the menu system in 3 was HORRIBLE. Then again the whole game was pretty poor - no character development, very short, as emotionally gripping as twilight and about as funny as a 90 minute lecture on economics.

I think the only reason I bothered completely it was it made a real change to sit on the sofa rather than my desk.

If it does come out on PC - avoid!

15. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 05:08 Rilcon

Jerykk wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 04:35:
It's called progress.

Sarcasm, I hope? Turning a quick and simple process into a slow and tedious process doesn't quite qualify as progress.

Compared to the nightmare that were the Fable 1 (PC) and 2's menus, 3's are silly fast and easy to navigate. There's a lot of stuff in the game I disagree with, but the menus are a big step forward from the previous game in pretty much all aspects as far as I'm concerned.

14. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 04:35 Jerykk

It's called progress.

13. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 04:07 Goomich

Jerykk wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 22:46:
In addition, they had this retarded notion that forcing a player to walk through hallways to check their inventory and map was somehow more efficient than a standard UI.

It's called progress.

12. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 03:23 Rilcon

Well I quite liked all three games, and am still replaying the latest. Chances are I'll rebuy it on PC if it gets any worthwhile additions.  

11. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 00:56 Icewind

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 23:34:
Fable 2 was a better game anyways.

Yeah, but even by basic RPG standards it was still a steaming shit pile. It made Oblivion look deep and challenging, which is a monumental feat.

Also I hate all the PETA crap. Best part was when your dog died. I clapped during that scene.

I only wish I could have killed it myself right after I started the game.

10. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 17, 2010, 23:34 Verno

Fable 2 was a better game anyways.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

9. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 17, 2010, 23:30 Prez

I haven't been keeping up - I didn't know that this was rumored to be dead. I guess it's because I've long since given up paying attention to anything of Peter Molyneux's.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 17, 2010, 22:46 Jerykk

Didn't care much for Fable and it looks like Fable 3 is even worse, as they've completely stripped out all of the RPG elements. In addition, they had this retarded notion that forcing a player to walk through hallways to check their inventory and map was somehow more efficient than a standard UI.  

7. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 17, 2010, 22:23 Nucas

time for microsoft to announce another "recommitment to pc gaming", it's been a few months since the last one.  

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo