Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2010, 09:47 nin

Allright, I watched the trailer again last night, and it was slightly better. But still goofy...can't stand RR, and the idea of Blake Dumbass as a fighter pilot is a fucking riot.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2010, 00:37 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 22:50:
kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 22:21:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 20:51:
"And tinfoil hats. Can't forget those!"

Your a tool!

Everyone know tinfoil hats INCREASE paranoia, whats all the new rage is plastic wrap balaclavas, you can leave them on while you sleep!

Thank for you correcting me. I might have suffered a fate worse than death! Where can I get plastic wrap balaclavas?

I prefer the classic yellow Colander

Cute! It's shaped like a lemon! Who says protecting your mind from paranoia can't be stylish?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 23:47 Prez

The nice thing about tin-foil hats is that virtually every household in the world has the means to make one (or dozens) should the need for them arise. The rest of that junk is too exotic. And the notion that they increase paranoia is a myth that has long since been proven wrong by paranoid wack-jobs all over. Me, I'd like to see Myth Busters have a go at them.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 22:50 Sepharo

kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 22:21:

Your a tool!

Everyone know tinfoil hats INCREASE paranoia, whats all the new rage is plastic wrap balaclavas, you can leave them on while you sleep!

Thank for you correcting me. I might have suffered a fate worse than death! Where can I get plastic wrap balaclavas?

I prefer the classic yellow Colander

edit: Yes I know it has holes but they are one way for exhaust.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 22:21 Kxmode

Your a tool!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 20:51 Kosumo

Your a tool!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 17:18 space captain

kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 10:49:
George Lucas once said "A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing."

Lucas didnt say that, he stole it from someone else

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 17:01 Kxmode

JoeNapalm wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 15:36:
kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 14:02:
Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 13:33:
George Lucas once said "A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing."

Then George promptly forgot he ever said that, and made Episodes 1-3.

I know right?! But I think it's okay to say he's lost his mind in the decades after those comments.

My theory? Kidnapped, replaced by a doppleganger.

Possibly an android.

Could be Skynet, attempting to sap our will to live.

Or, Bill Gates. Just as likely.

Trust no one. Keep your laser handy!

And tinfoil hats. Can't forget those!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 16:38 PHJF

Am I the only one who clicked that link expecting to see Seth Rogen?

Too many green things these days.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 16:29 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 13:45:
Yeah, the CG looks pretty bad.

I agree, especially with his Eyes when he has the mask on, they look... Roger Rabbit'ish.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 15:36 JoeNapalm

kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 14:02:

I know right?! But I think it's okay to say he's lost his mind in the decades after those comments.

My theory? Kidnapped, replaced by a doppleganger.

Possibly an android.

Could be Skynet, attempting to sap our will to live.

Or, Bill Gates. Just as likely.

Trust no one. Keep your laser handy!

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 14:02 Kxmode

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 13:58 nin

I'm really stoked to see the first trailers for Thor

I had absolutely 0 interest in seeing Thor, but the bootleg trailer from a con this year really changed my mind. It actually looked halfway decent, I thought..

Think this was it, or very similar... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=merRJOLaB6k

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 13:45 Cutter

Yeah, the CG looks pretty bad. And I love RR, but I don't think he's right for GL. The only worst miscast seems to be Chris Evans as Captain America. I like Evans alright, but again, entirely wrong for the part. He looks the part, but Cap is a pretty serious fella which Evans seems to be anything but. At least Cap's costume looks better.
I'm really stoked to see the first trailers for Thor and Namor though. Please don't suck!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 13:33 Creston

Creston

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 12:39 Ray Marden

I think Green Lantern could be interesting given his overall setup (tied to a ring that's tied to a lantern, one of many, universal diversity, the mythos, etc.,) but the trailer just makes this seem totally goofy.

ZOMG look at me! So funny! WOO HOO RANDOM HOLLYWOOD EXPLOSION! Dude, I can totally get the chicks. This ro><!

A lot of the comic fans were really playing this up, but...damn. It felt like I was watching FF or DD, but with Van Wilder.
And he can act decently; this is obviously commercialized fluff.
Thinking the CG could use some work, too,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 11:22 Bill Borre

I think it looks good. Nice to see the other lanterns in there since when I think of GL I think of the Corps and not just Hal. I hope they're not limited to cameos.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 10:49 Kxmode

full-length Green Lantern trailer

George Lucas once said "A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing." The trouble with these Superhero movies is they lack story. People go to see them for the special effects. And it's BORING!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 10:48 Reactor

The Green Lantern is who he is (and he's awesome), and I'm glad they've kept him close to the source material. And, the suit is fully CG, so I think you'll find it'll look a lot better than a Daredevil's spandex suit on the big screen.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2010, 10:38 Verno

InBlack wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 10:22:
I like superheroes just like every other guy. But for the life of me there is no way I can get excited about film with a guy in a green spandex suit that calls himself the Green Lantern....

Agreed, much like Daredevil there isn't enough actual superhero for me to get excited about. If you're going to give me escapist fantasy material then I generally want something better than dude in spandex. I can go watch joggers if I really want the equivalent experience.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo