Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2010, 17:45 Nucas

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 23:08:
I still think it's funny we're bitching about sixty dollar games when they'd be $150 by now if they actually followed the inflation curve like everything else.

just like everything else, including the average hourly wage, right? that's tripled in the last 20 years, right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2010, 17:29 Golwar

Oh come on THQ. Stop talking, move a major part of the content to DLC and then wait for the results. Don't expect me to pay more for the same content, however you distribute it. I simply don't believe their promise to deliver an eqal high quality game for 1/3 less when they mention monetizing threw DLC in the same sentence. Drop the prize, monetize by targeting a far larger audience - accepted. Anything else - get lost.  

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2010, 00:02 Kxmode

www.gamesindustry.biz login
HelloDolly@trash2009.com
xc4tblc

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 23:08 Dr. D. Schreber

I still think it's funny we're bitching about sixty dollar games when they'd be $150 by now if they actually followed the inflation curve like everything else.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 23:07 Hyatus

$80? I was around then, too, but I don't remember them being that high. You talking Canadian dollars or something?  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 21:46 Wallshadows

To be fair, I remember when Sin and Mortal Kombat 3 were $79.99. Now, games are "cheaper" but it's becoming more and more popular to release DLC content to boot it back up to where the price was 10 or 15 years ago.

Sure, it used to be optional and even before that there used to be expansion packs but now it feels like the content is being split up or cut out to fuel DLC to nickle and dime the customers to death on minor content which should have either been put in the game or created by modders.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo