Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2010, 23:26 avianflu

Have to agree that DT5 will likely have lots of DLC that should have been in the game in the first place.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Gran Turismo 5 release date confirmed Nov 13, 2010, 12:14 WiillyWonka

No more talk about GT5 release date... I've been waiting to buy a PS3 just for GT5 (and other stuff) but the game keeps getting delayed. I don't trust this new release date until Sony airdrops a copy to my front door on the day.  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 19:09 killer_roach

Bumpy wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 13:19:
lack of many manufacturers (Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vector, others).

Perhaps to focus on manufacturers that actually still exist?

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 18:54 Alak

I love how GT is the 'real driving simulator' but none of the damn buttons work on the steering wheel in the ferrari. Thats half the car right there!  

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 16:50 Verno

I age backwards Clown  

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 16:20 Kxmode

mch wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 12:39:
Verno wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 11:26:
I don't even care anymore. It's the fifth iteration in a racing series that feels largely unchanged in the past eight years. It was delayed so many times I pretty much gave up on it and discovered that it was one of those cases where the hype is more interesting than the actual product.

Interesting that you "discovered" that before it was released.

Maybe Verno is a time-traveler.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 15:48 Flatline

Bumpy wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 13:19:
GT5 is already underwhelming. No cockpit view for 80%(about 800) of the cars, weather only on 11 of the 74 tracks, day/night only on 5 tracks, usual over saturation of Jap cars, damage is a total joke compared to current standards and lack of many manufacturers (Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vector, others).

As long as this has been in the making, I expect a complete product but too much is already lacking right out of the box.

I read this as they're going to rape fanboys for all the DLC that they can get their grubby paws on. Starting with more weather and more cockpit views.

And to the person that mention they included cart racing:

On a tangent, I'm surprised that Nintendo hasn't sold a 5 dollar DLC that allows you to disable the blue shell in Mario Kart. I suspect every single copy of the game would buy that extra DLC, even as they bitched and complained about it.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 14:31 space captain

Two Worlds 2 is surprisingly good  
Go forth, and kill!

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 14:28 Yosemite Sam

Finally, sweet, definate buy for me... packed as much content as they could into this one, its gonna rock.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 13:23 LittleMe

Racing games need to make the player feel like he's truly interacting with a car otherwise it's fail. Subtle combination of good camera angles and movement, sound, handling, etc.. no?

Perpetual debt is slavery.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 13:20 mch

Hey, at least they added cart racing!  
PSN: CaseDesignate

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 13:19 Bumpy

GT5 is already underwhelming. No cockpit view for 80%(about 800) of the cars, weather only on 11 of the 74 tracks, day/night only on 5 tracks, usual over saturation of Jap cars, damage is a total joke compared to current standards and lack of many manufacturers (Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vector, others).

As long as this has been in the making, I expect a complete product but too much is already lacking right out of the box.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 13:16 Verno

I was just kidding around, sorry forgot the smiley there, I didn't think you were being insulting or something

I was a big fan of GT3 as well but these days I seem to peter out with them pretty quickly, not sure if I'm just outgrowing the series or the series isn't changing enough.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 12:58 mch

Verno wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 12:54:

GT5 Prologue captain smarmypants. I mean that I seem to enjoy the buildup to the GT series more than I seem to get use out of the actual games but after this many iterations even that's faltered.

I've spent a grand total of 2 hours with GT5 Prologue, I think I'm just spent on those games.

Ah, I gotcha. And I didn't consider Prologue...just the crappy time trial "demo" they put out.

I understand where you're coming from on the more-of-the-same front, but I'm still interested I think. It'll be nice to have a GT on a current-gen console. I played the hell out of GT3.

And you're right. Pretty smarmy. My apologies...bored Fridays

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 12:54 Verno

GT5 Prologue captain smarmypants. I mean that I seem to enjoy the buildup to the GT series more than I seem to get use out of the actual games but after this many iterations even that's faltered.

I've spent a grand total of 2 hours with GT5 Prologue, I think I'm just spent on those games.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 12:39 mch

Verno wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 11:26:
I don't even care anymore. It's the fifth iteration in a racing series that feels largely unchanged in the past eight years. It was delayed so many times I pretty much gave up on it and discovered that it was one of those cases where the hype is more interesting than the actual product.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 11:26 Verno

1. Re: Gran Turismo 5 release date confirmed Nov 12, 2010, 11:00 mch

Hmmm. That's in time for Black Friday, but I'll believe it when I see it.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo