Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne

A story on Nerdvana reports that the Maricopa County Superior Court has ruled on a lawsuit against Dark Comet Games and Fresh Start Studios and returned the online shooter Stargate Resistance and the frequently delayed MMORPG Stargate Worlds to Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, who lost the properties when they went into receivership. They report the judge also appointed a new receiver for CME, but the return of Stargate Worlds may turn out to be a hollow victory, as they also say MGM Studios has terminated Cheyenne's license to produce video games based on the Stargate property, which would include the incomplete project, but not Stargate Resistance, which is already released. They paraphrase Cheyenne Mountain chairman and CEO Gary Whiting telling them the new receiver is trying to save the Stargate license. Thanks Mike Martinez via Slashdot.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 11, 2010, 04:51 space captain

KilrathiAce wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 03:33:
sgu will be done soon, you can smell stink of death with this show.

its possible but the newly risen MGM 2.0 plans to bank on SG in a big way

Most significantly for Stargate fans, MGM said that it plans to retain all of its assets during the procedures and to raise around $500 million in new capital after emerging from Chapter 11, to fund operations including production of a new slate of films and television series.

they may end up sacking SGU for another "lighter" series like the previous iterations..

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 11, 2010, 03:33 KilrathiAce

sgu will be done soon, you can smell stink of death with this show. They usually have 2-3 terrible episodes and 1 good in between. Oh and this show should of been called Communication Stones Universe and not Stargate.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

10. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 23:54 space captain

i dunno, it certainly seemed like the first episodes were ALL ABOUT the sappy emotionalism and random daily minutiae .. whereas now its just a side theme for the most part, what with the aliens/infection/ship decoding/etc taking the center stage.. the reveal about destiny's "mission" was a bit of a *grumble* moment but maybe they can work that out some more  
Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 23:39 Sepharo

I feel like you have it in reverse.

First season eps ended with the slow motion acoustic doin-shit-around-the-ship and second season has had the too much sappy drama stuff.

I mean, the Eli's Mom and Camile's girlfriend episode was pretty damn pointless.

It was neat to see Eli's mom get a tour on the ship though. Other than that, that episode was pretty terrible in my opinion.

I don't want to complain too much. I still really like the show, I just wish more would happen sometimes.

8. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 21:50 space captain

Sepharo wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 19:12:
I'm still watching both Caprica and SG:U and they both get like that waaay more often than they should. But I guess they need to stretch the main plot out so as to not burn through the good parts too quickly.

SGU was definitely like that in the the first half of last season, but since then they have toned it down.. its more like other standard procedural-drama type shows at this point

one annoying thing is that its starting to seem like almost every episode ends with a slow-motion montage of people doing things around the ship, while some soulful acoustic indie song plays in the background.. that shit is getting OLD

Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 21:44 Alamar

'Math Boy' got some!

WOOT

-Alamar

6. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 19:12 Sepharo

space captain wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 17:15:
Caprica was more like "Days of our Lives" than anything resembling sci-fi

I'm still watching both Caprica and SG:U and they both get like that waaay more often than they should. But I guess they need to stretch the main plot out so as to not burn through the good parts too quickly.

5. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 17:50 pacbowl

Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 16:58:
Indeed.

Too funny. Channeling Teal'c?

4. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 17:15 space captain

Caprica was more like "Days of our Lives" than anything resembling sci-fi  
Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 16:58 Cutter

Indeed. Does anyone really care about this IP anymore, if they ever did. I still think the movie was so-so, and the TV series were just beyond bad from what little I saw of them.

And yet, and intelligent show like Caprica gets canned before it gets a chance to grow. Sigh.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 16:39 Nucas

nearly 13 years on and still no one has managed to release a single good goddamn game based on this property?  

1. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 15:05 fujiJuice

I would say just give up at this point.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo