Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 Maintenance Tuesday

The Team Fortress 2 Blog announces plans for Team Fortress 2 scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, and while the teamplay shooter will still be playable while that's underway, certain features will be unavailable until it is complete. Here's word:

This coming Tuesday November 9th, 2010 the TF2 item system will be down for maintenance starting at 1pm PST and ending at approximately 2:30PST. We are significantly increasing the amount of database horsepower behind TF2 to accommodate all the recent additions to the system. During this maintenance the following TF2 features will be unavailable:

> Backpacks
        > Crafting
        > Trading
        > The MannCo store
        > Loadouts

The game itself will continue to work. All players will have their default appearance and weapons.

To keep abreast of the status of this and future TF2 item maintenance, subscribe to this thread in the TF2 forum.

Note to developers using the TF2 Item Web API: As part of this maintenance all item IDs will change to eliminate negative IDs. We will be shifting all item IDs forward by 2100000. Depending on what data you store in your database, you may need to do the same.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: TF2 Maintenance Tuesday Nov 6, 2010, 16:42 Tom

Hey, it was good while it lasted. I got a couple hundred hours of fun out of it, which is more than I can say for most games. It's sad to see it go down like this, but there are also plenty of other games out there that need playing.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: TF2 Maintenance Tuesday Nov 6, 2010, 16:32 ViRGE

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 16:07:
I really, really hate what this game has become. As a veteren with over 650+ hours in, I cannot get myself back into this game no matter how hard I try.

The constant items of unbalanced community items, hats, and other stupid things(an NPC boss?) basically ruins any desire to try and get back into the game. Oh yea, why the fuck would crafting be in a god damn arena shooter?

It's no longer Team Fortress 2.
Here here.

7. Re: TF2 Maintenance Tuesday Nov 6, 2010, 16:07 Rattlehead

I really, really hate what this game has become. As a veteren with over 650+ hours in, I cannot get myself back into this game no matter how hard I try.

The constant items of unbalanced community items, hats, and other stupid things(an NPC boss?) basically ruins any desire to try and get back into the game. Oh yea, why the fuck would crafting be in a god damn arena shooter?

It's no longer Team Fortress 2.

6. Re: TF2 Maintenance Tuesday Nov 6, 2010, 15:42 mag

The soldier + black box is pretty much the only class anyone plays anymore, it seems. Every server I go to, half of each team is soldier + gunboots, equalizer, black box. It's pretty ridiculous. Constant stream of rocket-spamming self-healing soldiers. Pretty much impossible to do anything unless you're a demo+shield (though the soldiers will still crit every third rocket or so, so you'll still *usually* die) or a spy+cloak&dagger--but the C&D is either nerfed or bugged lately so that about 50% of the time a second rocket will still kill you despite the damage reduction.

I'm not bitter.

5. Re: TF2 Maintenance Tuesday Nov 6, 2010, 15:40 eRe4s3r

This marks the first time ever that TF2 is properly balanced. Too bad it involves shutting down 90% of the game ,p  

4. Re: TF2 Maintenance Tuesday Nov 6, 2010, 15:38 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 15:17:
I went 12-0 during the first round on Viaduct last night.

As a spy.

And I topped one of the best players in my server (by a large margin) as soldier.

Crowngrin

But you also play the hell out of the game....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: TF2 Maintenance Tuesday Nov 6, 2010, 15:17 PHJF

I went 12-0 during the first round on Viaduct last night.

As a spy.

And I topped one of the best players in my server (by a large margin) as soldier.

Crowngrin

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: TF2 Maintenance Tuesday Nov 6, 2010, 14:57 xXBatmanXx

fawker wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 14:25:
this game seemed to be to arcade-ish to me.. you rarely have a chance to survive for the second kill

It has gotten ridiculous.
As someone who doesn't spend a lot of time in the game - when I DO play, I am so underpowered it ceases to be fun...

Although Halloween was a blast!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: TF2 Maintenance Tuesday Nov 6, 2010, 14:25 fawker

this game seemed to be to arcade-ish to me.. you rarely have a chance to survive for the second kill  

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo