Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The changing of the seasons has been particularly rough for Hudson the wonder dog, who suffers from the skin allergies that afflict so many terriers. She has started chewing at herself, and has removed quite a bit of hair, and given herself a nasty hotspot at the base of her tail. We'll probably take her into the Vet next week, but in the meantime in an effort towards minimizing the damage she does to herself, we have picked up some children's sized boxer shorts for her to wear to cover the hotspot and other itchy areas. The funny thing about that is that most men will tell you that the fly in their underwear is pretty useless, but it comes in pretty handy for a dog's tail as long as the shorts are put on backwards.

R.I.P.: Jill Clayburgh 1944--2010. Thanks Mike Martinez.

Itchy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Kid Krusader.
Echoes: Operation Stranglehold.
Sharp Trigger.
Stories: If He Only Had Grave: An Effort to Honor Toto From 'Wizard of Oz'.
How Much Would You Pay for Crack Pie?
Science: Electric current to the brain 'boosts maths ability'. OC your brain. Thanks Slashdot.
New York Teen, Discovers The Secret To Scoring Highly [sic] On The SAT Test.
The 50 Greatest Hot Pokemon Cosplay Pics.
Foot Note.
Media: Turn Back Your Clocks. NSFW.
Follow-up: Dead coral near BP spill called 'smoking gun'.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2010, 17:56 Cholma

I'm in my 40s and until recently, I've never even heard of anyone NOT using the fly. Unless you're hung like a horse or like a flea (and can't find it), there's no reason NOT to use the fly. It's super convenient. Wearing BDU's*, suits, jeans or shorts, it's far easier to use the fly.

* I guess the latest Army uniforms are called ASU's or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2010, 09:09 PHJF

I just got here and new posts don't have any asterisks at all  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2010, 01:10 Sepharo

Damn did DST mess with my cookies?

No matter how many times I click these threads the red stars aren't going away.

I'm logged in and definetly not hitting "back".

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2010, 01:19 PHJF

Thanks for the update. Be sure and keep us posted with all future menstrual cycle happenings.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 23:22 Rattlehead

Aww gross one of the broads in my dorm left a bloody tampon in the toilet, water was light red and everything.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 22:26 Beamer

By "pull your dick out" he's not talking about Brett Favre... he's talking about "to pee" (I'm assuming). And I can't think of a single situation where it would make more sense to pee thru your fly instead of just pull the boxers down (mine you, just pulling the front down to the bottom of your jewels, nothing more than that).

Shirt tucked in, belt on, zip fly. Finding your way through all that to lower the elastic is much slower than just unzipping and reaching in.

That's the one single situation.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 21:36 yonder

By "pull your dick out" he's not talking about Brett Favre... he's talking about "to pee" (I'm assuming). And I can't think of a single situation where it would make more sense to pee thru your fly instead of just pull the boxers down (mine you, just pulling the front down to the bottom of your jewels, nothing more than that).  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 19:44 Ratty

The hole in underwear was not designed to allow you to pull your dick out
Not according to Wikipedia

Briefs often feature a fly - a covered opening on the front of the garment which allows for convenience at urinals.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 16:17 Cutter

RIP Jill. I always liked her work. Oddly enough I just saw Semi-Tough and Silver Streak just recently too.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 15:57 Enahs

The hole in underwear was not designed to allow you to pull your dick out, it is an overlay patterns of material that is allowed to expand and contract to keep your dick and balls comfortable and in place with various expansions and contractions. As well as it made it one-size fits all balls and not have to deal with waste size and ball size at the same time.

The hole in the boxers was juts carried over for stupid sake.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 15:54 Enahs

Give her some benadryl for now Blue. Typically 1mg per pound of dog. And it can be given to them up to 3 times a day; but I would start with once. And go to the "dollar" store and buy the cheap stuff too!

There are as lots of over the counter anti-itch ointments that work quite well. This is all stuff you can do today and not wait. Besides preventing her from causing more damage to her self, she will be a lot happier by not being itchy!

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 15:40 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 15:37:
Nobody uses it, they just pull down their (elastic) shorts.

Not true. While in full uniform - I would have to take off all of my gear if I did that. But, it is the ONLY time in my life I have ever HAD to use the (what I used to think was worthless) hole in the front of the fruit of the looms.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 15:37 PHJF

Nobody uses it, they just pull down their (elastic) shorts.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 15:30 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Nov 6, 2010, 14:26:
The hole in front of virtually every pair of boxers or briefs, presumably meant to stick one's dick through.

Haha I know what the fly is... The hwat was directed at it being useless.

As your blunt description indicates, it has exactly one important use.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 14:53 Elvis

Ratty is right: pictures needed!  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 14:43 Ratty

This OotB is useless without pictures.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 14:26 PHJF

The hole in front of virtually every pair of boxers or briefs, presumably meant to stick one's dick through.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2010, 14:13 Sepharo

The funny thing about that is that most men will tell you that the fly in their underwear is pretty useless

Hwat?

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo