Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New AI Wars Expansion Next Month

The Arcen Games Website has an update on what's going on at this indie developer, following up on their charity initiative for the Children Of Neinzul micro-expansion for AI Wars to benefit charity and their financial difficulties. The post expands on previous discussions of their money crunch, and explains that giving the profits from their current project to Child's Play is not a the root of the problem. They go on to explain the actual reasons for their distress, and what they are doing to get back on course, announcing plans for Light of the Spire, another AI Wars expansion they expect to release in about a month. Here's word:

We're working on a new for-pay full expansion to AI War, called Light of the Spire, to be released in the first week of December. It's using a lot of the groundwork that we put in for 4.0, which is why we're able to do a full expansion in such a short period of time; we've been thinking on this for a while, and getting things ready. Clearly there's still a big appetite for AI War stuff, and we've got some seriously cool ideas for this one, too.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 19:57 Nate

Bought this game and then never played very far into the start.

Love 4x games but the UI on this one was a pain and the gameplay turned into work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 15:22 UConnBBall

Game blows is strong. How about "It's not for me." The game is a very long slow played out game.

I would say that every RTS or Strategy game is a Spreadsheet. Some hide it better then others. The game though is neat and the AI agro being out in the open makes it a neat game for me.

I say support the indie gamers if it even gives you a few hours of enjoyment. Personally I got about 20 hours and I hope to dive back in soon. Well worth the money.

4. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 14:25 Surf

Game blows. WAY too much micromanagement, basically an Excel sheet.  

3. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 12:04 Keilun

I recently purchased the game for me and my gf while on sale on Steam last weekend after hearing great things about it and more importantly noting the co-op play that it sports (not enough games seem to cater to co-op comp stomps these days).

We tried it that weekend and sad as it is, I'm having a really difficult time getting into the game. I'm not sure what it is. I don't feel like I have a good grasp of what I'm supposed to do after having played the tutorials. Maybe I haven't spent enough time with it, but as far as first impressions go, I can't say it's won me over. Really wish I could say otherwise as I'm a sucker for space strategy games, RTS or otherwise.

2. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 11:22 Wolfox

@UConnBBall There are reports that it runs fine under Wine now, so you might want to try that.  

1. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 10:39 UConnBBall

I think they should do a pay what you want promo or even a donation program. I got AI Wars for $5 bucks from steam and I got hours of play from it. Well worth every penny. Now if they had it working for Linux (Impossible I know with their choice of tools and language, but I would have gave them alot more for that.

Great game and VERY deep.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo