Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age Facebook Game

EA announces Dragon Age Legends, an upcoming free-to-play version of BioWare's fantasy-themed RPG planned for launch on the social networking website in February of next year. They say the game will offer "accessible and engaging tactical combat with compelling co-operative gameplay," and it will give gamers the chance to earn "exclusive unlocks" for Dragon Age II, the upcoming full-blown Dragon Age: Origins sequel. Word is: "Dragon Age Legends will give players their first taste of the Free Marches, the primary setting of Dragon Age II. Alongside their Facebook friends, players will take on challenging quests within an engaging storyline, earning loot, sharing rewards and growing their kingdom. The game will include a gratifying character customization and upgrade system that will allow players to tackle demons and darkspawn to become a legendary hero within the Dragon Age universe."

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Jan 26, 2011, 05:31 entr0py

Sepharo wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 01:14:
entr0py wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 23:23:
Verno wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 15:02:
You missed a few already, Dragon Age 2 looks like some shitty God of War clone with Mass Effect dialogue wheels. That game is dead to me.

I seriously think the fear of Consolitis has become some sort of hypochondria among PC gamers. How else could they think to complain about the dialogue options being in a wheel rather than a vertical list? Who could care about this?

Also, skill trees, basic auto attack, and queuing actions while paused are all confirmed; the God of War comparison is simply uninformed.

Welcome to the thread...

It's not the circular presentation of the dialogue options but the shortened/paraphrased, often unrepresentative wording of them. Also how the good option is always on top, the bad on the bottom, and the exploratory/asides on the side.

It's just boring.

I swear sometimes I choose something paraphrased and it comes out nearly opposite or in a surprising tone or nearly identical to an option I didn't pick.

Okay, that makes much more sense. I think that change has to do with having a voiced character. It would be dull to see the text, then hear the exact words spoken.

But to address your problem, Bioware mentioned in an interview that dialogue options will often have the intention in parenthesis, when it's not otherwise obvious. So you'll know if you're about to say something sarcastic or disapproving or whatever. Though you won't actually talk like an Elcor.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Jan 26, 2011, 01:14 Sepharo

entr0py wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 23:23:
You missed a few already, Dragon Age 2 looks like some shitty God of War clone with Mass Effect dialogue wheels. That game is dead to me.

I seriously think the fear of Consolitis has become some sort of hypochondria among PC gamers. How else could they think to complain about the dialogue options being in a wheel rather than a vertical list? Who could care about this?

Also, skill trees, basic auto attack, and queuing actions while paused are all confirmed; the God of War comparison is simply uninformed.

Welcome to the thread...

It's not the circular presentation of the dialogue options but the shortened/paraphrased, often unrepresentative wording of them. Also how the good option is always on top, the bad on the bottom, and the exploratory/asides on the side.

It's just boring.

I swear sometimes I choose something paraphrased and it comes out nearly opposite or in a surprising tone or nearly identical to an option I didn't pick.

20. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Jan 25, 2011, 23:23 entr0py

19. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 6, 2010, 06:10 Jerykk

This gives a pretty good indication of the market they are targeting for DA2.  

18. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 4, 2010, 06:45 wonkawonka

Agreed, Facebook is a no-no for me. Deleted (not disabled) my account many months ago, and I couldn't be happier.  

17. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 18:55 MattyC

Mmm hmm... This sounds like it will be lame, but who knows. I didn't think QuakeLive sounded all that awesome at first either. And it ended up being pretty great.  

16. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 17:40 TurdFergasun

video game revenue's are down!? i know the solution! more corporat BS and marketing crap. yay lets take whats choking the industry to death and turn it up to 11! fawkin right on!  

15. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 15:47 Akuinnen

Facebook? I guess I won't be trying this. I deleted my Facebook account and I still feel it was for the best. Narcissistic and invasive crap.  

14. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 15:35 Dev

I think this points out what new battlefield game is announced on friday. And that one guy might get his wish that it be released in 3 months.

A facebook BF game.

13. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 15:02 Verno

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

12. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 14:31 Icewind

So when will the Dragon Age 2 trailers featuring Marilyn Manson's latest single be released?

11. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 13:43 Luke

and here we go.....sigh  

10. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 12:38 Techie714 ©

peteham wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 12:22:
peteham and Morrigan are no longer in a relationship.

YES!!! Open season boys...

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 12:22 peteham

peteham and Morrigan are no longer in a relationship.  

8. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 12:16 Techie714 ©

Test  

Steam (ID)
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!

7. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 12:10 sauron

nin wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 11:26:
OT: You see that Trent managed to get his hands on the masters of "Pretty Hate Machine" and is re-releasing it 11/22?

Yep, I'm pretty excited. There's a pretty cool article about the change in artwork here: http://sleevage.com/nin-pretty-hate-machine/

I'm still waiting for the Uber-Edition of The Fragile, however...

I'll be looking out for it too - I really like NIN. The Fragile is also excellent and more of the same would be great.

Kittens!

6. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 11:26 nin

OT: You see that Trent managed to get his hands on the masters of "Pretty Hate Machine" and is re-releasing it 11/22?

Yep, I'm pretty excited. There's a pretty cool article about the change in artwork here: http://sleevage.com/nin-pretty-hate-machine/

I'm still waiting for the Uber-Edition of The Fragile, however...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 11:23 Creston

shul wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 11:15:
hopefully this time it won't be a half assed try at publicity..

You do realize it's EA you're talking about, right? AND it's a Bookface game. I'd say the odds of it being a half-assed try at publicity are about 100%.

Creston

4. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 11:15 Techie714 ©

@NIN

"I’m happy to finally announce the re-issue of the first Nine Inch Nails record “Pretty Hate Machine,” releasing worldwide 11/22. UMe and Bicycle Music Group managed to locate the original mixes, so I went in the studio with Tom Baker and remastered it for a greatly improved sonic experience. In addition, Rob reinterpreted Gary Talpas’ original cover to make for a fresh new package.

It’s been an interesting trip watching the fate of this record float from one set of hands to another (a long and depressing story) but it’s finally wound up in friendly territory, allowing us to polish it up a bit and present it to you now. We had fun revisiting this old friend, hope you enjoy.

TR"

Steam (ID)
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!

3. Re: Dragon Age Facebook Game Nov 3, 2010, 11:15 shul

hopefully this time it won't be a half assed try at publicity..  

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo