Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer

The Launch Trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops that debuted during yesterday's NFL broadcasts is now available online, showing off more of the military shooter sequel due on November 9. Set to the strain's of Gimme Shelter, the clip depicts various bits of cold war action and diplomacy, including a cameo of JFK.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 14:15 SpectralMeat

1 hour of MP gameplay on gamespot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDVm8yAGNpg&feature=player_embedded

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 13:39 space captain

the controller is mechanically inferior for FPS games.. its not just about preference

see how long it takes you to do a 180 spin with a controller, then try it with a mouse

also, the difference in variable motion from your wrist as opposed to your thumb is massive.. an analog stick cannot translate rapid changes from fast to slow movement in anything close to the same accuracy as a mouse

Go forth, and kill!

24. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 13:14 SpectralMeat

Some people are amazingly accurate with the controller, my aim is good for shit with it. I guess the 20+ years of mouse and keyboard aiming in games probably have something to do with it.

The controller is great for 3rd person games imo but for fps fast paced games it just becomes frustrating for me.

If anyone prefer the controller over m+k all the power to you, but it is not for me. If someone picks the game up for the console because of the controller is better for them doesn't me much. I know I will enjoy the game a lot more on the PC.

23. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 10:12 Eldaron Imotholin

Mcboinkens wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 01:32:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 00:22:
I skipped MW2 but in my favorite FPSs I haven't had a problem with cheating (let alone rampant cheating) for like 6+ years.

Last time I remember it being really bad was pre CS:S when speed hacks and aimbots were pretty common. I saw some commander hacks/spam in BF2 for a bit but I had stopped playing mostly by that point.

CS:S, Q3, TF2, L4D, BC2 have been hacker free for me.

lolwut

Also, I am promoting the console version. I have no idea if the PC version will be any good. I made my transition to console gaming for multiplayer a long time ago.

Another thing I cannot and probably will not ever understand.

I guy working in a gamestore even managed to tell me that he's better with aiming with a controller than mouse-keyboard. I laughed and asked him if he ever played Shadowrun. He didn't, but he knew what I was going for.

I don't care though, go ahead and promote the console versions..

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

22. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 09:16 pihx

Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 02:25:
I skipped MW2 but in my favorite FPSs I haven't had a problem with cheating (let alone rampant cheating) for like 6+ years.

Last time I remember it being really bad was pre CS:S when speed hacks and aimbots were pretty common. I saw some commander hacks/spam in BF2 for a bit but I had stopped playing mostly by that point.

lolwut

That's why I made the post. Everyone out there seems to be unable to find a server without hackers but it hasn't been an issue for me in years.

Same here. I don't think i've ever played on a server with a hacker in BC2 so far. And if i played against one and i didn't notice, i don't care since i've nejoyed every minute of that game.

21. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 09:02 Ledge

lolwut

Also, I am promoting the console version. I have no idea if the PC version will be any good. I made my transition to console gaming for multiplayer a long time ago.

enjoy, ill stick to the mouse/keyboard for the PC.

20. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 05:48 SpectralMeat

Elcabong wrote on Nov 1, 2010, 23:46:
I'm just curious, everyone seems to be really excited about the multiplayer part of these games. We are talking about the PC version, right?

Every decent PC shooter that I know of seems to go through the same cycle. First, they come out with a good multi-player shooter. Then, after a while, a few cheaters are on line, killing everyone and trying to get ridiculously high scores. Then more cheaters show up. Then it gets to the point where your team doesn't even have a fighting chance unless you have at least a few cheaters on your team. Then it gets to the point where nearly everyone's cheating and the whole game is pointless. And Punkbuster is a joke, it takes them months to come out with a fix, and a day or 2 for the cheaters to crack it.

Is this game really going to be any different?

I've been playing Treyarch's previous CoD game World at War on the PC lately and I absolutely love it. There are cheaters but if I end up in a game with one I just back out and join another game.
There's still plenty of servers running that game and I find it to be a lot of fun to play it still.

So based on my own experience, I am pretty sure I will have a blast playing Black Ops, because even if they just release World at War with modern weapons and new maps, I am sold (which isn't the case based on what I saw from previews and videos of BO so far).

There are cheaters and hackers in just about every online MP games, but with dedicated servers and admins I think most of those little punks will be banned and kicked before they will ruin your MP experience. If no admins around then just back out of the game and find another server I am sure there will be plenty with this game.

As far as sales, the preorder numbers passed MW2 numbers a couple of weeks ago already, so I think this will be a lot more popular on all platforms then MW2 was. I am getting this for the PC of course, and I can't wait to play it.

19. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 02:25 Sepharo

lolwut

That's why I made the post. Everyone out there seems to be unable to find a server without hackers but it hasn't been an issue for me in years.

18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 01:35 sc4r4b

No punkbuster and dedicated servers... So yeah, this will be different. I'm sure there will still be cheaters but at least it will be possible to kick them.

In all my years of FPS gaming I have never seen cheating as bad as I have seen it in MW2. Which goes to show why dedicated servers are so important. In the end it's up to us gamers to police our own servers.

17. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 01:32 Mcboinkens

lolwut

16. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 2, 2010, 00:22 Sepharo

15. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 23:54 space captain

Elcabong wrote on Nov 1, 2010, 23:46:

you can get a tinfoil hat for your PC that will block those cheaters

Go forth, and kill!

14. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 23:46 Elcabong

I'm just curious, everyone seems to be really excited about the multiplayer part of these games. We are talking about the PC version, right?

Every decent PC shooter that I know of seems to go through the same cycle. First, they come out with a good multi-player shooter. Then, after a while, a few cheaters are on line, killing everyone and trying to get ridiculously high scores. Then more cheaters show up. Then it gets to the point where your team doesn't even have a fighting chance unless you have at least a few cheaters on your team. Then it gets to the point where nearly everyone's cheating and the whole game is pointless. And Punkbuster is a joke, it takes them months to come out with a fix, and a day or 2 for the cheaters to crack it.

13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 22:12 ColoradoHoudini

I might have to play the SP in this game.. which isn't typical for me at all.
I am more interested in the MP aspect of this game. I want to know it's solid, teh speed it right, the gameplay matches the features and maps..and everything has a good flow to it.

12. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 20:45 ASeven

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 1, 2010, 18:46:
By the way this is a kick ass trailer, I love the music in it !

Rolling Stones is the music symbol of Nam I think, you can't hear their old tunes without associating it with Nam, besides it's a kick-ass song.

The only thing I'm curious on this game is if it will sell more than MW2. It will sell much more than MW2 on the PC, that's a given.

Pretty much the gaming industry is going to be carried on the back of this game for the next months, question is, will this be enough to put the industry in the green or if bad news will keep on coming.

11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 19:34 bhcompy

Throwing knives haven't been this popular since Action Quake 2  

10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 18:46 SpectralMeat

By the way this is a kick ass trailer, I love the music in it !  

9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 15:22 AnointedSword

Huh?  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 13:47 Eldaron Imotholin

Tumbler wrote on Nov 1, 2010, 12:46:
I want to see more on the film/recording thingy. If that is a fully developed feature and players can go back and look at every kill and record those and share them easily on youtube or facebook, or there is some sort of live specific service, they this game is going to go fucking crazy.

Remember that crazy knife kill that went viral? Guy throws knife over a building ends up killing a player, last kill of the game, gets replayed to everyone in the match. That shit is going to keep people playing this game. I'm hoping they saw that and a light went off in their head and they made getting those video's a key part of the MP game.

Add in all that customization and you can quickly get thousands of awesome video clips that will catch the attention of anyone with a pulse and a set of balls.

But if they didn't, and it's just some stupid gimmick attached to a camera that you have to manually setup and you are the only one who gets to see it...well then I think that would confirm everyone's worst fears about Treyarch being a bunch of hacks that don't bring anything substantial to the table...

Implementing that video feature well could take this franchise into 10x as many homes as it's ever been in. Fingers Crossed.

The level of self-aggrendizement in the FPS MP community is so fucking sick I never ever mingled and just played quietly.. shooting others.

Everyone thinks they are the best and they want the whole world to know, like it's the only thing in their life to be proud of -- which is often the case with this target-group I'm sure.

The video feature would up the sales by ten? Never that. But you're certainly right that adding "show-off" features to a game like this is a smart move indeed.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2010, 15:28.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 13:06 Beamer

That knife kill was awesome and definitely sold more copies.

Halo 3 still does this best. Yes, I know, a console game, but it does replays vastly better than any PC FPS I can think of. It's insanely fun to use, it just needed better controls letting you jump anywhere... the type of thing you'd expect on PC.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo