Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Kotick More Influential than the President

AskMen.com Calls Bobby Kotick 16th "most influential" man of 2010: "He has also infuriated legions of gamers by suggesting a strong desire to raise prices and charge for cutscenes. It's radical ideas like these that have led more than one talking head to call him 'the Hitler of the Gaming Industry.' Kotick’s critics can complain until they’re blue in the face because as long as he retains control of franchises like Guitar Hero, Call of Duty and Tony Hawk, he’ll continue to be one of the richest and most influential men on the planet." BTW, Barack Obama is #21 and Jon Stewart is #1. Thanks MCV.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Dec 1, 2010, 01:57 Sepharo

avianflu wrote on Nov 30, 2010, 23:03:
Ashley that is the strangest take on Stewart I have ever heard.

I think people who want to see it that way see it that way.
Confirmation bias or whatever.

I know the opposite could be said to be true as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Nov 30, 2010, 23:03 avianflu

Ashley that is the strangest take on Stewart I have ever heard.  

25. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Nov 1, 2010, 12:32 OrganB3

Did you just say Jon Stewart is not that funny, and then proceeded to make an unfunny joke about Downs Syndrome?

Goodness!

24. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 30, 2010, 07:08 Veterator

I guess if you base it on them influencing your opinion on something. Then yes Kotick makes me want to stop purchasing any games that help pay his salary. If that's the kind of influence they feel is important.....or possibly my desire to not see his name mentioned anymore anywhere for anything.

It's like the guy talking on his bluetooth ear piece too loudly, if I knew what he did for a living I'd like to stop spending toward his salary because he's annoying. Kotick is about as influential as an annoying person on a cell phone call. Did that guy make the list?

23. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 30, 2010, 03:24 Prez

This list makes no sense. The President has the power to change virtually every aspect of your existence (in the US, natch). I don't even really remember what John Stewart looks like - I just remember him being a tool, and really not that funny. And I don't get the argument that being in charge of Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, and Call of Duty makes Bob "I Give Mongloids a Bad Name" Kotick influential.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 22:59 Yosemite Sam

Heh, if your watching The Daily Show for a serious debate your barking up the wrong tree. Stewart cracks a funny when he is wrong, cracks a funny when he is right and cracks a funny when everyone is out to lunch. Thats why its called political satire, thats why his show shows the biggest morons out there, and thats why he has on many occasions stressed thats his game, and he doesnt pretend otherwise. I think if anything eats his guts, its the fact that the news industry is so f****d right now that people are taking his show seriously when all he wants to do is provide entertainment.

Heh reminds me of the EP where he went after FOX because they gave the same argument regarding his show, then at the end he breaks into song with the choir... go f**k yourself... go f**k yourself... go f**k yourself... comedy genius, look it up if youve never seen it.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2010, 23:16.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

21. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 19:13 PHJF

It's a comedy show.

He's a comedian.

He's said it himself a thousand times.

It's not fucking Meet the Press. ONCE every few months John will rail into an interviewee, and VERY RARELY will he forget he is on a comedy show (Jim Cramer comes to mind). The rest of the time is marked by light, pointless banter.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

20. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 18:47 Ashley

Stewart is effective at the age old art of removing the intellectuals from the demographic.
His debating trick goes like this...
He debates with someone.
If he starts to lose, he makes a clever joke or does some comedy routine and ends the debate. Looking like a cool funny guy.
WIN
If he wins the debate, well,
WIN

People who understand debating can only stomach this 4 or 5 times before they move on, no matter how funny or clever it is. So you end up with a demographic that lacks that critical edge and is easier to get a 'not quite' correct message to.

That's pretty damned influential

He's a nice guy, I know this must eat at his gut sometimes.

19. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 18:05 Kxmode

……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-‘”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……“;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

18. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 18:05 Cutter

Kodick sure does influence me. He influences me to stay away from giving him money wherever possible. Not what you really want in a business leader, is it?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

17. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 17:40 Acleacius

I don't play any of those games, now I know why delusional incompetence.

In all honestly it says more about the low quality of AskMen, to choose him. In case they were doing this to get clicks, I won't even bother looking at there list after including him.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

16. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 16:28 PHJF

I watch the Daily Show because it's funny. John only "influences" me insomuch as his daily voyeurism serves to make our political system seem more and more hopelessly beyond salvation. The 24/7 news does the exact same thing, only they are often not as funny.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 16:15 Highlander

Bob Kotick can lick my ballsack. Asshole.  

14. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 15:32 Tumbler

Maybe they only mean for gaming...? But then John Stewart and Obama wouldn't even make the list. Kotick is not an influential person in any meaningful way...

The heads of Infinity ward deserve more awards for being influential people despite people probably not knowing their names. Kotick is only being recognized by this list because he's involved with the CoD franchise which he doesn't deserve much credit for...Would be like talking to the financiers behind avatar like they were James Cameron. You're fucking kidding me right? Money doesn't make games, people do. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, it matters who is actually creating the product.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 15:24 Golwar

Odd list. While I can agree that John Stewart earns to somewhere among the top 10, what makes people as Nadal or Kotick have a huge influence?

The one dominates sports, but doesn't change the fate of anyones life. And Kotick - how does releasing overpriced map packs influence me? Besides that I buy another game instead.

And the for me completly unknown Graydon Carter, ranked 10th, is so important that wiki only offers a rather small summary in the english language. He doesn't even exist for the rest of world, cute.

12. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 15:07 Yosemite Sam

Yeah, I know who John Stewart is, but he is quite far from the most influential person. Where do they get the morons that make up these stories?

Guess we'll find out tomorrow just how influential Stewart is.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

11. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 14:09 nin

Kotick More Influential than the President

You just know he prints this type of shit out and hangs it on the wall...

And BTW, how are those Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk games doing these days? Not too well, I hear...hell, amazon had the latest GH game on sale last weekend for $41, less than a month after it was released.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 13:59 Wallshadows

Kotick doesn't do a fucking thing. He just sits at his desk and jerks off with pricing guns after he pisses in every ones corn flakes while the money flows in from drones.  

9. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 13:26 frag.machine

Kotick More Influential than the President wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 10:35:
It's radical ideas like these that have led more than one talking head to call him 'the Hitler of the Gaming Industry.'

I thereby invoke Godwin's Law to declare this thread dead.

8. Re: Kotick More Influential than the President Oct 29, 2010, 13:10 Fibrocyte

Glenn Beck talks to his followers like they're complete morons.

Wait - that actually makes sense.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo