Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow

The Battlefield Blog announces the promised patch for the PC edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is expected tomorrow. Word is: "Please note: All game servers will need to be taken down for updates. The maintenance period starts on Friday, October 29th at 06:00 AM GMT. Most of the servers should be back up by 10:00 AM GMT. The patch is roughly 900 MB in size." They outline how to get the new version via Steam or otherwise, and offer an updated set of patch notes, which follow.

• All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
  • Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
  • Blue box chat window removed
  • The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..
  • 3D vision fixed.
  • Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
  • Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
  • Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
  • Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
  • Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
  • Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
  • Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
  • Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
  • Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
  • Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
  • Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
  • Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
  • Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
  • Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
  • Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
  • Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
  • Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
  • Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
  • Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
  • Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.
  • Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
  • Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 17:34 Steelcamp

Hey thanks for the info Looks like ill start using the shotgun more often :-P

YEP blastin' bitches to the left and blastin' bitches to the right.
Rollin down (whatever damn street it is in this game) with a shotgun.
It is now my new favorite weapon...

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2010, 17:46.

-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 15:47 Innocent

i know the M60AN94 Gustav is the veritable triad of noob weapons...but it's also my 3 favorite guns. esp the carl.

agreed with the scoped m14. i hate that iron sight.

16. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 11:51 bhcompy

Innocent wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 23:45:
DAMMIT!

CG nerfed finally i'll miss you, hot carl. man i'll miss you.
AN 94 close damage nerfed.
M60 dmg nerfed.

Yea, all the nublet weapons were nerfed. Thank jesus. All LMGs still need an overheat, though. That's the only balance point left more or less that I have an issue with.

And maybe a scope on the M1 and M14(particularly the M14, since it's a damn Marine/Delta sniper rifle)

15. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 10:17 eRe4s3r

So does this patch fix the spawn hack exploit thing? And what the heck happend to the specact weapons, now we are still stuck with unachievable achievements  

14. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 10:05 Verno

Dice games have always had massive patches unfortunately. Apparently changing some weapon stats and hitboxes requires 750MB of model changes too because of their shitty optimization process for consoles.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 09:48 xXBatmanXx

Looking in Steam:

At 107 this AM CST time, I received an update the size of: 789.9 MB

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 09:08 xXBatmanXx

and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.

This with the shotty changes.

*sigh*

And looking over the weapon changes, looks like all the changes they did before that they then reversed. I am to tired and haven't had coffee yet, so I am not going to search for the previous updates.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

11. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 08:54 AnointedSword

Ya, think I will start playing this again. Better accuracy is a good thing.

I also think I will use the shotty more now as well:)

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 08:12 Steelcamp

Hey thanks for the info Looks like ill start using the shotgun more often :-P  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 05:30 wonkawonka

Ok so they want to increase the difference in short range between regular shotgun shells and slugs, so instead of lowering the slugs power they increase even more the ridiculous shotgun power.
It was already a shotgun slugfest (pun intended) in short range combat where the semi/auto weapons were useless. Now it's going to be even more of a "I got the lowest ping, you dead with my 1-hit shotgun".

8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 04:24 ViRGE

GarrettTX1 wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 00:31:
so why is the patch 900mb ?
Very long discussion/explanation from Kalms @ DICE on cooking things in the Frostbite Kitchen...

EA UK Forums Link
They really have to find a new way to distribute patches. I understand why they have issues, but 900MB is ridiculous.

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 01:42 Ant

DangerDog wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 23:13:
That's odd, they've said that they don't do patches on weekends in case something goes horribly wrong...
They said that? When? URL(s)? It IS a good idea not to release major patches/updates on Fridays indeed. My employer does that unless it is a super emergency.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 29, 2010, 00:31 GarrettTX1

so why is the patch 900mb ?
Very long discussion/explanation from Kalms @ DICE on cooking things in the Frostbite Kitchen...

EA UK Forums Link

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 28, 2010, 23:45 Innocent

DAMMIT!

CG nerfed finally i'll miss you, hot carl. man i'll miss you.
AN 94 close damage nerfed.
M60 dmg nerfed.

4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 28, 2010, 23:26 bigspender

ok so the patch looks mostly like some number tweaking (which would mostly be on the server end right? - so why is the patch 900mb ?  

3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 28, 2010, 23:13 DangerDog

That's odd, they've said that they don't do patches on weekends in case something goes horribly wrong.

Looks like a massive Nerf™ patch.

Cry babies 1, DICE 0

2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 28, 2010, 23:13 LittleMe

That sounds like a punkbuster issue. Contact them.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Tomorrow Oct 28, 2010, 22:49 Rattlehead

Damn still no word about punkbuster kicking people who have Nvidia Optimus on their laptops.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo