Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales

Battle.net is now offering presales of the digital Cataclysm upgrade for World of Warcraft, Blizzard's MMORPG. Those who choose to get the expansion in this manner will be able to play the game as soon as it launches on December 7 at 3:00 am EST, as the new content will download in the background between now and then when you play the game or have the launcher open. Blizzard offers a FAQ on the process, which follows.

Q. When will my credit card (or other payment method) be charged?
A. You will be charged on the day that you place your pre-order for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Q. Why do I need to log in to the game once after Iíve upgraded?
A. The first time you log in after pre-ordering, your account will become eligible to begin receiving the Cataclysm data when itís available. The data will automatically download in the background while you play World of Warcraft or while you have the Launcher window open.

Q. Can I pre-order a physical copy of Cataclysm and have it shipped?
A. Not from Blizzard Entertainment, but many retailers offer pre-orders of physical boxes and Collectorís Editions.

Q. In what regions is the Cataclysm pre-sale available? What day/time is Cataclysm launching in my region?
The pre-sale is available in the following regions, with realms scheduled to launch at the following times:

∑ Americas, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia - December 7 at 12:01 a.m. PST
     ∑ Europe and Russia - December 7 at 12:01 a.m. CET

Q. Will a digital version of the Collector's Edition, with the exclusive pet, be available?
A. No. The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition is exclusive to physical retail copies. The digital version consists of the standard edition.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 29, 2010, 05:48 Jonny

CannibalBob wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 20:16:
Can someone tell me how this Cataclysm preorder costs? I can't log into Battle.net to see (it appears to be too busy?) Also, Blizzard sneakily doesn't mention the cost anywhere out in the open (as if they are ashamed of it).

£29.99 in the UK, that's £5 more than retail. Seeing as the servers will be a bloody nightmare for a day or two after release I'm content to wait for the postman to deliver mine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 29, 2010, 03:13 RenownWolf

Yes the price is $39.99 for us Australians with the current exchange rate it's the first time in a long time we get the advantage. Local retailers are asking around $60 per copy, while being about to get it for ~$42 aus is excellent.

I've been buying my games in USD for awhile now, as I find even when the dollar is around 80c to 1USD I can still get it cheaper.

Then again you guys have massive retail competition and can get it cheaper again.

http://www.renownwolf.com

16. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 29, 2010, 01:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 23:59:
Not sure if/how it would affect start up intros to the races,
The race startups are rendered in real time, by the game engine.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 23:59 Wallshadows

Apparently, if you're doing a fresh install with the new Blizzard installer it will not download the additional video files to save on several GBs of data and whatnot.

Not sure if/how it would affect start up intros to the races, but it was mentioned that videos which are along the lines of the Wrathgate event or the Fall of the Lich King are not included. Whether this is the case or not, I don't know.

I'm sure you can just download the videos and drop them into the correct folder regardless once they are available.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2010, 00:15.

14. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 22:41 Mashiki Amiketo

CannibalBob wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 20:16:
Can someone tell me how this Cataclysm preorder costs? I can't log into Battle.net to see (it appears to be too busy?) Also, Blizzard sneakily doesn't mention the cost anywhere out in the open (as if they are ashamed of it).
I can't login to tell you as battle.net is still down. Anyway, from what I've heard it's $39.99. Around here that's $2 more than retail.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 20:16 CannibalBob

"If you like it, they will stop making it" - Herblock's Law

12. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 20:00 Fion

I'd like to get the CE bug frankly $80 is to much for a CE version of an expansion.

I'll be getting the digital version, though I'd love to see a Digital CE with the pet, and the vids and soundtrack downloadable form battle.net or something. But twice the cost of the normal ed is ridiculous.

11. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 19:57 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 19:49:
Grounded wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 19:39:
I dont have to camp for shit. I show up at Fry's at 9am and walk in and get my collectors edition.

Without a digital CE, I guess I will have to trek to the store again

Do the same thing here at the local Wally World.

Praise Marty Moose!

10. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 19:49 Agent.X7

Grounded wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 19:39:
I dont have to camp for shit. I show up at Fry's at 9am and walk in and get my collectors edition.

Do the same thing here at the local Wally World.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 19:39 Grounded

8. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 19:34 sc4r4b

If you pre-order Cata from Blizz you can no longer log-in!  

7. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 19:33 nin

And the auth servers just shit themselves - nice!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 18:29 nin

I dont see how having a physical copy of the game will allow you to play before blizzard lets you.

It won't. Until the servers go live, they'll be down like everyone else.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 18:10 Placid

It says it (cataclysm) launches dec 7th at 3am est.
I dont see how having a physical copy of the game will allow you to play before blizzard lets you.

4. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 17:38 Ray Marden

This is a good idea in general, but anybody really concerned about the time factor will be picking it up at midnight (12AM EST, not 3AM EST) and this is only the standard edition.

Otherwise, my only concern would be launch day activation/downloading of the launch day files. Blzizard has always skimped on its downloading services and I would certainly see some issues on day one.
Not, you know, that the servers won't be down atll day anyway...
Sadly getting two CE editions at midnight ,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

3. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 16:37 Mac

Already pre-ordered for £17 from The Hut ... why is digital always more expensive than retail?  

2. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 15:53 Wallshadows

I plan to buy through the Blizzard store. I've done the whole camp out thing before and it really wasn't that great. The only pet I regret not getting is the Mini Diablo.

As for the Blizzard store download, the speed was consistent and topped out my connection when I bought Star Craft 2.

1. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Digital Presales Oct 28, 2010, 15:40 Akuinnen

DOH... that's gotta hurt retailers.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo