Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer

The Star Trek Infinite Space Website now features a new trailer from this upcoming free-to-play MMORPG based on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. According to developer GameForge: "The trailer gives an emotional preview of the game's universe setting and the conflicts running deep between the factions."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 19:21 Slashman

kxmode wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 12:59:
Shadowcat wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 06:10:
Yes. All of them.

Fallout 4: Infinite Wasteland

Don't joke about stuff like that... Worried

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 12:59 Kxmode

Shadowcat wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 06:10:
Yes. All of them.

Fallout 4: Infinite Wasteland

9. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 09:15 NewMaxx

I saw Gameforge mentioned somewhere in there. I've played two Gameforge games, Ikariam and Gladiatus, both browser-based games. This one seems to be a continuation of their focus. While not exactly cutting-edge in this arena, they are the "Blizzard" of their arena, attracting casual players while eliminating or buying up would-be competitors. They seem to do pretty well for themselves and are getting more connected with every passing day.

That does not imply that they are ideal, however. Far from it - I find their prices to be rather steep for what they offer. I suppose they are more a niche product in that way, gaming for the "10%" that would buy some DLC or those that want an edge in a temporarily addicting gameplay mechanism. Their technology is not at the top, either, although they maintain significant sophistication. Overall I would say their appeal is more for the European market than NA, but I admit to having put some cash towards their titles in my time, so that is not an absolute.

8. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 07:09 Rigs

I wonder if it's wise to release another Star Trek MMO and take attention away from STO? As far as I'm concerned, STO needs all it can get at this point...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

7. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 06:10 Shadowcat

Yes. All of them.  

6. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 04:16 BobBob

Is every new game going to append the name 'infinite' now?  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

5. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 00:30 Cutter

Well, if you stop and consider it. Space combat was a very minor point in most of the ST series. It was all about science, diplomacy, adventure. And untill they start making ST games like that they're always bound to fail.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 00:26 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 00:06:
And both of those games had space combat in them.

Come on... that's pushing it. They were adventure games!

3. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 00:06 The Half Elf

And both of those games had space combat in them.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 28, 2010, 00:00 Kxmode

Why does every Star Trek game have to involve space combat? Why can't they make adventure games like Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Star Trek: The Next Generation: A Final Unity. I wouldn't mind seeing TellTale Games makes really great episodic adventure games based on TNG or DS9. I would buy that in a heartbeat.  

1. Re: Star Trek Infinite Space Trailer Oct 27, 2010, 22:32 Shadowcat

Happiness is a warm particle vortex cannon  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo